PDA

View Full Version : Great Sandy Marine Park - 1 Line 1 Hook???

jimlawler1980
04-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi all,

I was just looking at the Zoning Map and Provisions Table for the Great Sandy Marine Park.

I see that most of the surf side of Fraser is in the Conservation Park Zone.

Then I see that 'Line Fishing' in the Conservation Park Zone is limited to 1 Line/Rod & 1 Hook/Lure per person.

I have no problems with the 1 Rod per person.... but what do they define 1 Hook as?

Is a set of Ganged Hooks in a Pilchard counted as 1 Hook. Or could it be considered 3 or 4 separate hooks???

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers

Jim

BAIT_MAN
04-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Mate my understanding is that a set off gang hooks is the same as one hook.

Regards Shane

Big_unit
05-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Nothing silly about that question, we are dealing with a government that does some of the most stupid things we have seen or are ever likely to see.

Next election Beattie must go, vote him out.

Cheers
James

Barrymundi
07-08-2006, 08:18 PM
correct me if I am wrong, this is federal not state.

Alan

kc
07-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Great Sandy Straights is actually state issue not federal. The state Government however wants to impose the same zoning system as the federal (GBR) system to "avoid confusion".

So, in a commonwealth park (The GBR) a yellow zone is resticted to 1 line 1 hook and in a state yellow zone (which abuts the GBR zones) a yellow zone is 1 line 1 hook. No commercial net fishing is allowed in a yellow zone but commercial line fishing is allowed. In a GBR yellow zone spearfish is now allowed, UNLESS an area of yellow zone is surrounded by a dotted red line, then spear fishing is not allowed, but is allowed in a blue zone, inside a dotted red line, UNLESS it is a setting 5 blue zone and then it is subject to a plan of management, which overrides and zoning plan.

Then...in the GSS yellow zone...well, rec fishers are allowed 3 lines and 3 hooks and commercial net fishing and trawl fishing IS allowed, IF the area is covered by diagonal red stripes.

The GSS yellow zone should actually be a different colour again because it is nothing like a GBR yellow zone...except on the beach to the ocean side of Fraser...where THAT yellow zone restricts rec fishers to 1 line 1 hook Now all this is covered by the zoning maps, EXCEPT the maps are not actually binding legal documents and every user of the park is expected and advised to consult the actual zoning plan (a 200 page document of mumbo gumbo) before going into the park
....confused :o :o :-/ :'( Me 3...and I actually understand this ^%#$@.

Pity help the visitor who just wants to go fishin'

No wonder everyone is going to the Gulf.

KC

Barrymundi
07-08-2006, 08:55 PM
well now i am confused.

Do they have green and pink?

kc
07-08-2006, 09:41 PM
err! Yes the GSS plan has some green but not any pink. Not to say they can't "do" pink, they just have not on this one.

This used to be one of life "simple" pleasures. :-/

KC

timbacutta
07-08-2006, 11:29 PM
When is all this mumbo jumbo going to come into force?
Why couldn't they have done the same as they did with Pumistone Passage. Don't they want any recreational fishing based tourism in Queensland?

Jeff.

tunaman
08-08-2006, 03:18 AM
How are they going to police it, there are so many fisherpeople now
days? For someone to fined, it would be a case of being in the wrong
place at the wrong time. most people will do the right thing,but #they cant go round checking everyone, they dont have the man power to
do it, or do they?
They may just target the comps, and holiday times.
Iam sure fishing is not surposed to be so stressfull.
Too many rules is going to kill this sport.

signed tunaman

jimlawler1980
08-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Now at least I can rest easy knowing that i can throw a pilchard out off the beach without fear of being tapped on the shoulder...

But I have definitely found it all a little confusing and am not looking forward to trying to remember all the little details particulary if Moreton Bay Marine Park ends up following the path that it seems to be going down.

Cheers

Jim