PDA

View Full Version : moreton bay closure Poll

stevedemon
04-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi all
I was there on tuesday night had my say but still wanted to say more but did not for the fact that it was well organized and did not want to see a riot, but my suggestion is that with all the fisho's on site and letting your mates know, send the message home to the Greenies and the Labor Government that we are no longer going to take this lying down.

Make your votes count, if not for the fishing party then vote Nationals/Liberals, but preferrably for the Fishing party if it is up to and running by election time (we can only hope).

The more we sit on our hands and keep our mouths shut, the more these greenies and Politicans are going to shaft us, were the sun does not shine, but the more us fisho's show that we are more organized the more they are going to listen.

We have to get the media and the support of our local M.P's from all areas around brissy to the Coasts both Sunshine/ Gold Coast and in between harass them if you have to make them listen to your issues and concerns lets get this going now or as skippa has stated please explain to you kids and Grand-Kids why can't you take me fishing of the Beach's in the boat or off the rocks.

Lets organize a rally not only on the water but also in front of Parliament with our boats and fishing gear our kids and families with the signage to send our messages home to the Governments that we are going to stick together that we are no-longer a disorganized bunch or beer belly anti-social loud mouths this also means working together with Trawlers, Charter Boats Skippas/owners and anyone to whom fishes whether one day a year or 52weeks of the year(I WISH).

The more there is the better for all concerned, yes i can hear the moans from here working together yes this will be the only way of sending Governments and greenies the message home.

I will put this same up on another board with a poll just to see how many of us are really concerned to this E.P.A and the closures remember it will not be just the Bay but it will start from Bridie to the Gold Coast and any thing in between and for those that think it will not happen it is here and it is in Black and White lets not let them get it to Colour this will also mean getting the media in with us and picking a spoke person for this event someone from the party along with a well known pollie

Cheers #
Steve #

Big_unit
05-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Beattie and his staff must go, they dont listen so lets give someone else a go.

Cheers
James

Got_the_Fever
06-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Permanent closures dont work. They are a ridiculas idea made up by some twisted little bureacrat who wouldnt know one end of a fishing rod from the other. There are better ways of conservation that does not lead to permanent hardship for rec fishos, trawlers or any other pro fishing.

I have posted here regarding this in the past with an idea I have been developing for a few years. It involves TEMPORARY rolling closures that can be used in any area of australia not just an abatory closure around south east queensland. These closures would allow fish stocks to recover and breed without the stress of capture.

I have added the link to these past posts to this tread incase any one likes to read them. I know a lot of ppl may not agree with me and thats fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1153318541/0

Kel

Big_unit
06-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah I agree with closing areas down for 12 to 24 months and keep a rotation working. It would be an excellent way to manage all marine / national parks. Especially areas that have a high tourism flow, eg Fraser Island & Great Barrier Reef.

There has to be a better solution than completely / nearly stopping recreational activities yet allowing professionals to continue. I think one rule eg Green zones should cover all professional & recreational activities, otherwise they are pointless.

Cheers
James

Louis
07-08-2006, 03:41 PM
The Fishing Party will be getting my vote.

Those who are with me on this, say 'I'.

Louis

PinHead
07-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Will TFP be ready for the election??? Pete has annointed himself as Minister for Water today..methinks the calling of an election is very close.

kc
07-08-2006, 09:04 PM
We have lodged the paperwork Greg but could not do this until after our AGM on 29th July. Will we be ready? Depends on when it is but Beattie did say today "the election in 6 months time"

We don't think he will wait that long but also don't think it will be in September. This is our "best guess" but we have some pretty good political advice "in house" these days.

If we get a fair go time wise TFPQ will run in at least 6 seats where we can make a significant impact and probabley roll 6 sitting members. (all seats held by less than 6% and all "fishing" seats).

To date we have only annouced 1 candidate

Press release follows.

KC

Can electoral lightning strike twice?
Will Desley Boyle go the same way as Goss Labor Environment Minister Molly Robson and lose her seat to the “Fishing Vote”?

When Goss Government environment Minister Molly Robson lost her Springwood seat in the 1995 election it was in no small part due to the recreational fishing vote and her public stance on banning recreational fishing in all National Parks.
Current Environment Minister Desley Boyle now faces a real challenge for her seat in Cairns with Fishing Party candidate, Dr Mike Mansfield announcing his candidacy.

Dr Mansfield, an Orthopaedic Surgeon, is highly regarded in the Cairns community, both for his professional standing as well as his high profile environmental work in forming the Trinity Bay Inlet Society.

The Fishing Party (Qld) was one of the surprise packets of the last Federal Senate election outpolling both the greens and democrats North of Mackay and achieving primary senate votes as high as 20.6% in some regional booths.

Party Chairman Kevin Collins said the organization was extremely serious about its attempt to influence a number of coastal seats affected by ultra green driven Labor policy.
“This party is about returning some common sense to the environmental debate”’ he said.
“This is about everyone from fishers to horse riders, beekeepers to 4WD enthusiasts and ordinary Australians who are made to feel guilty because we choose to enjoy our natural resources”.

“We are tired of constant messages which make us feel we are no longer welcome in our own national parks. Dr Mansfield’s candidacy is our first shot at tearing down the environmental bureaucracy which dominates the lives of ordinary Australians”.

This minister has overseen the complimentary zoning legislation in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, which has closed off many of the beaches in the North to family fishing and destroyed many fishing related businesses. Ms Boyle tried without success to ban interaction with Dolphins at Tin Can Bay and now has her sights set on the 2007 rezoning of Moreton Bay. “Enough is enough and the first real shot over the bow of the Beattie Government could be the loss of his Environment Minister”.

It is the stated intention of The Fishing Party (Qld) to make Governments, at all levels, come to fear the “fishing vote” more than they do the “green vote” and no longer will green preferences determine Government policy.

Ends

Media Contacts Kevin Collins 0414 785 462
Dr Mike Mansfield mmwiz@iig.com.au

stevedemon
07-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi all
do not know about anyone else but my Vote will be the fishing party BEATTIE HAS TO GO as he is becoming a one man band most of his delegates are deserting the post at the next election plus those that the party has sacked for going against the party on the Dams

Mine is and I we fish and we vote but at the same time we think as well??????? ;D 8-) ;D 8-)

Cheers
Steve

P.S 189 lookers but only 59 voters show that some only think of fishing not letting everyone know which way they will go :'( :'( :'(

PinHead
08-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Steve..voting is by secret ballot which I am sure you know and for that reason many people,myself included, do not disclose who they vote for.

S.S.
08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Could you imagine the publicity if we rallied in Brisbane City - a convoy of vehicles towing boats? # The traffic would be chaotic but then again, there's no use rallying on a quiet country road is there? # ;)