PDA

View Full Version : Fish Habitat Area plans

fishingjew
07-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Fish Habitat Area plans

http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/13402.html

for any one whos interrested at looking where they are.

shayned
08-08-2006, 01:00 PM
What do the areas mean?

Adamy
08-08-2006, 07:27 PM
What do the areas mean?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but basically fish habitat areas protect that area from further redevelopment and any actvity which alters the current terrain. - So you cant go in there with a shovel and try and dig up some worms - but to drift near them and fish them is OK - as they are zoned multiuse. #If you want to read more into it go to: http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/13401.html#what%20are

These zonings have very little to do with the proposed closure to up to half of moreton bay to recreational fishing - they are an interesting conservation effort tho - I havent looked that far into it but it doesnt look as if they affect our right to access the bay in order to procure a feed of fish.

I hope that helps a little bit - this whole issue is shrouded in heresay and secret backroom deals - so I doubt whether you'll see maps available just yet of proposed closure areas - my best guess is when they do they'll issue some big draft map with massive areas of moreton bay closed - the big stink will go up - the pollies will say that these are only proposed areas - then when they release the final - the closed areas will shrink dramatically and fishos will accept it as think they've had a win when in fact the final areas were the "real" proposed areas anyway - they just want you to think that you've had a small victory...

For an example look at what beattie did with the Dam proposals - he made everyone think he was going to put a dam in place A - had community consultation - caused a big stink then informed the public that the dam will be in place B... no community consultation - no stink (well a lot less anyway).... Place B was never on the proposed list - they were absolutely shocked - This is how this Government works..... So when it happens come back here - there'll be three words..... "Told You So!!"

shayned
10-08-2006, 04:35 PM
All time honoured techniques, the other one I love and I think so does little Johnny in Canberra, is as soon as a serious issue raises its head make an announcement that is shocking on another unrelated and in real terms unimportant topic so everybody focuses on that. The good old misdirection slight of hand trick.