PDA

View Full Version : Send the Minister a message

GES
05-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I just sent off an email to the Hon Desley Boyle MP, Minister for Environment, Local Government, Planning and Women.
I informed her that it is becoming common knowledge that consideration is being given by her Government to substantial closures to recreational fishing over much of the common recreational fishing grounds in Moreton Bay.
I pointed out the subsequent loss of recreational opportunity to many thousands of people per year, subsequent loss of business, loss of jobs and consequent claims for compensation which would occur as a result. I pointed out the situation which has evolved in north Queensland due to the closure of much of the GBR fishing areas by the Federal Government.
I told her that most of my retirement recreational activity involves fishing and associated activity on Moreton Bay. I included the fact that my sons and my grand children accompany me on many occasions.
I assured her that there are many others of a like mind to myself and asked her for some indication, by return email, of her Governments intentions regarding the matter.
Can I suggest that others on our site do likewise. Politicians will take notice of individual letters such as this.
Please keep the tone of your email respectfull as this will have the most beneficial effect.
The email address for Hon Desley Boyle MP,
ELGPW@ministerial.qld.gov.au

GES

Big_unit
05-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Sack Beattie and his ministers at the next election.

They are stuffing up everything they do and thats got to be sufficient cause to send them out the gate with thier ports in hand.

shayned
05-08-2006, 03:42 PM
For what its worth I penned one as well, interesting to see if I get a response.

ancienttinnie
07-08-2006, 09:03 PM
SEnt a message to the minister last night and lo I have received an acknowledgement that it was received. More members need to messae the minister!! [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=behead.gif]

shayned
08-08-2006, 12:50 PM
no acknowledgement for mine maybe words like debacle, back room deal and political suicide aren't condusive to replies. Possibly the list of questions were too difficult to answer. Never write when your annoyed.

ancienttinnie
08-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Mate I wrote mine with acid ink and razor blade pen but still got a reply maybe subtlety is beyond them and I was too good.

GES
08-08-2006, 09:45 PM
I also received a response.
Other members would be wise to email the Minister as well.
Everyone that writes makes an impact, because if you take the time to write, they know you are serious.
Politicians understand that most just whinge and do nothing.
Constant dripping water wears away the hardest stone.

GES

shayned
09-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Well I've decided to keep fowarding the same email until I do get a reply, hate to think it got missed.

ziggy.
10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone, just a quick hello as I am a new member and I just wanted to give a little input. Today I sent an e-mail to MS Boyle regarding the bay now this is a first for me but I will no longer sit back and do nothing . My better half and I have joined the fishing party and we are prepared to fight this one until the bitter end if there is an end. Ziggy.

shayned
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Sorry wrong, I got an automated response but no real response as yet.