PDA

View Full Version : The Fishing Party Queensland

Big_unit
08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
This just a quick plug to raise awareness of -

The Fishing Party Queensland

They have a Forum board running as some people already know.

Click here to go and have a look at it.

http://www.fishingparty.com.au/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

Join TFPQ's forum and have your questions answered & discussed.

Cheers
James

tshort
09-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Big Unit, I just had a look at this site and noted the apathy that was apparant from replies to your post on the dams issue. One question is how many other dams have been constructed on systems that have just had sections zoned as marine park?
Do fishermen realy consider another stocked dam to be compensation for the 1 line 1 hook park (theres already a stocked dam at Maryborough). Build a dam at the source, pump in sewerage and trade waste futher downstream towards the straits, what else can we do to it before it reaches this area so worthy of protecting. What was all the hoo-haa about the Straits and submissions again, I forget, must be oldtimers from all those hormones that are femanising the fish.

Big_unit
09-08-2006, 12:41 PM
The only suggestion I can make is join the forums there and post up your questions and get a discussion going. The more of us that use that site and get things rolling the better.

For the record a SI does not compensate anything in my books. Ive also heard that Mary Dam will not be accessable to recreational activities of any kind, possibly a rumour but never the less I wouldnt put it past Beattie.

Cheers
James

blaze
09-08-2006, 09:53 PM
although not a lot of good to me, cant be a member etc, I do keep a very close eye on what happens in other states. I comment all the people that are having a go.
cheers
blaze

Big_unit
09-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Blaze,
You can join, so go ahead and do it.

;) ;) :)

Everyone can join.

Cheers
James

Big_unit
10-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I received a letter today from Electoral Comission Queensland asking me to declare that I am a financial member of TFPQ.

Extract from the letter from ECQ

The Electoral Commission Queensland has received an application to register The Fishing Party ( Queensland ) as a political party for Queensland State elections

One of the criteria for eligibility to be registered, for parties which do not have a member in the Legislative Assembly, is that the party has at least 500 members who are electors. An applicant party must provide details of its members to enable the Commission to ascertain that it meets this criteria. The Commission has been advised that you are a member of the applicant party.

In order for the Commission to be satisfied that the party meets the membership criteria for registration, I am writing to you and all enrolled electors from the list of members provided by the party seeking your confirmation that you are a current member of the party. You may be assured that the membership list and your response to this letter remain confidential within the Commission.

I urge any member who receives this letter to ensure that it is promptly signed and returned in the reply paid envelope ASAP as it must reach ECQ's office before 1st September 2006.

Cheers
James

kevy
11-08-2006, 10:34 AM
ditto, kevy. :) :) :)

Mad_Barry
11-08-2006, 11:33 AM
yep, get them back or we'll have kc & the gang locked up like 'Please explain' Pauline :)

marlinqld
17-08-2006, 06:22 AM
big_unit..that letter from the ECQ may have come out og the aborted One Nation party on the Pauline Hanson days.

Remember she got done for not really having enough members to register.... allegedly of course... so maybe now new parties are checked this way to avoid this in the furutre?

Mike