PDA

View Full Version : Beattie Snap Election

Big-D
15-08-2006, 11:17 AM
:)Mr Beattie has called for a snap on the 9th september.

Cheers peter.

GO THE FISHING PARTY.

Louis
15-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll be voting for the Fishing Party.

Louis

fish2eat
15-08-2006, 12:13 PM
There is nothing "snap" about it, he has been planning this for weeks (if not months) In a classic lie he has been telling people he had not made a decision, yet people in Brisbane recieved letters in the mail this morning from Beattie informing them of the election.

When ARE Queenslanders going to wake up to this pathetic liar and kick him out, you cannot believe anything he says.

fish2eat
15-08-2006, 12:17 PM
I doubt anyone will be able to vote for the "Fishing Party" as it may not even be a registered political party and therefore unable to stand candidates in that name......can anybody clarify??

PinHead
15-08-2006, 12:26 PM
1. it is not a snap election..the writing was on the wall when the current member (cannot remember the name or seat) resigned...it was either a by election or a full election...obviously was going to be the full this close to end of term.

2. Is TFP registered ?

3. Beattie will win easily..for the same reason Howard will win the next Federal election...the opposition is not a viable alternative government in waiting..the Liberals just had a change of leadership..nothing settled in that part of the camp.

Poseidon
15-08-2006, 12:44 PM
For sure, get rid of Beattie and get who to run the state. ??

You would have to be kidding to think that the current opposition could run anything other than a cake stall at the country fair.

Be careful what you wish for, as things as bad as they seem could be a whole lot worse.

Regards Cameron.

tshort
15-08-2006, 02:54 PM
So is the fishing party registered? A donkey vote or non vote is a vote for the present remember.

kc
15-08-2006, 03:00 PM
:-/ :-/

We all knew it was coming but from a TFPQ perspective hoped it was not so soon.

The bad news for us is while all paperwork has already been lodged with the ECQ the process of registration of the party at a state level stopped at 11am today and will not restart till after the election :'(

This was however not unexpected and we have already done our homework and have a strategy in place to at least make a point and have been in election mode full steam for several weeks.

TFPQ will endorse and run at least 3 candidates who will be TFPQ candidates at all times EXCEPT on the actual ballot paper where they must, by law, be listed as independants.

We are standing in Cairns, Barron River and Cleveland. If you live in Brisbane and don't get to vote in this important Bayside seat but still want to help us make a point, contact Shane at Water Tower Bait & Tackle and offer to lend a hand, either during the campaign and/or on polling day.

TFPQ HAS to send a very loud message in the only Moreton Bay electorate we will endorse a candidate in. We HAVE to make a spalsh and significantly outpoll the greens. We have to send a message that can not be ignored.

Likewise anyone in the far north who does not get to vote in Barron River or Cairns can contact Wayne at Mitchells Marine.

Candidates to date are

Dr Mike Mansfield in Cairns
Captain Peter Todd in Barron River
Shane Boese in Cleveland

We are also looking at candidates in Townsville
Hervey Bay
Pumicestone

I Fish & I Vote really needs to make an impact at this election.
If we fail to make an impact in Cleveland then the Government have nothing to fear from the fishing vote when they rezone Moreton Bay.

KC

fish2eat
15-08-2006, 03:30 PM
KC we would all love to get our hands on the stickers that say "I fish and I vote"

are they available and from where, should be in all tackle shops but can't say I've seen them for ages

Fishing_Widow
15-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I agree with Cam and PinHead. Sometimes it is the better the devil you know. We had the same issue in the NT with the CLP having been there for years and the party crumbling. Now we have the Labour party in and everyone was complaining but come election time they got back in because the CLP did not have a strong enough leadership. It will be interesting to see what happens down here.

You must remember that even though people complain they always seem to forget at election time.

It will be interesting to watch though.

Nomes :)

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
15-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't like it, but I think Beattie will get back in. On the other hand, he really has no opposition. Qld's are well and truly shafted with this election. A return of the Beattie Govt will give him a mandate to continue doing as he pleases. It is a sad time I feel.

Dave

Gazza
15-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't like it, but I think Beattie will get back in. On the other hand, he really has no opposition. Qld's are well and truly shafted with this election. A return of the Beattie Govt will give him a mandate to continue doing as he pleases. It is a sad time I feel.

DaveLabor will "walk it in" ...no if,butts, or maybes.......that is "not the point"
JMO

Be counted...or at least try to save YOURSELVES!!
JMO ;)

hicksy
15-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Where are the TFP preferences going?

dasher
15-08-2006, 10:13 PM

DaveLabor will "walk it in" ...no if,butts, or maybes.......that is "not the point"
JMO

Be counted...or at least try to save YOURSELVES!!
JMO #;)

Has this mongrel lied to us, oh yeah big time, is the opposition the answer,.... doubtful. Your choice/s put Beattie back in and let him run riot over fishos and any one else that loves to interact with nature. (Complete shut outs of our unique country) or maybe with a show of (voting) power we may get a voice in the management of the land we love and respect. Your choice???????

dasher
15-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Where are the TFP preferences going?

The How to Vote cards given out on election day are advisory only- they are a request for the voter to distribute his/her preferences as the party wishes. But the voter doesn't have to obey that advice.

For instance TFP may advise voters to put TFP -1, Libs -2, Labor -3, Greens - 4. You are free to walk into the booth and vote TFP -1, Greens -2, Labor -3, Libs - 4. No-one but you has the power to make that decision, and no-one else will know unless you tell them.

This is slightly modified in Senate voting where you can vote "above or below the line". In this process you can make a decision to allocate your own preferences by putting a number in each box (that can take time with 40 or 50 candidates). The alternative is putting 1 in the box of your chosen party only . If you simply put the 1 in the party box, you are choosing to allocate your preferences as the party has directed on its How to Vote card. The choice is still yours - allocate your own preferences as you wish or choose the party "ticket".

When votes are counted the preferences you put on your ballot paper are the way your vote is distributed by the polling booth officials. They don't take any notice of party "How to Vote" cards unless you choose to vote the party "ticket"

hicksy
15-08-2006, 10:30 PM
For those of you who live in the Cleveland electorate, I just got this of the LIberals web site for Andrew trim:

As a keen environmentalist, Andrew is firmly committed to the longevity and sustainability of the Cleveland area.

If you are going to vote for TFP be very careful where you direct your preferences.

dasher
15-08-2006, 10:45 PM
For those of you who live in the Cleveland electorate, I just got this of the LIberals web site for Andrew trim:

As a keen environmentalist, Andrew is firmly committed to the longevity and sustainability of the Cleveland area.

If you are going to vote for TFP be very careful where you direct your preferences.

Not sure what your point is hicksy I think we are all eviromentalists mate :o

CHRIS_aka_GWH
16-08-2006, 07:11 AM
an un-mitigated supply in the parliament for continuous terms and queensland labor have bugger-all new infra-structure to show to handle the fastest growing population & healthiest economy in the country. Nurses, teachers, coppers, rail drivers and firefighters just to name a few all have a beef.

Qld Labor apply band-aid solutions and hijack local and federal government initiatives and call them their own. The Gold Coast de-salinisation plant is a topical example. Meanwhile their bureaucrats grow fat on the benefits of corporate sponsorship deals and in-house entertainment expense accounts. Damaging documents and negative publicity are buried inside the secrecy of cabinet and potential opponents are destroyed using the powers of the CMC. Beattie learned from the destruction of the queensland nationals & Joh that you do not need to win on ability at the polls to beat an opposition - you win in the court room and in the press. Unfortunately for queensland he learned nothing from Joh's vision of the future and his ability to create viable infrastructure BEFORE it is needed.

Also, there should not be a labor vote from any fisherman who attended the straddie classic where the smiling assassin Henry P. extended his loving hug to all fishos and begged their help to complete catch surveys (some regarding the GNS) and then a short time later totally ignored the survey data and closed flat rock & the like to fishers.

remember his smile when you vote kids.

chris

Glind
16-08-2006, 09:00 AM
A vote for Labor = a vote for the Greens = a shut out of Moreton Bay!
Not to mention things like water, health, roads etc etc

Gazza
16-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Centrebet odds....for a $1.00 outlay
Lab............$1.12
Coalition.. ..$5.50

fish2eat
16-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Whatever you thought about old Joh, things got done, things got built, we had the worlds best free health system etc etc......sure we lost a few historic buildings on the way. Beattie has 1. not built anything at all except a revamp of Lang Park, still no Ipswich Rd upgrade, no Tugun bypass etc 2. He has ruined our once great health system, our education system, milked the money out of Energex and now we are short of water resources. But, we re-elect him because he appears so nice.

Wake up Queensland, this is the bloke who a few days ago was telling you that he hadn't made up his mind about an election while filming his TV ads and posting out letters saying he had called the poll....how can you believe one word he says????????

He is NOT Joh reincarnate

As they said in Monty Python, "he is not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy"

CHRIS_aka_GWH
16-08-2006, 08:32 PM
i had to snigger watching the news tonite ....

there Peter is in the electorate where the Patel poo hit the fan and he says ...

this election is all about water.

marlinqld
17-08-2006, 06:19 AM
kc...i am in cleveland and would love to hear from the candidate there.

How do i contact him?

Mike

marlinqld
17-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Just saw in another thread here KC.......................... will drop into the water tower and tell Shane he has my support.....

Mike

jack1
17-08-2006, 04:07 PM
FISH2EAT, I totally agree with you, all lies & deceit from Beattie. But are the opposition competent enough to do the job, maybe they deserve a chance & may improve with experience.