PDA

View Full Version : Time to stand & be counted

kc
15-08-2006, 03:27 PM
While the timing of the state election greatly disadvantages TFPQ we have to cop this on the chin and make the best fist of what we have been dealt.

We will stand just 1 candidate in the Brisbane Bayside area and this one electorate, Cleveland, must be used to push home the message that I Fish & I Vote is more than just a bumper sticker.

Not many of you will actually get a chance to vote TFPQ but you can make an enourmous difference to how many votes we do get.

Get behind this campaign. Get involved and help. Give up a little bit of fishing time now to make sure that we send a very clear message to Mr Beattie.

Shane Boese from Water Tower Bait & Tackle will be the endorsed TFPQ candidate for Cleveland.

Due to ECQ registration issues he will be listed on the actual ballot paper as INDP but every fisho and their families in Cleveland need to know this is the man who can make sure that recreational fishing gets a fair go during the Moreton Bay rezoning.

We have candidates also standing in the North but Moreton Bay is your backyard guys and it is time to fight for it.

Regards

KC

stevedemon
15-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi kc
question is the TFPQ be on all ballots papers if think this is one question we all need to know shame we did not have candidates for all parts of S/E qld partically on the Gold Coast as well as the logan city area more Elections to come but hope fully we will still have a back yard to fish from have spoken to a few fisho's in the area that have ask the same question there vote is going to i fish and i vote TFPQ
anyway good luck Shane and let the fisho's voices be heard 8-) 8-) 8-)

the more they get the more the voices will be heard just don't sit back guy's lets get behind Shane and any member standing for our rights

September 9 is polling day lets send Beattie Government and Greenies the message we wiill not be sh#t on any more ;D 8-) ::) before it is to late

just my thoughts

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

imported_admin
15-08-2006, 04:26 PM
KC

Can you give a list of all candidates and electrate as there is thousands of Members from All over Queensland and it would be handy for them to know who they can vote for and where.

See attached Memebrmap for spread of Members. Although this is of only about 2000 that have filled out their location in their profile. But it will give you an idea of the spread of Memebrs.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/membermap.jpg

shayned
15-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Guess what I saw on the way to work this morning, a funny looking pale wee man shaking a Vote one Greens placard at the passing traffic. It was sort of like spotting the first easter buns or santa in a shop window. By looking at him you would have to assume that this was the most outdoors he had ever been.

Now the next question, how can we help?

fishingjew
15-08-2006, 06:38 PM
KC

Im with steve a list would help as where to put the vote to do the most good
russell. gold coast

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
15-08-2006, 06:53 PM
KC, along with many others, I wish TFPQ every success. For the record, where will your preferences be directed.

Cheers
Dave

madmix
15-08-2006, 07:07 PM
When any government changes the rules of parliament,
to allow them to lie to the house without any fear of retribution,
then it is time for a new government.

Gazza
15-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Shane/KC ....
I am not a "member" of TFP , like my independence :-[ (unbiased ;) )
BUTT I have promised/pledged $100 to your cause on "bitchnet/fishnutz" ::) ,somewhere in the archives :P
(within 2weeks of an election being called)

Please lemme know , HOW TO DONATE..to participate

KickBUTT
Every Success
Gazza

stevedemon
15-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi kc and Shane like gazza unfortunely it not $100.00 but i will donate $20.00 to the party sorry guy's that is all i can give as we have just brought a house so moneys tight but for this cause no problems if we all donate some thing it will go a long way just let us know where to place the money or where to send it

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Gazza
15-08-2006, 07:55 PM
just send it to "Gazza" in a brown paperbag!! *oops* ,back to biz ;D

;) $5/10/20/100,000 .... you tried to "help"

hicksy
15-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Anyone thought of asking Phil Weightman the Labor candidate for Cleveland what his views on the closure of moreton bay to fishing are?

He is a local bloke and lived in the area for over twenty years.

kc
16-08-2006, 12:09 AM
This topic is going to be a "hottie" and I know I will suffer from a seriuos lack of sleep the next few weeks so please bear with me guys.

I still have a business to run as well as TFPQ.

Please hold off on any donations or pledges till I confirm the legality. Thanks for offers and money will certainly be needed but this has to be by the book.

TFPQ is definately running in

Cairns " Dr Mike Mansfield"
Barron River "Captain Peter Todd"
Cleveland "Shane Boese"

We also have our eye on 4 other seats but can not name these yet.

Cleveland will be our Moreton Bay seat. Shane will, for all intents and purposes, be the TFPQ candidate BUT will list on the actual ballot paper as INDP. This is a timing issue and beyond our control. It is not ideal by any means but everyone in political circles will know this is a fishing vote and this vote needs to be loud.

If you do not live in Cleveland you can still make an enormous impact by helping Shanes team. Booth workers, ramp handerouterers (is that a word??), put up coreflutes, talk to fishos...just get the message out. The fishing vote in Cleveland needs to be loud and clear. If, having stuck out our chin, we fail, then Mr Beattie has nothing to fear from the fishing vote when he rezones Moreton Bay.

& Hicksy, yes, I will talk to the Labor Candidate & the Liberal Candidate.

KC

kc
16-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Forgot the question of preferences. No decision has been made yet. We are considering a Vote 1 only campaign but this has not been committed to and will be decide this week.

KC

kc
16-08-2006, 12:21 AM
*&^$ I'm going to rattle up some posts in the next few weeks.

Understand the system in State election guys. No upper house in Qld means we must work seat by seat. Time and resources limit us badley this election, but it is our first at a State level and we have to pick seats in which

a) we can manage
b) We have candidates
c) We can resource

Every Ausfish Qld member will get his/her chance at the next Federal election when we run in the Senate but this election it is about helping where and when you can.

If you live close to a contested seat & have some time...lend a hand.

If you don't and want to help......kick the can with a few $$ (subject to confirming the legal process).......................I might own a fish & Chip shop but that is all I want to have in common with Pauline...oh yeh, and a full head of hair would also be nice ;)

KC

madmix
16-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Sorry KC but I prefer my fish and chips without hair anyway.
Will have to save my vote til next Federal, but will send a bob or two
after confirmation.

Or can I donate direct to shane as an independant.

cheers Mick

hicksy
16-08-2006, 08:25 PM
KC,

When a decisions is made on preferences or just a vote 1 campaign please let us know.

I think the decision you make on this will be crucial. You may get a lot more support if you just run a vote 1 campaign.

Adamy
18-08-2006, 02:57 AM
KC,

I think the decision you make on this will be crucial. You may get a lot more support if you just run a vote 1 campaign.

Why???????

FNQCairns
18-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I think it's because so many fisherman are political nongs and will vote like a sheep or just pretend to vote, Vote 1 will allow those something catchy to remember and even easily relate to other fishing mates.
Just my 02

cheers fnq

PS I have a mate who is a mad keen fisherman and he has not even heard of TFP (he has, it just didn't resound as worthy of remembering), he would remember a VOTE 1 THE FISHING PARTY campaign - it's easy and straight forward.

hicksy
18-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Adamy,

Spells out quite clearly the purpose of the TFP.

If not voters need to know where preferences go.

There has ben a lot of speculation about where labor's peeferences may go or where deals are done.

So TFP let's put it all on the table and allow voters to make a real choice.

kc
19-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Patience Hicksy, patience ;)

Nominations don't even close till Tuesday so we don't even know who we are running against yet, let alone who if anyone, will get TFPQ preferences.

We do know however that Labor will get the Green preferences...we just don't know what Labor has offered in return.

When we decide, all will be revealed.

KC

hicksy
19-08-2006, 08:18 AM
KC,
How do you know where the greens preferences are going? Is this fact or not?
HIcksy

PinHead
19-08-2006, 04:57 PM
I think it's because so many fisherman are political nongs and will vote like a sheep or just pretend to vote, Vote 1 will allow those something catchy to remember and even easily relate to other fishing mates.
Just my 02

cheers fnq

PS I have a mate who is a mad keen fisherman and he has not even heard of TFP (he has, it just didn't resound as worthy of remembering), he would remember a VOTE 1 THE FISHING PARTY campaign - it's easy and straight forward.

I am wondering if that statement is based on your personal voting techniques???
A bit harsh to label others as group like that.

kc
19-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey Hicksy...your right mate...I don't "know"...but I'll bet you a packet of Minties.

& PS your red undies are still showing ;) ;)

I'll be in Brissy for the boat show & to pick up my Minties at end of the month. ;D

KC

hicksy
19-08-2006, 10:12 PM
kc,

I'll take that bet. Don't forget the greens aren't real happy about the dams.

Yeh you got me with the undies ;D ;D ;D

Adamy
19-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey Hicksy.... if you need a loan for those minties mate - let me know. ;D

I have made my recommendations with regards to preferences - but will await the decision from KC on which way they will go - thereafter if there needs to be any further explanation or clarification as to the reasons why I have recommended what I have - then I am willing to offer (even if TFPQ doesnt accept the recommendations) - and then take the flak accordingly ;) Til then... :-X :-X

This is my 250th post.... so happy Silver to me... (next post) I was looking for something worthwhile to "spend" it on. :D

Burley_Boy
31-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Joined TFP today at the boat show and bought a cap.
Don't know how I can vote effectively in my electorate but I've let the sitting member know my thoughts & concerns.

kc
31-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Welcome aboard.

KC