PDA

View Full Version : Would like to help on saturday. Cairns region.

FNQCairns
06-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Who can I contact directly that can also issue me with some how to vote cards or whatever.

Can spruik the booths around the Cairns region for a few hours.

If it will be possible at this late date PM me with the phone number to ring.

cheers fnq

kc
06-09-2006, 11:04 PM
No need for a PM. All are welcome. Anyone in the Cairns region who would like to help can contact Wayne at Mitchells Marine in Cairns 40417150. He will appreciate the help.

Having never manned a polling booth in my life till last election it is a really neat experience.

The difference with "us" is that as everyone runs the gauntlet of the booth workers we can stand back and just ask....Are you a fisherman mate?.The response is enourmous and you end up striking up all sorts of conversations.

Are you a fisherman mate?.....have you heard about..blah blah are THE MOST IMPORTANT WORDS WHICH WILL EVER COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IN REGARDS THE FISHING FUTURE.

So ring Wayne in Cairns or Shane in Brisbane or Steve at Pleasure Marine in Townsville...this is good mateship at work and you will meet a lot of good people you hardly knew existed when you ask the question....and the booth workers for the other parties will be gobsmacked at the positive response we get.

KC

FNQCairns
07-09-2006, 02:02 PM
cheers

FNQCairns
07-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok I am doing a few hours saturday, from the short conversation it sounded as if they were a bit strapped for volunteers in this region ATM.
Don't need to be a member either, I am not.

Kinda nervous feels just like starting a new job :) Looking forward to it.

cheers fnq