PDA

View Full Version : who to vote for??????????????

lippa
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
i'm stumped!!!!!!!!! i have always voted by the way of the leader. who i thought could govern, our state, country, best is who i have always voted for. but with the imminant closures of the moreton bay marine park, i'm a little dissalusioned ::) i'm not a labor man, nor liberal or national, what i seek is a sound government. can i risk our state, QLD. to the coalittion? or do i stick with the devil i know? beattie has a lot to answer for, but the other two jokers???wtf? and the TFPQ, with all good intentions, where do they stand on health, roads, infastructure? i relise the TFPQ and its representives are there for all good intensions, and to "keep the bastards honest". but where i am (kuwongbah) i have no TFPQ candicate. so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wtf do i do???? in tye words of the great pauline hanson...............please explain!!!!

cheers
lippa

Black_Rat
08-09-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm in the same boat as you lippa, who do I vote for? With the uncertainty of reports about closures in MB for anglers who really knows what there agenda is? After all it is polotics #::)

What does one do ?

David_P
08-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Mate,

Send Beattie a message. Who you choose to vote for is your decision, but consider what you do know to be facts, eg the health crisis. Sure, the Coalition is somewhat of an unknown quantity, but could they really do any worse than Beattie and his team?

I can't vote for TFPQ either, but I will be sending Beattie a message by voting for a party other than Labor.

Regards,
Dave.

PS; VOTE 1 TFPQ WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

Hornblower
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Lippa, you do have a valid point, but what I tell people, is that they should look at the issues that effect them. When you talk about health etc, Can the system really get worse under a change of Government? Remember back to the good old Joh years, but the Fitzgerald Inquiry basically pointed out that a Government who stays in power too long will turn rotten. I firmly believe this myself. Anyhow, mate, vote how your conscience tells you to vote, that is the best voice of all.

Cheers ;) ;) ;) ;)

stevedemon
08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi guys like the guys have stated with a little more input
Under the Beattie Labour Government for 8yrs and remember he was the Health minster in the previous Labour Government

Health System lack of

Water infrastructure lack of

Roads still not fixed

Public housing in disaray

Schools and further education still lacking

No accountability or creditability

all total deniability and lair-ability

the list goes on

like it has been stated a theif can be rehabilated but a lair on the other hand unless he is willing to admit he has a problem will always be a lair is that to whom we trust think not

send beattie the message, but it still comes back to your choice guys think with both your heart and gut

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

fishingjew
08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Have a read of this

As if to hammer home to all concerned, by curious happenstance and arrangement from Canberra, that Queensland is "...the sick man of Australian politics", a significant Opening Statement was poignantly delivered by a whistleblower to the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Health and Ageing regarding health funding at Mt Olivet Hospital, a renown hospice for the dying.

What made the following statement all the more alarming and probative of the charge that Queensland is indeed "...the sick man of Australian politics"

link to the rest of it

http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/goss/healthqld.htm

stevedemon
08-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi fishingjew
it is a shame it did not come out earlier mate it is sickening to think that our Health system has sunk so low with news like this :'( :'( :'( as if it is not bad enough that the poor family members are left to wonder could some thing have been done earlier to prolong the life of a loved one had the right pratice been in place

hope tomorrow bring the right results

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

fishingjew
09-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Yes time for a change >:( i hope

ratherbefishin
09-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Lippa,
i guess by now you know the score when it comes to fishing preferences, but I'll restate them anyway. Preferred Parties if available:
1. TFPQ
2. Lib/Nat
3. Independants (Check their individual positions first though)
4. ALP
5. GRN

Somewhere in it all of have neglected to check what Family First have said on the fishing issue, probably because I don't have one of them on offer in my electorate.

So that's the fishing issue, what about other issues:
Leadership. Beattie is a proven liar and charleton - No dice. Flegg is the Lib leader and whilst he has made some campaigning gaffes he seems at least honest and I for one have no doubt on his ability to fix health, but he's not the leader of the coalition anyway Springborg is. Springborg maybe a bit bland and seem dull, but he also seems honest to a fault and determined to do the best or qld.
Health. Beattie was previously the health minister and over his past 8 years has actually decreased the number of beds and doctors in qld. Look at his TV ads he keeps emphasising how many doctor and nursing JOBS he has created. are they filled? how many others hav left in the mean time? What is the actual increase in numbers? remember he is a master spindoctor. Flegg can fix health, he is a doctor, a successful one and he knows what and why doctors wont work for Beattie.
Water. the coalition has had a water infrastucture policy and plan for 8 years and it has always included a water grid and recycled water plans. they just couldnt implement it because they weren in power. Beattie has sat on his hands for 8 years until it has become a crisis. Anoher interesting fact, No labor Govt in QLD history has built a dam (theyve fiddled with some and finished ones started by the coalition but they have NEVER built a dam. When Beattie was asked during the election debate today (oops yesterday, it's aftermidnight now) what water infrastructure his government had built, his reply was "Suncorp stadium". enough said!
Roads. Beattie's idea of building a road is to make a video to send to Canberra to try to imply that they should build it. he crows about how much they budget but then he doesnt even spend the budget and the underspends are syphonned off elsewhere. the coalition Roads & Transport spokesman (and presumeably future minister if they got in) is Michael Caltabiano, he is a civil engineer and has worked both in govt and private inductry on roads. He can do the job.
Schools. My 3 kids are in Primary School. My job has had me working in 5 different states and territories. My eldest daughter has been to 7 different primary schools (inc prep). I can honestly say that QLD education is the lowest standard of any of them. The best was actually NT (Darwin) with its federal funding. Despite teachers getting 10 weeks holidays /year, they still take 'curriculum days' and my kids still come home saying that they watched a DVD (cartoon Disney movie) in class. i want them to learn to read and write! Whilst i don't know who the coalition education spokesman is, they certainly couldnt do worse. i wont even start on asbestos rooves WHICH still aren't fixed.

In short, as much as the press has hounded Flegg and Beattie has tried to ham up division in the coalition.
1. They couldnt do worse
2. it's only a 3 year gig - give em a go
3. at least they'll stand up for your fishing rights

stevedemon
09-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi ratherbefishin
mate the Family first is a religous group and was at a candidates question time on wenesday night ask if they had a stand or policies on fishing as far as he was concern if it means families spending time together then they have no problems but as far as policies go NO

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

ratherbefishin
09-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks Stevedemon,
I guess as a generalisation I can just lump them in 3rd place with the independants then. at least they are not anti fishing like the greens, nor sold off to the anti fishing like Labor.

PinHead
09-09-2006, 04:54 AM
You have some valid points ,rather, but surely you are not concerned about asbestos roofs on school buildings? They have been there for years and no one that I know of has had any harmful effects from them...it really isn't a serious concern such as hospital beds etc.

PinHead
09-09-2006, 04:56 AM
I get a great choice...the current sitting Labor Member..current Education Minister formerly Attorney General...a first time Liberal Candidate...a first time Greens candidate and a first time Family First candidate...wow...the quality of the candidates is awe inspiring.

jim_farrell
09-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Greg, I would've thought that was fairly normal to have new candidates opposing a standing MP. 8 years of government. Not many experienced people sitting waiting for an election.

Is that what you meant?
Jim

PinHead
09-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Hi Jim,

Disregarding the 2 minor party candidates, the Libs always have a new candidate every election..no one seems to line up for a second crack at it...it is a very safe Labor seat but you never know if perhaps they got someone to have a go over a couple of elections might slowly make inroads on the encumbent Member.

To be honest, I cannot really see Beattie and his Government getting beaten...but stranger things have happened in the world of politics.

jim_farrell
09-09-2006, 08:46 AM
I doubt it also. I'd like the coalition to get a few more seats to put some pressure on in parliment and maybe offer something at the next election. Either way a majority like labour currently has is not in our interest.
Jim