PDA

View Full Version : Confused about the Election

Dirtysanchez
11-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone, well it has come and gone and the papers were spot on about the end result, but to be honest I am a bit confused about it all.

My electoral area is Nudgee, so me and the wife lob up to 'have our say' and get given the ballot paper, and it says Labor, Greens and Liberal. Thats it ! :-/

No Fishing party.. Anyone know how they did ? Is it simply a matter that in my electoral area there was no representation for the fishing party, nationals, family first or whatever ?

If thats the case then I better dust off my suit and put my hand up !! :D

S.S.
11-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Check out the "Fishing News" chatboard for news on the election.

Ahh... dust off that suit... the Federal Election is coming up next year and TFP are looking at running candidates in many of the coastal electorates. After outpolling Family First and coming in on par with the greens in the four seats they contested, things are looking on the up and up ;)

Obviously they're also going to be looking for helpers... more of those make for light work in the lead up to the election and on election day.

fish2eat
11-09-2006, 01:43 PM
If the Fishing Party gets officially registered so that "fishing party" apperas on the ballot papers, and they can attract 8 to 10% of the vote, the majors will soon apptoach to do preference deals, which bring out the wish list.....it is the only way to counter the deals done with the Greens.

jim_farrell
11-09-2006, 01:50 PM
If you get a required percentage of the vote, do you get govt. funding?

Gazza
11-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Yes ,above ,or once 4% of the primary is reached......$1.35 per vote

hence WHY the "greens" are thinking candidates in most electorates!!

p.s. they ran in every electorate in the Vic. Elections a year or 2 back.

TFP ,will/should "play their Game" ...tooooooo ;) ;D ;D ;D

Mark my words ,don't you worry about that, feed the chooks :P