PDA

View Full Version : Can the Goverment over rule the EPA

troy
09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
I Hope this thread is not removed as i consider it to be very important to all of us.
With the closures that are happening all over the state can the goverment over rule the EPA and DNR.
Who can stand in and say let this project go ahead.
Troy

mod5
09-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Not a General Fishing Chat topic, hence why it was moved to here.

General Fishing Chat
For general fishing related chat.
Please only post in here if your post is fishing related and does not suit one of the other 22 chat board categories

choppa
09-10-2006, 07:41 PM
troy the quick and decisive answer is YES,,,,

any """body/string""" of government has to place there recommendations to the parliment in 1 fashion or another,,,

whether this means on a direct mode ie; the ""house"" itself,,

or through the means that are ""set"" (hence the RED TAPE effect)

either way,,, if a motion is floored,,, and passed by parliment,,, the ruling has to be cleared prior to coming into effect

hence why you read so many reports here,,,, and see or read in media that a new law has become effective due to """underhanded""" or """hidden""" agenda,,,,,

scary isn't it

choppa

troy
09-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I am at a lost here if we cannot stop closures and it has got nothing to do with geveral chat then we are all losers.
Troy

Feral
12-10-2006, 05:36 AM
With the closures that are happening all over the state can the goverment over rule the EPA and DNR.
Who can stand in and say let this project go ahead.
Troy

The EPA and DNR are the government.
Do you mean can we pressure the Pollies enough that they can over rule their departments? Of course, but with the huge Majority they have, and it being 3 years to the next election, it will take a huge amount of pressure.

troy
12-10-2006, 05:48 AM
Feral,
I think we are going to need more than a huge amount of pressure to win our battle to keep our ramp open.
Troy

Hornblower
12-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Guys, remember that any flood starts with a single drop of water ;) ;) ;) ;)

Seriously though, yes, this govt can be persuaded to review ti's decisions and Backflip Pete isn't called that for nothing. Stir up enough public opinion and you will get the desired result. Remember to target to local members first and then go from there.

As for the question at the beginning of this post, the answer is uneqivicably "yes."

Cheers ;) ;) ;) ;)