PDA

View Full Version : move over superman,,,PETA now have comics

choppa
03-10-2006, 11:19 AM
this was posted in the ""good old US' of A"" sportfish section last week,,,on saltwater topic fish forums,,,

PETA - At It Again
From Ron Brooks,

These kooks will try anything - this time they go after your kids!

When all else fails – turn to the kids. That’s PETA’s latest tactic in its never ending battle to stop fishing. Following last month’s attacks on Moms, calling them "chicken killers," they have struck out against Dads.

They have the audacity to hand out so-called comic books to kids who indicated that their fathers were fishermen.

The cover of these comic books portrays a maniacal looking man in a suit and tie holding a fish in one hand and what appears to be a Bowie knife in the other.

Actually it is quite scary looking – certainly not for small children. The title? Here’s the best part –

“Your Daddy Kills Animals”.

The book goes on to compare catching and filleting a fish to cutting open a pet dog or cat.

What’s up with these people? I feel like sending their children a message saying that their mommies and daddies kill innocent plants.
Give me a break.

Hey – if someone wants to avoid eating meat, that’s fine with me. I won’t get in their way – heck, I won’t even criticize them. But when they start portraying the rest of us who do eat meat and fish as “killers” I think it’s time for them to be put away somewhere.

These are obviously people who had a very bad childhood or very bad parents or both, and currently suffer some deep psychological wounds.

They bring their bad upbringing out to spill on everyone else, in my opinion. Just how inconsiderate and obnoxious do they have to get before someone calls a halt to their rhetoric?

I really dislike acorn squash – I really do. But just because I don’t like it does not give me the right to bend laws and get in the face of people who do.

You know, Hitler worked this way indoctrinating his Hitler Youth. Get to the kids and you can swing anything. Parents, if you value the mind of your child, keep them away from the PETA kooks.

Hornblower
03-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Thank you for your post Choppa,

My concern in all of this is how these people get access to our children. As an alternative point of view, it would be like us approaching their kids with a comic book with a cover on it showing a lion or tiger or shark etc, ripping a young child apart with an adult person (PETA) with a smile on their face holding back another person who was going to try to rescue the child with a knife or gun - same difference isn't it ???? Wouldn't they blue like stuck pigs.

There should be some offence to target our children with literature that is not educational in basis and approved by the Education Department for distribution. This is a totally irresponsible approach and it does not attack fishing - it attacks the family unit - and these people should be prosecuted for it. It is one thing to air an opinion and to make websites etc, but it is totally reprehensible for this slime to target - and to be given access to - our children.

I think this needs to be taken further so could you please provide more details as to how this stuff was distributed and who gave these people access to the children without the approval of the parents. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Thank you >:( >:( >:( >:(

manchild
03-10-2006, 08:59 PM
I didnt claim to the top of the foodchain to eat bloody carrots, as the french says.Gotta agree,in my eyes these peta people not much better than a terrorist group.
George

Hornblower
03-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Just by the way,

I have tried for the last 20minutes to find this organisation in Australia and I cannot find any website on Google (apart from the USA organisation) and they appear to be a faceless organisation in Australia, although they are very active with many other organisations referring to them as a "radical extremist group". It goes to show that these people are gutless and do not have the courage to stand behind their convictions by coming out into the open.

Cheers >:( >:( >:( >:(

choppa
04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
AS A FOOTNOTE; the USA recently held a poll where approx 93% came back in favour of rec fishing and hunting,,,, PETA went into a turmoil,,,

the above post was about 2-3 pages long in its original format,,, apparently PETA hosted a poll of there own aimed at schools asking who's parents enjoyed this and who's parents enjoyed that,,,

on the outcome of this poll they then targetted kids who responded,,,,as above outlines

peta is definitley here in aus HB,,,, there where on numerous websites that initially had there details available... until most woke up and deleted them,,,, if you want contacts and numbers let me know,,,, i have a file an inch thick on em,,,,

choppa

DR
04-10-2006, 11:07 AM
if we weren't meant to eat animals, why do they taste so good???

choppa
04-10-2006, 11:18 AM
found the report ,,,,

Nationwide Survey Shows Most Americans Support Hunting and Fishing

The 35th annual National Hunting and Fishing Day is approaching on September 23rd.

As it nears, a new nationwide survey of Americans 18 years old and older conducted by Responsive Management of Harrisonburg, Virginia, shows that a strong majority of Americans support hunting and fishing.

Nine out of ten of those individuals surveyed approve of recreational fishing. 68.5% of those asked whether they approve or disapprove of recreational fishing strongly approve and 24.8% moderately approve. That is a 93.3% approval rate.

While officials and vendors in the fishing industry applaud the very positive results, anglers still need to still be aware of the anti-fishing efforts of many environmental groups and the support some of these groups are gaining momentum in Washington.

Take a kid fishing next Saturday!

Monday September 18, 2006 | permalink | comments (0)

DR
04-10-2006, 11:24 AM
look here & read some of their comics....
http://www.petakids.com/comics.asp
would promise a bit of backyard plastic surgery on anyone trying to give my kids this crap..

fish2eat
04-10-2006, 01:27 PM
if we weren't meant to eat animals, why do they taste so good???

the version I know goes....

"if God hadn't meant us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat??" ;D

I think Peta's agenda is at odds with the will of God!! they'll find it hard to argue against that one!

choppa
10-10-2006, 10:49 PM
i'm bumping this for 1 reason,,,

keep it relavant

Adamy
11-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi Chop... Yes it is relevant because these people are behind the greenie push to close our coastline to fishing, its got nothing to do with management and biodiversity and dugongs and turtles and whatever else they go on about. It's about their vegan agenda to convert us all to their weird religion.

Just my 2 1/2cents

Adam

Derek_Bullock
11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Just a thought people.

HAVE YOU CHECKED TO SEE IF YOUR LOCAL AND/OR SCHOOL LIBRARY HAS THESE COMICS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO ACCESS

dasher
11-10-2006, 11:13 PM
A couple of links that might be a bit more educational for your kids.

http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/21

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/

Hornblower
12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting back online - Chop - if that offer is still open for some of those contacts, I wouls sure like them and I intend to give it to em with both bloody barrels.

It just seems strange that a movement that claims to be what it is doesn't have an official Australian website - why do they have to hide like mongrel dogs and then ambush our kids with that rubbish?? >:( >:( >:(

Thanks choppa ;) ;)

choppa
13-10-2006, 12:00 PM
HB,,,, www.peta.com

this is there usa site but has links to various countries where they are active,,,,,,

there was a link attached to the top of an aussie website,,,,, not sure if it was dpi&f,,,or recfish or something else,,,, it was reported on ausfish as being a bit ""double handed""" and it was removed?????????

i'll try and track down some more ACTIVE links and post later,,,,

choppa

PADDLES
13-10-2006, 01:02 PM
why is anyone here even taking any notice of vegan crazies anyway? :o

sure as houses there will be no politicians listening to them because basically they are a miniscule group of people who don't vote and make a heap of noise that no member of the general public wants to listen to anyway (ie. they're not taken seriously).

linking vegans to the management of our fisheries is nuts.

i'd find it very difficult to beleive that the education department in any state of australia would allow extreme views from any group to be handed out to our children, officially anyway. ;)

choppa
13-10-2006, 01:31 PM
why is anyone here even taking any notice of vegan crazies anyway? :o

sure as houses there will be no politicians listening to them because basically they are a miniscule group of people who don't vote and make a heap of noise that no member of the general public wants to listen to anyway (ie. they're not taken seriously).

linking vegans to the management of our fisheries is nuts.

i'd find it very difficult to beleive that the education department in any state of australia would allow extreme views from any group to be handed out to our children, officially anyway. ;)

agree wholeheartedly paddles,,, problem lies that PETA has the backing and resources that lead into the millions,,,

they are like leeches in a way,,, they hang on to what ever has the greater benefit,,,,then suck it dry,,,

as far as the education dept goes,,,,,$$$$ and the issue of freedom of print hasn't been tested to its core (as far as i'm aware) in australia,,,,,,but the problem is covered here by PETA already,,,,,,

its called the internet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

we all may think that this is only a small loudmouthed group making a wave and will go away,,,i invite you all to do a bit of research on them,,,,theres heaps of info available,,,,you may learn a thing or two,,,

choppa,,,,

choppa
29-10-2006, 06:19 AM
just as a further insult,,,,,,anyone catch the news last night??????

PETA has complained to the ""fashion industry"" that the way AUSTRALIAN FARMERS manage their sheep and more importantly ""operate on their behinds"" ,,,without any pain killing devices,,,to stop ""fly blow"" diseases is inhumane

one leading american designer has BANNED wool from australia to be used in their garments due to this report,,,trust me MORE WILL FOLLOW,,

the piece i saw on tele was only a small proportion compared to the report that aired in the states,,

CNN apparently had its switchboard jammed for 20 minutes after showing it,,,,

i know this has nothing to do with fishing,,,but is relevant to this post,,,,don't ya think??????

Derek_Bullock
29-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Very relevant Choppa in my opinion. It shows the power these people are gaining in the world. It's enough with the drought, let alone these people taking more away from our farmers who developed mulesing as a way of protecting the sheep from fly strike.

Although there have been little bits coming through here and there they haven't really started on recreational fishers in a big way but they will.

Regards

Derek