PDA

View Full Version : TFPQ Future name ??

Sportfish_5
01-10-2006, 10:36 PM
New F&B has an interesting editorial from Peter Webster which raises a question regarding the Fishing party.
I sort of agree with Webster that the name needs a change to reach more people on a range of lifestyle issues. This is not meant as criticism of the party as great things have been done in a short time but who else has read the article and what do you think ?

Cheers

Greg

Homer_Jay
02-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Thats for sure, They might be for fishing but there are alot more voters out there that arnt fisherman. They need to appeal to a greater range of people to ever be any sucess.

Jeremy
02-10-2006, 07:30 AM
They need to appeal to a greater range of people to ever be any sucess.

Actually, they have already been a big success in terms of what has been achieved to date. I believe their poilicies will appeal to anyone who has been aggrieved by the policies set in motion by the extreme greens.

I am sure KC or Shane will come back with more.

Jeremy

stevedemon
02-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi Greg p
mate place the editorial statement on the board for all to read then people can comment on the facts the same as the Fishing Party places most of it items on the board

just my thoughts

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Sportfish_5
02-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Maybe copyright issues for Steve if I do that ?

Chimo
02-10-2006, 02:39 PM
The Community, Conservation and Fishing Party (Qld Branch) "CCFP" 8-) is a lot more appropriate as it encompases the full range of actions and activities that need to be protected and husbanded for the future.

The issues we perhaps need to consider involve the community, the land, catchments as well as resource utilization and protection.

The practises applied to the land and the catchments as a whole need to be sustainable and profitable for long term community benefit and the environment.

Those using or managing the catchments must consider their impact they make and also consider the off site implications of their actions on the fisheries (as indicators) in the rivers and the sea.

Unless the fishing party, as was, broadens its scope to include things that happen beyond the boat or the bank the potential appeal of the F Party will always be too limited to make a real difference.

If the wider catchment etc is considered and included then the scope becomes inclusive of: (feel free to reorganise and add)

the community (local or wider depending)
sustainable primary agriculture and
secondary industry
employment in all sectors
health
and fisheries and recreation like fishing

Perhaps with a wider scope a renamed party would improve the likelyhood of greater impact and success.

There would certainly be more to attract a larger range and diversity and a greater number of interested people who together may get a bit more done.

My two bobs worth to add to the discussion. ::)

Cheers

Chimo

stevedemon
02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi GregP
no worries mate

in which paper was the issue so we can look from here

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Homer_Jay
02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Jeremy,
Depends what you class as success. One nation was called a real success.... Where did they end up????????

Sportfish_5
02-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi GregP
no worries mate

in which paper was the issue so we can look from here

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Steve - it is in the latest F&B magazine with the little JBS on the cover.

kc
05-10-2006, 07:12 AM
This is important. I have been too busy with work but will post a detailed response to this post in due course.

KC

Adamy
05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Cant wait... I have been monitoring this particular thread with great interest and have such conversations with others regarding this issue.... just proceed with caution, there are pitfalls either way.

Till then I wait with baited breath

Adam

kc
10-10-2006, 02:39 PM
I have read the editorial in F & B and responded in a 1500 word detailed letter, which Peter will run in full. I think it would be unfair to F & B to post the letter here before F & B is published later in the month. Peter made a lot of points and the response needed to be long winded. So guys. Sorry for not posting here but I think it would be unfair to steal F & B's thunder given they ignited the debate.

Regards

KC

Sportfish_5
10-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Good stuff Kev. Look forward to reading it.

Cheers

Greg

Sportfish_5
03-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Good response Kev ;)

Hopefully PW can get more involved and help the cause. That space in the magazine is a great start.

Cheers

Greg

saurian
04-11-2006, 02:06 AM
K.C, I have just read the letter in f&b .
Keep up the good work.
How do i become member ???
Also i think name change would be good , just so we are not
looked upon as rednecks etc ....
Although i probably am ....