PDA

View Full Version : newbie alert

puks
23-07-2006, 12:14 PM
well dunno wether (how do you write that word :o) it is customary in this forum but in the other forums i hang out in it is
so here i go
although my expierience in fishing is below beginner level due to my upbringing in a big city hundreds of kms from the nearest beach and rivers that could kill i think that GOT got me hooked with his enthusiasm about his boat and all the stuff that goes with it and him cracking up over some posts and telling me about others and showing me the great pics that have been posted here

so i decided i join up and read an learn have a laugh and get blown away by the fishing reports and the amazing pics you guys and girls post from your trips

is this a great country or what the fish here in the bay are fantastic and the wildlife esp
this is a great site and board looking forward to your wisdom

anya

Bundy_Burp
23-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Wecome aboard anya this sit has lots of information all you have to do is ask .
Its always good to see another female on the site I hope you have a great time exploring all the posts .
And good luck next time you through a line . ;)

puks
23-07-2006, 12:31 PM
thanks for the welcome bundy bear

i didnt do too bad when we went out the other week caught my obligatory toadfish so i was happy :P i know htey dont count much but i think they are funny

looking forward to wading hayes inlet monday week if the weather is ok that sounds like so much fun cant tell you how excitet i am about it :)

anya

ps bundy did you know our boat is called de-stresser ;D ;) sorry i had to

bidkev
23-07-2006, 12:35 PM
I'll welcome you anyway, anya, despite the fact that we've already "met" ;D

kev.....now playing The Waterboys - Fishermans Blues

puks
23-07-2006, 12:36 PM
thanks kev

;D

regards anya ........... now playing the pogues summer in siam ;)

Great_White
23-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Hi and welcome to ausfish Anya, my wife and I are both members so it's always good to see another members wife join ;)

I am sure with all the knowledge that flows through this site, it will soon help you to target other fish other than toads.

All the best Peter :)

puks
23-07-2006, 02:12 PM
thanks great white
yeah have read a few post from janine and kel tells me about you and your post alot

you know i would like to catch a decent sized bream or a snapper that would be cool
but am happy catching anything even though i release them like toads and something called a trumpet fish i once caught with my dad in law

i never thought i would enjoy fishing at all because killing the fish or even putting a live worm on a hook is still hard for me but i get there
and kel said he woul teach me sp so am looking forward to it

and btw i just read the two threads about remoras
cracked me up but definetly a fish i wouldn wanna catch i iknow will sound very intolerant but they are ugly and would give me nightmares

thanks again for the welcome great white
regards anya

StevenM
23-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Welcome aboard.

Seems to be the week end for the ladies to join up

cheers

Steven

puks
23-07-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah hi-yo
lets call it girlpower ;)

thanks all for the nice welcome

longtail
23-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Welcome to ausfish Anya :D

look forward to reading your reports.

cheers
Jason.

chrisfish
23-07-2006, 08:08 PM
greetings Anya, I fish the pine every so often. Best of luck out there.

Chris

choppa
23-07-2006, 08:52 PM
one for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

puks
23-07-2006, 11:13 PM
choppa thats very sweet thank you :-*

chrisfish
i hope i will see the pin on the m&g depending on the weather
heard great things about it 8-) from the good old days when pussy was a kitten

longtail thank you for your welcome too

btw i got told that my gramma is getting wors,e so bear with me as i havent written in english for a while.
i speak better then i type
so i hope i do make sense most of the time

[smiley=happy.gif]

Scalem
24-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Welcome Anya

I know another Anya and she is Sweedish, so your spelling is just fine if we get the gist of what you are saying.

This Anya I know is going to Fraser island in a few weeks with my brother, and loves the outdoor life, I bet you are the same.

Look forward to your posts.

Scalem

puks
24-07-2006, 11:56 AM
im getting there scalem :)
think im still reeling from the "adventure" we had on moreton
getting stuck on a log and having to walk in the rain for 13 km to find somone for help
only to find a stoned out of his tree guy who wasnt fit to drive anymore
nah found some nice guys as well who gave us a hand
then returning to campsite to find the tent was wet because someone other then me [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] left the flaps open

really best valentinsday ever and my very first trip to australia ever 6 years ago [smiley=smitten.gif]

but i am excited to get out there walk the banks or with the boat out in the bay
i love living by the water and i believe this is the time to enjoy living life the way we want since we dont have kiddis we can be selfish and do what we want when we want (job obligations permitting ;) )

as for the spelling i will just have to be more patient and get brain and fingers synchronised ;D but thanks for the thumps up

Big_Ren
24-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the site Anya. It is compulsive reading at times, hilarious and witty on occasions with some thoughtful/insightful contributors. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Don't worry about your spelling....it must be a coincidence but my computer can't spell either when I have had a few too many cool treats [smiley=glasses2.gif]

Cheers
Paul ;)