PDA

View Full Version : New member Hooknose/ The Times they are a changing

hooknose
09-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Hello from new member Hooknose. This chat board thing is all new to me( got a computer a few weeks ago ) but it seems like its all the go. I am on the Gold Coast but have fished all over Queensland and mostly around Central Queensland, totally hooked since I was a little kid. The times certainly are changing. I remember about 15 years ago when I was told by a bloke from Ballina that he would outfish me and my mate( who love livebaiting) by trolling lures for flathead. Geez we laughed but guess what , he gave us a flogging (got six lizards on his first run down the creek to our 2). Off to the tackle shop to buy bennett/mcGrath, Manns stetch tens lures in red and we were getting amongst them as well and bonussing on Barra and Fingermark. It has been the same with the soft plastics . I'd been buying them for about 4 months but would never give them a go, I'd always get the old cast net out and get a few poddies, the sp's would always stay in the box, until yesterday that is. Full tide, no poddies around so out came the soft plastic. Did no good whilst at anchor but went for a drift and hey presto got a 60cm lizard followed by a 54cm and an undersized - you little pi$$cutter. Got chased home by the storm but will be using them straight off the bat next time I am in flathead country.

griz066
09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Welcome aboard mate 8-)

jasonb
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
welcome ,,these guys are a great bunch and very helpful ,and lots of fun too ,,so get ready for some fun

Pitsta
09-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Welcome Hooknose , Its a bit like F troop at times great fun !!!

Mark

mylestom
09-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Welcome aboard, something new to learn every day.

Watch those plastics they can be a bit addictive.

What is going to be the new bait/lure/plastic next.

Sure reckon we will get to hear about it pretty quick on Ausfish.

Trev

Poodroo
10-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey there Hooknose and welcome. Very interesting name you have picked for yourself on here and it has me assuming that it is one of a few things. Perhaps related to nose shape, or maybe related to the fact you have had an unfortunate accident involving a nose and a hook. Yeeeooowww that's enough to make my eyes start watering. :o I will be sure to keep my snozola out of your way should we meet. ;) Enjoy the site mate, you have just become a member of one big family. :)

Poodroo

JasonT
10-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Welcome!

Go the plastics, but don't underestimate the anorexic effect they can have on the wallet!

I'm considering a second job to pay for my addiction.. If only it wouldn't eat into fishing time!

JT
:-)

hooknose
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Cheers fella's !