PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Ipswich

Chris Ryan
07-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

New member here based out Ipswich way. I have an 18.5' half cabin Glascraft with a 115 V4 OMC which I have had for about 6 months and is my first boat so be patience if you see me out and about. Doing some restoring bits and pieces and looking at a respray around Xmas 06. I usually take the family out on the boat into either Cabbage Tree Point or Jacobs Well as it is easier and more room to get in and out with such a large trailerable boat. I have named her Lions Pride but waiting on the stickers to arrive and the respray. It is a lovely Telstra Orange colour!! #;D

Also just started reading Starling and Bushs soft placcie book as I have never used them but reading in here how popular they are, it must be a trend I need to adopt. Anyway, glad I finally found somewhere where fishos and boaties are willing to share openly and be so friendly towards each other. It is quite refreshing to be associated with such a group.

Cheers,
Puff
aka Chris

Poodroo
07-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Welcome to Ausfish Big_Puff_Daddy. That is a large boat. Bet it will look great with the new paint. Regards,

Poodroo

griz066
07-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard mate I am sure you will enjoy the hours spent on this site 8-)

Chris Ryan
07-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Poodroo and Griz. I am already amazed at the info on here. Hope I can put some pics of successes on here soon....got to break the boat's hoodoo! LOL

mylestom
07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Welcome aboard, as a born and bred Ipswich fellow welcome.

The time spent on the forum is what spare time should be about.

If you can't be fishing its great to be talking about it.

Trev

mines_bigger
09-11-2006, 04:02 PM
hi mate im in ippie to where abouts in ippie do you live

Chris Ryan
16-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I am actually at Karalee, but most people I speak to go "where's that?" so Ippy is easier.

Poodroo
16-11-2006, 05:01 PM
I am actually at Karalee, but most people I speak to go "where's that?" so Ippy is easier.

Well I know where it is. Have had a long list of RAAF uncles who at some stage of their lives were based at Amberley. All have retired now and still have one who lives at Redbank Plains who I visit often. I was officially born at Ipswich hospital but never lived there. Glad you are finding Ausfish helpful. How did you find Ausfish out of curiosity?

Poodroo

thehoodedwarriors
16-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Welcome Big_Puff_Daddy, nice to see someone local, we are based at Hattonvale between Ipswich and Laidley... my other half works at the prison down your way..

hope to see your beast out on the water..

Chris Ryan
23-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Poodroo - I was introduced by your mad mate Scalem! I met him at an IT expo and just started talking about fishing and boats and then he is logging into the site and showing me around. Tell you what, it is an addiction.

Poodroo
23-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Poodroo - I was introduced by your mad mate Scalem! I met him at an IT expo and just started talking about fishing and boats and then he is logging into the site and showing me around. Tell you what, it is an addiction.

Ahhhh, so no doubt Scalem filled in the details of who I am then I am guessing. Yes this is a very addictive site. Initially I poked my nose in every once in a while but started to get hooked (pardon the pun) on reading the stories from the other ausfishers. Now I just can't stay away from it. I think it is almost as much an addiction as fishing itself. I better get this tinnie project of mine seaworthy so I get to spend more time on the water and less time on here. ::)

Regards,

Poodroo