PDA

View Full Version : New swoffer/fwoffer

Martin.E
27-11-2006, 10:16 AM
New member here, NSW northern rivers region. Hmmm, fwoffer - is that a word? Like SaltWater (O) FlyFishER, only freshwater. Feel free to use it whenever you like :). May be a good way to distinguish freshwater fly fishing for native species from the more traditional "fly angling", which always connotes trout for me and which I don't do much these days after moving north many years ago. #

Also do a lot of light-line batifishing in estuaries for bream, whiting, etc. Most enjoyable fishing trips always involve remote locations - always seem to be more/bigger fish there! - and often multi-day hikes to get away from the crowds. It also makes it easier to avoid smart comments like "no trout out there, mate". ::)

Hope to catch up with some of you out on the water soon.

Martin.

griz066
27-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Welcome aboard Martin 8-)

Martin.E
28-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks griz066. Now if I can just figure out what all thes icons and smilies mean and when to use them ... :-/

Poodroo
28-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Welcome to Ausfish Martin. The fun is in the learning so once you figure out how to pilot your way around this forum and what all the smilies mean you can get into some serious posting. ;) Have fun and happy fishing!!!!

Poodroo

Chris Ryan
30-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey Martin,

Former Lismore boy myself now based up the road in QLD. Hope you find the site here informative and friendly.....I sure have in the short time I have been online here!

Cheers,
Puff 8-)