PDA

View Full Version : Hi from misty Lincolnshire UK

Fred_Bonney
24-12-2006, 09:55 AM
:)Just thought I'd join in,but off to bed now,it's midnight!
Have a great Christmas and tight lines for the new year.

I'll be back. 8-)

wombie
24-12-2006, 10:33 AM
welcome fred bonney all the way from the uk :)
cheers,Paul

griz066
31-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Welcome Frad say Hi to Wilma for me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fred_Bonney
01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Wilma say's hi back,but asks. is that all you have to say,'cos the other 100 odd people she's heard it from, say the same thing? >:(

Happy New year :D :D

shayned
02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Welcome bloke, give us a general idea were abouts your located for us non-poms and what sort of fish you chase. Don't forget the happy snaps. It's an amazing co-incidence that your wife's name happens to be Wilma. ;D

Fred_Bonney
02-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Well, for those that like to know where I am,if you have a look at the map of our tiny island, about half way up on the east coast is Grimsby.
Which I am sure ,most of you have heard of.That's about 20 miles from my house
I'm really into Coarse fishing,which is freshwater fishing,so fish rivers lakes and ponds.
Apart from carp which go up to 60lb ish most other fish are in the 0-8lb bracket,occasionally bigger.So,light rods reels and line,from about 2lb b(reaking) s(train ) up to 8lb bs.
Depends on conditions really.I don't fish for carp! Barbel are my quarry at the moment,they go to about 22lb,my pb is 10lb 6ozs.The average fish is under 10lb.

I have only just started into boat(sea) fishing and fish the Humber Estuary for cod bass,whiting and flatties,all about meal size at the moment ,nothing of the size you guys fish for.

I have family, in and around Perth,one my nieces, partner, fishes commercially for cray etc off the west coast.
All my nieces fish the beaches and sometimes off the boat,when they make the trip up north.
My brother, who been out there, for about 20 years lives in Exmouth and fishes the beaches there.

We had our first trip out, in January last year,doing the tourist bits around the west and south and NZ.
We'll be back, and go around the top next time, and I'll do some fishing from Exmouth and have an invatation to fish off the boat.

So,that's it for the moment,I've been loitering around the site now for a few weeks, some of the video shots have my mouth watering for a trip.....soon.
Tight lines everybody