PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Brisbane

Jellie
27-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

i'm new to the forum but also new to fishing, I have been a little unsure #about joining as i'm a female, but have been reading the posts and everyone is so friendly so I thought why not just bite the bullet and say HI
[smiley=smiley.gif].

I'm totally hooked on fishing ( no pun intended lol) and can't wait to get out there more and learn and try everything to do with fishing.

Looking forward to chatting to you all

Take care
Janelle #[smiley=smiley.gif]

Poodroo
27-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome Janelle. So nice to have you onboard with us. What part of Brisbane are you in? I'm on the southside at Mt.Warren Park near Beenleigh. Have been involved with a few M&G's with fellow Ausfishers and the people I have met are nicer in person than on here which is saying something. Look forward to getting to know you on here. Enjoy the site.

Poodroo

Jellie
27-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi Poodroo

Thank's heaps for the welcome, You're right everyone on here sounds great and i've already learnt quite a bit just from reading the posts. Looking forward to a brissy meet and greet, do you know when the next one is? oh btw i'm from Forest Lake but looking at moving to Calamvale next year.

Take care and happy fishing

Janelle

Poodroo
27-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi again Janelle. You can keep pretty up to date with the meet and greets by visiting the "Going fishing- M&G's" section found on this site. I am also not only into fishing but also the offroad side of things too so often you will see me posting in that section as well. This Saturday I will be meeting up with Lucky_Phill and a few others and enjoying a day out traversing through the Border Ranges state forest. These days out are loads of fun if you are into doing that sort of thing. Fishing is my passion though but 4wd'ing is also a lot of fun.

Regards,

Poodroo

theoldlegend
28-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Welcome Janelle. No need to be hesitant about joining this site. No body cares if you're male, female, or whether you come from Tasmania even!! ::)

It's a good site. Take care.

TOL

Jellie
28-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi Again Poodroo

4wd'ing would be great fun and it's definately something i'm going to be getting into along with camping, can't wait. Looking at getting a 4wd ( a new Suziki Vitara) i know i know it's abit of a chicks car but what can I say [smiley=laugh.gif]

have a good day

Janelle

Poodroo
28-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Janelle there's nothing wrong with the Vitara. I quite like them. The thing I have always said is that it is not the car that makes one 4wd better than the next, it is the driver. You will surely have fun with it and are welcome to join in or come along on the outings. We have a ball and we do look out for one another when we go out. Safety is a must.

Regards,

Poodroo

shayned
29-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Good to have another member of the fairer sex on board, we need more female fishos on here, it'll help settle some of the ratbags down that frequent this place.

PinHead
30-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Good to have another member of the fairer sex on board, we need more female fishos on here, it'll help settle some of the ratbags down that frequent this place.

what ratbags are your referring to Shayne??????

theoldlegend
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah Shayne,

Just who are these alleged ratbags to whom you're referring?

TOL

Scalem
02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Hmmm... ::)

I dunno who the ratbags are but I think there's definitely a majority of gladbags!!

Back to the welcoming theme of this post (isn't it too easy to digress??), I hope you get a heap of enjoyment from this site, and get to know some of the other female members who are truely inspirational, and who posess the X factor when catching fish, making a few blokes a little red faced. ;) ;)

Bring it on Jellie!! Looking forward to seeing some posts of outings!!

Scalem

mines_bigger
04-01-2007, 03:51 PM
welcome to the site Jellie