PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Toowoomba

fishel
01-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi there guys, Been enjoying reading your posts for some time and decided to become member, so I get all the lurks and perks. Appreciate the tips and humour etc. Hanging out to go fishing - been 10 months and I'm getting bad withdrawl symptoms. Live too far from the water. Looks like we are going to Tin Can Bay area end of March, so hope the fishings good. Other half says he will have the boat ready by then so looking forward to having own means of water travel to help find some good spots. Other half throws a line in and reads a book or goes to sleep, so I catch the fish. But at least he likes being on the water even if the idea of catching a fish doesn't excite him. Hard to understand people like that, hey, when the very idea gets the adrenalin going.

Looking forward to an ongoing association with AFCC and hope to meet up with some of you some time.

Eleanor

griz066
01-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Welcome Eleanor ;) I live in Cecil Plains an hour west of you and know how you feel about living too far from the water :( I am off to Boondooma dam skiing and fishing this Thursday ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D prob stay for a week, can't wait 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D :D :D

theoldlegend
05-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi Eleanor,

When you said that your other half goes to sleep while he's fishing, I was reminded of an old remedy that was passed down to me quite some years ago by an Indian swami who unfortunately passed on after he got bitten by a cobra while he was wrestling a crocodile in the Ganges River just above its headwaters in the Punjab; and its called:

Dr Shagnasty's Indian Root Pills:

They cure coughs, colds, sore............, I'm afraid I cant remember the rest of the cures, but i'm assured that any affliction that your husband might have will be suitably addressed by a generous dose of the pills mentioned above.

It's just that I'm a good helper with new members, and I thought I'd pass on this knowledge to you in the hope that you might be able to use the advice that I've passed on.

Regards,

TOL

Matthew_Stotty
12-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey, welcome to the site. :D

fishel
04-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi Eleanor,

When you said that your other half goes to sleep while he's fishing, I was reminded of an old remedy that was passed down to me quite some years ago by an Indian swami who unfortunately passed on after he got bitten by a cobra while he was wrestling a crocodile in the Ganges River just above its headwaters in the Punjab; and its called:

Dr Shagnasty's Indian Root Pills:

They cure coughs, colds, sore............, I'm afraid I cant remember the rest of the cures, but i'm assured that any affliction that your husband might have will be suitably addressed by a generous dose of the pills mentioned above.

It's just that I'm a good helper with new members, and I thought I'd pass on this knowledge to you in the hope that you might be able to use the advice that I've passed on.

Regards,

TOL

Hmmmm. Think I'll pass on that one. Maybe at some stage you will have some other form form of help that I can make use of/relate to!