PDA

View Full Version : OUCH!

ericcs
28-06-2019, 10:53 PM
no details, only that it was on the M5 about 5k's from the Sydney airport tunnel!
front tyre on the trailer could point to a reason!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2v84nc1.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/fuc37n.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2a9cwfk.jpg

stevet
29-06-2019, 07:25 AM
yep ouch

radio reports were saying boat was not tied down and it looks like than is the case

stevet

Noelm
29-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Not a good outcome, it's a bit hard to see, but it looks like the winch post is gone off the trailer?

ranmar850
29-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Looks like a broken tie down strap hanging off the rear boarding grab rail? Lots of ways it can go pearshaped. You can take all the care in the world, and some random fool will cut in front of you and do the inexplicable. One thing I have really become aware of, since getting the heavier boat--you need to treat the boat and the trailer as two separate dynamic objects when you are moving. The trailer is connected to the car. The boat must stay connected to the trailer. Deceleration/acceleration forces put immense strain on the connection between the boat and the trailer. 2 tonne sitting on a set of rollers intended to make it easy to get that two tonne off needs careful management::)
Hope it all comes out OK for him.

ericcs
29-06-2019, 11:05 AM
that front tyre looks shredded, like he's been driving for a while with 1 flat tyre.
without seeing the other side, or underneath, it still looks relatively intact, considering!

catshark
29-06-2019, 10:26 PM
is that a noble.
the trailer is facing towards the bow of the boat. jack knife anyone

gazza2006au
30-06-2019, 03:13 AM
Lots and lots of f tards on this highway its our main route from the burbs to the coastal water, i have been hit up the ass twice towing a boat by international drivers one fw put a big crack in the tilt pump and bent the ss prop the second time was inside the tunnel the bloke took off

swof63
30-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Looks tabs.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

catshark
30-06-2019, 07:23 PM
yeah agree lots of F-tards in sydney, being in the city , a lot of boat owners have to park the boat on the roadside, ive seen at least three boats hit in the ar#se and the boat sitting ugly on the trailers. crikey

hope he had 5mm bottom thick sheet, probably lot a couple mm . hopefully for him the chines took the heat.

gazza2006au
30-06-2019, 07:52 PM
Anyone notice how flat that trailer tyre is?

stevej
30-06-2019, 08:10 PM
firstly nice looking boat and that is a nice bay inshore boat unlike a 420 renegade :), also go yamaha

tyres can shred like that in a instant ,no one can deduce from looking at that photo of he was running on a flat tyre
and that hull package would comfortable run on just a sinlge axle if you lost a tyre, it would only be 1.2 - 1.5 tonne

also no matter how well strapped the trailer is their is no guarantee in a big incident it will stay attached to the trailer and nor the trailer to the tow vehicle

RayLamp
30-06-2019, 08:31 PM
The right rear wheel arch looks to have had a bad day. A product of how the boat departed its home? Or did the trailer flip? None of its wheel angles look right.

ericcs
30-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Anyone notice how flat that trailer tyre is?

yep, mentioned it twice!

gazza2006au
30-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Sorry Ericcs read it here yesterday also read it on fb

i am no expert but i reckon the front of boat has caught the wind gone left the ass of boat gone right as its rolled off the trailer hit the ground at 100kph spun around and end up where it sits

If the trailer swayed than jack knifed you'd probably see damage to the trailers drawbar and a lot more frame damage i would imagine

Your almost certain to be driving next to a truck on this motorway so its likely there will be video footage of it, was this going east or west bound anyone know?

ericcs
30-06-2019, 10:50 PM
Sorry Ericcs read it here yesterday also read it on fb

i am no expert but i reckon the front of boat has caught the wind gone left the ass of boat gone right as its rolled off the trailer hit the ground at 100kph spun around and end up where it sits

If the trailer swayed than jack knifed you'd probably see damage to the trailers drawbar and a lot more frame damage i would imagine

Your almost certain to be driving next to a truck on this motorway so its likely there will be video footage of it, was this going east or west bound anyone know?

heading towards the tunnel i believe!

catshark
01-07-2019, 08:47 PM
No yamahas were injured or maimed in this unco-ordinated demostration on how to park up on the freeway. ..ohh paddy tis i thought you said the seaway.

gazza2006au
02-07-2019, 11:46 PM
New boat so would likely be insured looks like a tiny engine on such a beast of a boat, trailer looks like an old shitter with that black paint on it and looks like 75mm steel tubing who on earth would put a boat like that on that trailer i wonder

I commented on it on facebook if u work so hard to afford a $70,000 boat who wouldnt check there straps i cringe when seeing stuff like this as some poor bugger is forking out for this error lucky no one was hurt

TheGurn
03-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Looks to me like maybe the axle carriage(s) collapsed or went sideways after getting hit by someone (or him) changing lanes too soon? Or ran over some big obstical. All that guard and wheel damage both sides and wheels (minus guard) at different heights and angles. Would have jumped around like a mad rabbit. And appears someone was hurt. Last photo shows a ambulance attended. Most likely more vehicles involved. Nasty piece of work regardless.

scottar
03-07-2019, 08:22 PM
I too wondered if he had contacted something reasonable in size given the two smashed guards on opposite sides. Could also explain the boat "jumping" off the trailer.