PDA

View Full Version : Baitcasters and plastics

alleycat
22-04-2019, 09:05 AM
Gday all, currently target flathead with plastics and vibes and my gear is 2 stradics and a sol, usually with 4kg braid, thinking of getting a baitcaster, a Shimano stile and just wondering if there will be a difference in casting distance ect, mostly use 1/4 oz heads.
Am I better of just sticking with my spinning gear or will the baitcaster be a good experience.

scottar
22-04-2019, 09:33 AM
Don't bother. Way too light for casting. Reduced distance and into any sort of breeze, you will need a black belt in macrame on a regular basis. I love my baitcasters for the right application - this isn't it.

Sore arms
22-04-2019, 02:41 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Wot he said.

SUPERDAFF
22-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Don't bother. Way too light for casting. Reduced distance and into any sort of breeze, you will need a black belt in macrame on a regular basis. I love my baitcasters for the right application - this isn't it.
A black belt in macramé ….. Excellent !!!

Dignity
22-04-2019, 04:32 PM
keep your baitcaster loaded with a nice hard body lure and troll between you're favourite locations, you'll be surprised at how many you'll pick up.

alleycat
22-04-2019, 04:37 PM
keep your baitcaster loaded with a nice hard body lure and troll between you're favourite locations, you'll be surprised at how many you'll pick up.

Thanks mate but the Passage is terrible for trolling, too much weed, just on the Shimano stile, I had a play with one and it seemed so silky, my stepson reckons he can cast 30 metres with a 1/4oz jighead and plastic..