PDA

View Full Version : Cruisecraft 595 explorer ht

Jaymacs
30-03-2019, 10:38 AM
Hi guys
im a long time viewer first time poster.
I am very keen on a new cruisecraft 595 explorer hard top and am interested to hear any feed back good or bad, as I have never been in one.
Was thinking a 200 yammi four stroke, alloy trailer.
would also like recommendations as what extras I should consider.
cheers guys

Chimo
30-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Nice boat https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/cruise-craft-595-explorer-hard-top-review-110763/

Lots of things people have added to get the price of secand hand ones up top around $130 k

Check out the ones for sale and see the extras and decide what you want / need / are allowed to buy

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/details/2019-cruise-craft-explorer-595-ht/OAG-AD-15947458/?cr=2&psq=(And.Service.Boatsales._.(C.Make.CRUISE%20CRAF T._.Model.Explorer%20595%20HT.))&pso=0&pss=Premium

stevej
30-03-2019, 02:52 PM
ive been in one a few times and owned a small version the 500 now called a 530
super stable compared to all the modern haines knock offs but bangs like a bastard going into any type of sea

to get all that deck space the shoulders of the boat are well forward

Ducksnutz
30-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Beautiful boat. Mate has one and the finish and ride is exceptional. If you have the coin to buy one do it. I personally feel like most top end boat builders in Australia they are incredibly expensive but the cruise craft has a level above others in finish and class. Just my opinion.

scottar
30-03-2019, 09:18 PM
Great boats. If I had to pick on something it's the height of the top - at 6'3" I am looking at fibreglass when I stand up unless I duck slightly. As Steve has posted - they will bang into a head sea - if you drive them too hard. You simply have to remember it's a fishing boat - not an offshore racing powerboat and slow down. I've fished in the next size up Explorer in some absolutely hideous conditions - 60kmph winds (measured) being the worst. Wasn't comfortable but at the right speeds for the conditions we weren't bashing ourselves up either.

Extra's - radar and autopilot are the two that spring to mind for me. Radar due to full height glass for night work and the autopilot takes the hard work out of long passages and is awesome for trolling.

wags on the water
31-03-2019, 02:14 PM
If I had more coin, auto pilot would definitely been a worthwhile option.

GBC
02-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Same old hull. Seaworthy and comfy at 20 MPH, stable at rest and a great rear end to fish out of. If you are going a short way to fish, great. If you are travelling 70+ kms up the Southern Gutters into a northerly swell with SE chop like we did last weekend (in a 680 haines which felt it) it will drive you batshit crazy.

gofishin
04-04-2019, 11:06 PM
The 595 hull, like the 530, are actually new designs; finer entry, a lot more freeboard in the bow, and more flare in the shoulders. The 595 bow is taller than the 625, and actually sits taller in the water too. Never been on one, but am told these changes make them a bit nicer into a head sea.

Like any mono this size, trim tabs are your best friend regardless of the badge on the side, especially when there’s a hard top!

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

GBC
05-04-2019, 04:45 AM
If by new you mean took an old mould and added a lift to the side - same thing when the 550 became the 575 and the 600 became the 625 etc etc, I concur. Same back end, same deadrise, same reverse chine where ‘change’ counts. I liked mine OK, but as the reviewer has also quickly picked up, don’t expect much in the way of ploughing up chop in them if you have to go a long way. They are very well built things, but every brand of boat is a compromise in some way. You can’t have it all.

gofishin
06-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Actually GBC I think it was the 650 became the 625 and 600 became the 575, but with raised bows and a swoop up in the gunnel line - but no real change under the chine. Pretty sure those older models included the bow sprit in the model name/length.

The 595 is different above and below the chine, or at least from midships fwd. It was early 2013 that I had a close look at them side by side however, with Justin Nicolls showing me the differences, so the memory could be waining!

From the stern they looked the same; 20 deg and big fat chines. Can’t remember if the 595 had the multi stepped chine up front they incorporated with the 685Exp, but assume it would as this did reduce the slapping that my 685 OS had vs the Exp into a head sea.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

SUPERDAFF
06-04-2019, 10:47 PM
If by new you mean took an old mould and added a lift to the side - same thing when the 550 became the 575 and the 600 became the 625 etc etc, I concur. Same back end, same deadrise, same reverse chine where ‘change’ counts. I liked mine OK, but as the reviewer has also quickly picked up, don’t expect much in the way of ploughing up chop in them if you have to go a long way. They are very well built things, but every brand of boat is a compromise in some way. You can’t have it all.
Few miscues there GBC. Firstly the assumptions about the 550 becoming the 575 and the 600 becoming the 625 are way off the mark. An entirely new hull was designed - the 685 which drew on some of the lessons learned with the very popular and great handling 650. The 625 then came along as a derivative of that entirely new 685 hull. Also, the 650 is in fact a smaller vessel than the 625 because at the time of the 650, manufacturers were counting tip to toe whereas the bowsprit was not counted on the 625's LOA.
In a related vein, the 595 was another entirely new hull design with a finer entry to improve the ride into a head-on sea. It doesn't have the same proportionate fullness in the bow of the 685-625 but it did keep some of the CruiseCraft's outstanding features in terms of a fullness in the transom - both in terms of beam and depth.

GBC
08-04-2019, 02:41 PM
The 575 is a 550. The 625 was an incorrect assumption based on the former. Was a long time ago I was in the factory.