PDA

View Full Version : Replacing stringers and transom

Steve villani
25-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Hi,
I am thinking of getting a project boat, and really curious on how hard it would be for a first time novice to do the stringers and transom in a 5.5m half cab.
They make it look easy on all the YouTube videos I have watched, and make me think I can do it.

Any advice?

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

CT
25-03-2019, 05:46 PM
It's not hard, just time consuming, dirty, hot and frustrating! And bloody itchy!!

There are plenty of tricks to make life easy. Read a lot, talk to people and make sure you have a very specific step by step plan. That means you've done enough homework that you actually understand what you're about to do.

Also remember that if you stuff it up its money down the drain at best and pretty serious consequences at the worst.

Have you got a specific project in mind?

shortthenlong
25-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Look CT is a good bloke (I've known him for 20+ years) but he is steering you all wrong. The preferred method is to scan Gumtree on a Saturday morning and find a busted lump of fiberglass that vaguely resembles a boat, bonus points for exploded motor and rusty as F trailer. Drag it home Saturday night and at first light Sunday start cutting away with the largest Ozito grinder money can buy. Once it starts losing shape you have cut enough. Let it sag for a week. Next weekend glue in some stringers and then top with resin and choppy. All done bar the maiden voyage.

Cheers Matt

Steve villani
25-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Look CT is a good bloke (I've known him for 20+ years) but he is steering you all wrong. The preferred method is to scan Gumtree on a Saturday morning and find a busted lump of fiberglass that vaguely resembles a boat, bonus points for exploded motor and rusty as F trailer. Drag it home Saturday night and at first light Sunday start cutting away with the largest Ozito grinder money can buy. Once it starts losing shape you have cut enough. Let it sag for a week. Next weekend glue in some stringers and then top with resin and choppy. All done bar the maiden voyage.

Cheers MattHaha,
Sounds like fun when you put it like that [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

CT
25-03-2019, 07:43 PM
You forgot the fact the the busted pile of rot should be a haines and should cost about $15K in rooted condition. Then while everything is cut out of it and its sagged right out of shape you smear a shitload of chopped strand mat on everything, bog shit out of it then advertise it for $50K as absolutely mint on the old school haines page!

Although, I did put some serious hours on my Ozito multi tool doing mine. Not the cool factor of a 9" grinder and a few missing digits though!

Steve villani
25-03-2019, 07:46 PM
It's not hard, just time consuming, dirty, hot and frustrating! And bloody itchy!!

There are plenty of tricks to make life easy. Read a lot, talk to people and make sure you have a very specific step by step plan. That means you've done enough homework that you actually understand what you're about to do.

Also remember that if you stuff it up its money down the drain at best and pretty serious consequences at the worst.

Have you got a specific project in mind?Yeah one I was looking at a little while ago .
Might just get some professional to look and quote it for me
I'll put a picture up when I get home

scottar
Haha,
Sounds like fun when you put it like that [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app (http://Ausfish mobile app)

It's all good fun...…...until you pile into bed that night and pull the sheet up - then lie there trying not to move ;D

Cox76y
I am around 12 months into a rebuild and almost finished. I am still surprised at how much time it took me to do this. It is a very labour intensive exercise. I did new stringers, bulkheads,floor transom and added a pod to my 5 meter half cab. Also a respray all round. Underfloor tank etc. No corners where cut in the process. Would I do it again?? Probably not with the reasons being everything CT has mentioned plus the constant back aches. End result is satisfying though and I have got what I wanted in the end which is a rock solid hull that will last me a long long time.118957118958118959
So the answer, yes you will be able to do it but be prepared for a physically demanding job and be prepared to get itchy...
JC

shortthenlong
25-03-2019, 07:49 PM
You forgot the fact the the busted pile of rot should be a haines and should cost about $15K in rooted condition. Then while everything is cut out of it and its sagged right out of shape you smear a shitload of chopped strand mat on everything, bog shit out of it then advertise it for $50K as absolutely mint on the old school haines page!

Although, I did put some serious hours on my Ozito multi tool doing mine. Not the cool factor of a 9" grinder and a few missing digits though!

Now you're talking. Have you got room in the shed for a 580slf project yet?

CT
25-03-2019, 08:05 PM
It's all good fun...…...until you pile into bed that night and pull the sheet up - then lie there trying not to move ;D

Doesn't that bit suck!

All the while repeating "that doesn't itch....that doesn't itch".

And I did mine in Qld in summer...what a clown.

CT
25-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Now you're talking. Have you got room in the shed for a 580slf project yet?

What you really want is a fully restored Cruise Craft, turn key ready to fish. I'll hook you up. I need the shed space!

Did old mate ever sell the teal blue one he sunk about $50K into? Sort of sums it all up.

shortthenlong
25-03-2019, 08:27 PM
What you really want is a fully restored Cruise Craft, turn key ready to fish. I'll hook you up. I need the shed space!

Did old mate ever sell the teal blue one he sunk about $50K into? Sort of sums it all up.

According to his post in the boat weight thread he has moved onto something else

Steve villani
25-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Thinking I might leave it to the professionals.
See what price they give me, then I'll decide what to do.
Thanks for your input,
And the laughs [emoji2]

Steve villani
26-03-2019, 02:53 AM
CT, here is the one i am looking at

Vromme
26-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Thinking I might leave it to the professionals.
See what price they give me, then I'll decide what to do.

Yep sensible. more ppl should. Ive done it once with a bloke who knew what he was doing - never again.

If you do it yourself do during cooler months - wear full overalls etc - disposables are good when grinding.

Noelm
26-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Watching a YouTube video is a lot different to actually doing it, and that applies to lots of things.

tug_tellum
26-03-2019, 04:22 PM
While it is in the planning stage,and you have removed all the stringers and bearers etc. You have to workout which way you would like to install the diagonal twist. Dont level it before putting bearers & floor back in that way it can pull hard to the left or hard to the right whichever way you prefer and you can struggle to keep it straight. I know this because I used to build boats and have seen it happen from new and also after repairs. Makes them a better challenge to drive and something to look forward to.
Hope this helps.
Mick

CT
26-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Photo's aren't working for me mate

Steve villani
27-03-2019, 05:09 AM
While it is in the planning stage,and you have removed all the stringers and bearers etc. You have to workout which way you would like to install the diagonal twist. Dont level it before putting bearers & floor back in that way it can pull hard to the left or hard to the right whichever way you prefer and you can struggle to keep it straight. I know this because I used to build boats and have seen it happen from new and also after repairs. Makes them a better challenge to drive and something to look forward to.
Hope this helps.
MickThanks Mick, going to leave it to the professionals.
Not just the lack of experience, but not keen on the itching [emoji23][emoji23]
Thanks for the input [emoji106]

Steve villani
27-03-2019, 05:11 AM
Photo's aren't working for me mate
Sorry I will do them again

Steve villani
27-03-2019, 05:15 AM
CT
See if this works for you [emoji4]118963118964118965118966118967

CT
27-03-2019, 05:40 AM
Working now. What's old mate want for it?

inveratta
27-03-2019, 07:15 AM
so enjoyed reading this.....bought an old Haines about 12 years ago and its all true..including the itch! Luckily in my case only the floor no stringers or transom....all I can say is make sure a "project" boat is actually what you want to have long term otherwise theres no point...it isnt quick cheap or easy to do a boat up properly....

Steve villani
27-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Working now. What's old mate want for it?5k

Steve villani
27-03-2019, 01:38 PM
so enjoyed reading this.....bought an old Haines about 12 years ago and its all true..including the itch! Luckily in my case only the floor no stringers or transom....all I can say is make sure a "project" boat is actually what you want to have long term otherwise theres no point...it isnt quick cheap or easy to do a boat up properly....Yep, agree, I absolutely love the boat. Not a fan of the newer style boats with the slanted slopes on the bow.
Depending on the price to get the transom and stringers done. I think would be well worth it.

Noelm
27-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Looks like the floor has been painted in an attempt to cover something, and I see a bit of flat bar on the bolts holding the motor on, I cant see a full professional rebuild being cheap, probably cost more than the boats worth, my wild guess would be 7-10 grand, but it's a guess, I really have no idea.

Steve villani
27-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Looks like the floor has been painted in an attempt to cover something, and I see a bit of flat bar on the bolts holding the motor on, I cant see a full professional rebuild being cheap, probably cost more than the boats worth, my wild guess would be 7-10 grand, but it's a guess, I really have no idea.Yep, hence why the thread is named replacing stringers and transom.
The floor it's self is rock solid. But what's underneath it, that will be the surprise.
Stringers up front of the bulkhead are wet, can see that through the inspection port.
Transom isn't as bad as a lot that I have seen, but still needs doing.
If it's to expensive to do all at once, I'm wondering if the stringers can be done first, then the transom at a later time.
And more than it's worth?
Maybe, but it will be rock solid, and what we want [emoji3]

Noelm
27-03-2019, 02:54 PM
I guess it depends on if you want the motor to fall off, or go through the floor first! it should be done together so it is all tied in.

CT
27-03-2019, 10:26 PM
I guarantee it will be overcapitalised and cost more to fix than its worth but thats not the end of the world if its a boat that you want and intend to hang on to. I'd only value it at the outboard and trailer as the hull is totally shot. All the things that Noel pointed out about the photos are 100% true. It will be every bit of 7 to 10K to fix professionally.

If you like old school looks my Cruise Craft is for sale and all the replacement glass work has been done already!

Steve villani
28-03-2019, 12:38 AM
I guarantee it will be overcapitalised and cost more to fix than its worth but thats not the end of the world if its a boat that you want and intend to hang on to. I'd only value it at the outboard and trailer as the hull is totally shot. All the things that Noel pointed out about the photos are 100% true. It will be every bit of 7 to 10K to fix professionally.

If you like old school looks my Cruise Craft is for sale and all the replacement glass work has been done already!Photos of the cruise craft?

CT
28-03-2019, 05:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/MKV0FSM.jpg

CT
28-03-2019, 05:42 AM
I've got plenty more photos and an add written up which I can send through if you're interested.

Steve villani
28-03-2019, 08:57 AM
I've got plenty more photos and an add written up which I can send through if you're interested.No thanks, nothing like what I am after

CT
28-03-2019, 09:12 AM
No worries. Enjoy the hunt. Buying boats is supposed to be fun but I reckon its a pain in the ass!

Steve villani
28-03-2019, 09:18 AM
No worries. Enjoy the hunt. Buying boats is supposed to be fun but I reckon its a pain in the ass!Fully agree.
The one I am thinking about is getting inspected tomorrow morning, so I should know the full extent of how bad it is before I make up my mind to do a restore on it or not.

Vromme
28-03-2019, 09:52 AM
HHs are one of the few brands worth rebuilding due to the $ they get once done. But buying a cheap HH project boat is not easy these days!

No worries. Enjoy the hunt. Buying boats is supposed to be fun but I reckon its a pain in the ass!

Yup. Unless buying new - then its just a pain in the wallet!

Steve villani
02-04-2019, 11:42 PM
OK so back on this again,
Can anyone tell me,

Am I wrong in thinking the stringers should be one piece for strength and rigidness?

The reason I ask is, I brought that boat, now the guy tells me the stringers under the deck area were done not long ago, so they are fine, it's just the transom and front cabin area that needs doing ????

Huh?

Now,I am getting the refit done professionally, and getting the whole thing done. But hey, if I can maybe save a few bucks and NOT compromise the strength, why not?

I don't know, but I would think having two piece stingers would reduce strength.
I may be totally wrong.

Your thoughts please.
Cheers
Steve

Vromme
03-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Yup full length is best. Some ppl dont but simple engineering tells you stronger in one piece.

I dont get why you would only half fix a boat. If stringers/floor is rotting in one place chances problems will be spread out. Generally rot happens from water penetration, it gets sucked up like a sponge and slowly rots and spreads. Who knows where else it will be. If someone only fixes part of the boat I would be spooked as to why and would be suss of how it was done.

Personally if I was interested in the boat I would allow to redo whole lot - just in case.

Steve villani
03-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Yup full length is best. Some ppl dont but simple engineering tells you stronger in one piece.

I dont get why you would only half fix a boat. If stringers/floor is rotting in one place chances problems will be spread out. Generally rot happens from water penetration, it gets sucked up like a sponge and slowly rots and spreads. Who knows where else it will be. If someone only fixes part of the boat I would be spooked as to why and would be suss of how it was done.

Personally if I was interested in the boat I would allow to redo whole lot - just in case.That's my thinking too. I am doing the whole boat done, just makes sense too me

blacklab
03-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Hi, I have seen a boat that just had one corner down the back where the floor was saggy and he just got that area done including stringers and they were obviously joined. I just cant see how you can know the condition until the floor gets pulled up, if the P/O has had the back done, the floor would have to be removed, so why when that's all up, didn't he just do the whole lot. Seems like a patch up job to me in all honesty !... I would be wanting to get in and have a look at this, if it were my boat. The stringers are normally tied into the back transom, so while a transom can be done successfully from the outside, it would be pretty prudent, in my opinion, to start from scratch and do everything, regardless of what he has told you.
You could expect around 10K for transom, stringers and floor to be done proffesionally, that's from my personal experience.
I guess it depends how much you can afford to sink into the boat, , or what the boat is being used for, as to how much you want to throw at it. You wont make that investment back, unless you bought the boat for a steal, you never do, But if it's something you intend to keep for a long while and get some decent use out of it, then think of the outlay as insurance, with regard to a safety factor. It always ends up costing you down the line if there are known issues with the boats structure, by then, you've already spent copious amounts on it with extra's and you find yourself in a hole. So I would get it all done properly, and start off with the knowledge of how good the structural integrity of the boat is....... there money pits !.

just my opinion
Col.

Steve villani
03-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Thanks col,
Yeah got the boat a little cheap, had quotes from two places for around the same amount, about 8k.
I would be keeping the boat for a long time so I think it's worth the investment.
Nearly all boats we have looked at around that age , style and price, all need some sort of work done to them. So my way of thinking is get one at a reasonable price, and get it fixed properly.
I will be all in for about 13k when all finished, and I don't consider that to bad for a good solid 5.5m boat, that should outlast me.

gazza2006au
04-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Steve i would duck in every now and again to see the stringers pulled up and remade than glassed in some shops will cut corners if u dont over see the project there are shady charictors in every business not saying the bloke doing your boat is but in general if a buck can be saved some will take that choice

if u think about it the stringers are fully sealed off from the transom and the hull bellow it because u ideally need to glue the stringers down and glue the end to the transom than u further seal it in with the fillet all round, the glass covers the majority of the plywood or timber to completely seal the lot

you don't just butt a stringer up against the transom and fillet it this is why a lot of boats have rotted transoms and the stringers are still good because they are sealed off, holes are drilled into exterior side of transoms a place for water to leak in and stringers leak from the floor down from screw and nail holes

i watched a video on youtube of a couple aussies going at it love there work but i recall them using nails or screws to hold the floor down in one project i cringed at the idea they were bloody mad for doing that

Steve villani
04-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Thanks Gazza,
I originally had two quotes, one was about 9 and the other about 8. Both of them just going of the photos I sent them.
I know it's hard to go of photos, but I asked then both for the same thing, a full skin up refit including transom.
So going of those prices I figured it's not to bad and went and paid for the boat.
Now I had a phone call last night saying he wants to see the boat and it maybe as high as 12k.
So I am taking it down to him tomorrow and leave it there so they can have a full look over it, and see what price they come back with.

Both places came highly recommended, I was a little taken back when the price changed by 4k.

The other place is still standing firm at 9k at this stage, but he is almost an hours drive, but maybe worth it.

blacklab
04-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Hi Steve, Unless the bloke was unsure about what the scope of the work was in the first instance, I'd be super cautious of this bloke.
A quote for transom/ floor and stringers with a photo, ( so I understand would be a ball park without seeing the boat) doesn't jump up in price by 50%. Why did the bloke quote 8 in the first instance. You need to make sure that if your dropping it down to him, for him to quote you there and then, I wouldn't leave it with him. get him to quote it up in front of you. why do they need it for the whole day, unless there going to rip something out to look ??
So I would be staying there, asking for a quote on replacing the transom, floor and stringers. From the boat, he should know what's involved by visually seeing it. Sometimes, there can be extra's, especially if you want Mod's done, ie, live well area etc.

This is one thing that fair rips my nighty, when blokes give you a low ball, but then say it could be another 50%, or 4k on top of that.
I rang a bloke when I was sorting mine, he said he new the boat and probably around 7ish, but he wanted me to bring it down just to check it over,,, I left there with his final quote of 13k.... These clowns no damn well they were just low balling you to get you down there.
I would take it down there, get him to look at it there and then,, tell him your also taking it to someone else for a second quote so you cant leave the boat with him. Bet ya he comes up with a pretty accurate price for you on the spot....
I could fair dinkum tell you about some of the crap I went thru when I was getting mine done, one place took my 5k deposit, said he would do it within 3 months, well, with the police I repossessed my boat 12 months later and spent another year thru fair trading getting my deposit back.
Be stringent with these guys, get a written quote, ask for photo's of the progress and get it written down what the completion date will be ( within reason)
When they ask for a deposit, give them 30% and say you will give the rest in 2 payments as the job progresses.
I'm not saying every shop was like the ones I encountered, every business needs to make a profit, but I here so many shocking stories about this industry and you need to stay in control...............

Col

Steve villani
04-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Thanks col, great advice.

FisHard
04-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Whoever was asking about old mate with the teal green 580SLF, yes I did sell it and working on a new project. Well organising the work anyway, I’m not much on DIY !
Ps
580 SLF is a ripper boat!

CT
04-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Whoever was asking about old mate with the teal green 580SLF, yes I did sell it and working on a new project. Well organising the work anyway, I’m not much on DIY !
Ps
580 SLF is a ripper boat!

Good to hear. You did a hell of a job on the old one!

CT
04-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Steve who are you getting to quote?

I'm suspect on an increasing quote. A full gut and rebuild is probably the easiest thing to quote. There are no surprises cause its all coming out and getting redone. That also means that there's nothing to work around, in or through as its all out. A clean slate means an easier rebuild.

I get when you're only looking at a floor and they warn that once the old one comes up then in might become floor and stringers. Not sure this is in the same league though.

Cheers
Craig

Steve villani
05-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Steve who are you getting to quote?

I'm suspect on an increasing quote. A full gut and rebuild is probably the easiest thing to quote. There are no surprises cause its all coming out and getting redone. That also means that there's nothing to work around, in or through as its all out. A clean slate means an easier rebuild.

I get when you're only looking at a floor and they warn that once the old one comes up then in might become floor and stringers. Not sure this is in the same league though.

Cheers
CraigPM'd you CT

gazza2006au
05-04-2019, 11:45 AM
One thing to consider is when i was looking at getting stringers done in a boat around 2008 i was asked if i were staying inside or going outside and how hard i was going to run the boat i guess this depends on the laminate thickness on the stringers so maybe something for u to tell the glasser

unless they just work on size and assume your staying inside or going outside but it is different here in Sydney we have massive swell and heaps of chop so our boats cop a pounding

stevej
05-04-2019, 11:53 AM
sydney is no different then anywhere else in the world for offshore use

sydney has it pretty easy for ocean access botany the habour broken bay

Steve villani
14-04-2019, 03:30 PM
So it turns out the stringers under the deck have been done. The moisture meter showed no moisture in them at all.
So Tim at stessl marine got the job with a price of 5800 plus 400 to remove and refit the motor.
The transom is getting fully rebuilt with the extra height to suit the motor without the use of a jack plate, all tied in properly to the new stringers at the back. Up front they are taking out the bunks, redoing the stringers there and putting the bunks back in.
And new paint as expected.

Then I asked for some extra stuff [emoji23]
Modify transom with live bait /storage wells, and clean up/repair under hull rash and chips.
All up 10k.
Seems a fair price to me, but this is my first shot at restoring one, so I really have no idea.

Noelm
14-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Are you saying they are replacing stringers at the transom, and at the bow under the bunks, but not the rest, or did I misunderstand how it's written?

Steve villani
14-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Stringers under bunks up front, bulkhead forward. and transom tied in properly to the new stingers down back
As it says, stringers under floor are already done.
Spoke to lots of fibreglass blokes, and they assure me that's fine.

Steve villani
03-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Absolutely stoked the way this has turned out.
Not finished yet but in my opinion, looking good [emoji4][emoji4]119122119123

Smile, it confuses people [emoji2]

gazza2006au
03-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Getting the transom flat is one ....... heck of a job, whoever done yours done a great job

Ah Me Ting
03-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Absolutely stoked the way this has turned out.
Not finished yet but in my opinion, looking good [emoji4][emoji4]119122119123

👍

Keep us updated with LOTS of progress shots!

Steve villani
17-05-2019, 12:14 AM
Almost ready.

Anyone know how to plum the live bait tank. Best method?
Thru hull pickup or transom mount ?
Drilling a hole in the bottom is a bit daunting.119222

scottar
17-05-2019, 05:41 AM
Through the bottom with a valve on the knside. Keep as many screws etc as possible away from your transom

gazza2006au
17-05-2019, 02:58 PM
I would go thru that beautiful trans only as a external bait pump looks old school and your boat now looks modern, when u drill the hole fill it with resin than drill a small hole to your desired size for the thru hull skin fitting, if u were to go external bait pump you'll have to run the hoses over the transom than some how thru the splash well than down to the bottom of your tanks it will look messy

stevej
17-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Over the transom is safer in the fact you don’t have plastic skin fittings to snap off if not something comes loose and hits them

If you do go through the transoms use brass fittings on a glass boat with a sea cock to shut it off

Steve villani
17-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Over the transom is safer in the fact you don’t have plastic skin fittings to snap off if not something comes loose and hits them

If you do go through the transoms use brass fittings on a glass boat with a sea cock to shut it offYeah I wouldn't use plastic below the waterline, was thinking ss water pickup and fittings

gazza2006au
17-05-2019, 05:00 PM
That's it SS last much longer than the plastic and adds more class to the rebuild, Make up a square drilling jig that u hold against the transom so your holes are 90 degrees to the transom i messed up with mine one is slightly lower on the inside than the other if i could do it again i would make a jig so that way when u drill the new hole to size u wont nip any plywood and u will get a closes to max sized hole as possible

Steve villani
17-05-2019, 07:49 PM
That's it SS last much longer than the plastic and adds more class to the rebuild, Make up a square drilling jig that u hold against the transom so your holes are 90 degrees to the transom i messed up with mine one is slightly lower on the inside than the other if i could do it again i would make a jig so that way when u drill the new hole to size u wont nip any plywood and u will get a closes to max sized hole as possibleWhat do you think about the thru hull pickups?

gazza2006au
17-05-2019, 08:13 PM
I have only used flat faced skin fittings and external transom pick up's

When i put one on my big boat it will be just a flat thru transom skin fitting i do quick runs from locations and mostly drifting so i can run with the fittings i dont need a pick up as in the type to pump while underway

When i downrigg the pick up is covered with water i will be building in either a reciculating pump or a decent 12v aerator as i like to get poddy mullet the afternoon before a fish or early on the day i can leave the aerator pumping all night to keep the bait alive than switch on the big.pump when i arrive at the ramp

Poddy mullet come from a local lake 15mins down the road, the ocean is 40mins away no poddy mullet there

Steve villani
29-06-2019, 07:57 PM
119525119526119527A few photos of the boat back on the water.

gazza2006au
30-06-2019, 02:59 AM
Really nice build Steve what did something like this set u back?

CT
30-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Looks good mate. Hope it does you proud.

Steve villani
30-06-2019, 06:03 PM
gazza,
Thanks, brought it for 5k. spent 10k on the transom, including the modified engine well, with live bait tank and storage compartment.
up front he re did the stringers in front of the bulkhead and refitted the bunks.
painted the floor front to back.
underneath he cleaned it all up, patched and painted all the gravel (sand) rash.
still got more to go, want to get the inside done , ie: the Swiss cheese dash that has had multiple holes drilled through it over its life, and the stress lines in the fiberglass.
also want to get some seat boxes instead of the pedestals for more storage options.
i will do a before and after shot of the engine well, floor and front bunks.

Steve villani
30-06-2019, 06:16 PM
https://youtu.be/4tG1KRL7gHs
https://youtu.be/W2RJC7B2lDM

catshark
30-06-2019, 07:07 PM
nice job , nice finish, what a tidy setup. congrats on the final result. looks a cool rig indeed.

gazza2006au
30-06-2019, 07:48 PM
You may be in the 15K Steve but its well worth the peace of mind knowing u have a structurally sound boat, Looks like your having fun

is that splashwell centered? it looks off center but could be an illusion due to the camera

Steve villani
30-06-2019, 08:39 PM
You may be in the 15K Steve but its well worth the peace of mind knowing u have a structurally sound boat, Looks like your having fun

is that splashwell centered? it looks off center but could be an illusion due to the camera

yeah its just the camera angle, i am pretty onto things that are not quite right with my stupid OCD :)

blacklab
30-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Very nice Steve, you will get plenty of enjoyment out of her now.
It's great seeing finished projects, it's kind of a kick in the rear for me !!

Col