PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Wanted.

Haji-Baba
29-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Wanted Trailer 4-5--5m. to suit 445c Haines in reasonable condition single axel, no brakes preferred.

Cash buyer Bribie Island.

0408156903. Jeff.

Steeler
29-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Gazza will make you one for 20% of the retail price just send him a PM.

Just yank'n your chain Gazza ;D;D

Sorry Haji but the opportunity was just too good to pass up.

ericcs
29-10-2018, 08:42 PM
this is on FB market place
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/273619743287747/?ref=feed_rhc

gazza2006au
30-10-2018, 06:20 AM
I can understand why this guy turned to this forum for a trailer, do u know how hard it is to find a used trailer on today's market in spring? its rare! especially tandem trailers they are so bloody hard to find just because there cost brand new is so high even second hand one's sell for a really good price like $2000-$2500 for trailers built in the 80's and 90's sheesh i even paid $1000 or one that is trash

this is why i am building my own just to hard to find one used and than u need to beat the other 20 people wanting the same thing on the same group

Haji-Baba
30-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the response members. In view of the prices and quality of offerings so far may decide to cut the old trailer in half and renew the rear end.

Front part, wheels and running gear still good.

Couldn't part with my home made elecrtic winch either.

So gazza2006au there is your answer, "'cost.''

Have fun lads Haji - Baba.

scottar
30-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the response members. In view of the prices and quality of offerings so far may decide to cut the old trailer in half and renew the rear end.

Front part, wheels and running gear still good.

Couldn't part with my home made elecrtic winch either.

So gazza2006au there is your answer, "'cost.''

Have fun lads Haji - Baba.

Not hard to do with a basic stick welder. You can even do the rear replacement in an open channel so it can washed internally properly. I did this with a previous trailer - total rebuild cost was well under $500 with new axle and springs etc. I found a size channel that sleeved perfectly onto the RHS from the existing frame which made the joins extremely strong - increased weld lengths as well as the mechanics of the connection. I also took the opportunity to seal off the existing frame as the galvanising was compromised due to welding.

inveratta
31-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Not hard to do with a basic stick welder. You can even do the rear replacement in an open channel so it can washed internally properly. I did this with a previous trailer - total rebuild cost was well under $500 with new axle and springs etc. I found a size channel that sleeved perfectly onto the RHS from the existing frame which made the joins extremely strong - increased weld lengths as well as the mechanics of the connection. I also took the opportunity to seal off the existing frame as the galvanising was compromised due to welding.

yes...if the rest of the trailer is ok then why not? I rebuilt a 1983 Tinka about ten years ago ....ended up cutting off the corroded RHS at the back replacing it and had both the bogey and boat deck of the trailer regalvanised...Next time it needs doing will only have to redo the wet end...I simply copied the jointing technique that Tinka had used elsewhere on the trailer deck.Only real mistake I made was using some Oriental welding rods which were very average...first an last time on that one.