PDA

View Full Version : Noble international boats 6.25M walk around.

darren11
27-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Hi I'm hoping to get your thoughts on the 6.25m Noble walk around. I have seen the older threads on this site which does not sound good. Im hoping over the years they have improved their quality control and things are are improving.
A New boat is not on the cards but have seen a 2017 6.25m for sale.

So does anyone know if these boats have improved their quality or is it still a risk to buy this brand?

Any thoughts on a similar sized boat that can be bought for up to $50K that has a good ride when the weather turns bad?

Cheers Darren

Moonlighter
27-10-2018, 12:24 PM
I know that those boats are getting publicity in some quarters.

However....

Are they available thru any established marine dealers in Australia?

Or, are they still an auction purchase that comes with no warranty or backup support at all? If so then that would put a VERY big question mark over them for me.

My local Suzuki dealer had one in the other day, fitting up a new motor for the purchaser. He was unimpressed with the quality of the workmanship, paintwork and fitout.

darren11
27-10-2018, 12:32 PM
New they are direct from Noble. Haven't seen them at auction.
Would be interesting to know the age of the boat at the Suzuki dealership.
Re warranty i'm looking at 1 year old second hand so unsure if they transfer warranty. Their website sites 3 years from memory.

Moonlighter
27-10-2018, 01:31 PM
It was a brand new boat at the Suzuki dealer.

You would want to know if the boat you are looking at came from NBI themselves or an auction, a while ago there were lots of them being sold at auctions, with no warranty. I have no idea why but that was what was happening.

3 year hull warranty is below average. Some major builders such as Surtees offer 10 year hull warranty.

Yes, I am very sceptical about Chinese built boats.

darren11
27-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Agree with you about being sceptical. Just hoping they have improved with time. Based on the boat you saw being new it doesn't sound promising.
Surtees certainly looks good but i am pretty much limited to $50K. So out of my price range.

Chimo
27-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Darren

Here are 852 boats for sale for between 40K aand 50 K.

I doubt there is one of the breed you are talking about but there are lots of Brand Name boats to be had

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/between-40000-50000/

Chimo
27-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Here is another bunch with none of the ****** boats either https://www.tradeboats.com.au/search/type-marine/price-45000-50000

darren11
27-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Thanks Chimo will have a look.

TREVELLY
27-10-2018, 06:05 PM
A mate bought a 5.8m centre cab knowing full well the history of mine and yes he had the floor up and tank out to repair a leak but this also allowed him to do a full under floor survey.
The boat was about 3 or 4yo and with a 175hp Suz about $35k so he got a good buy that required some repair.
The boat was solid - no it wasn't immaculate but many boats aren't just look about at a boat show - many brands are far from perfect.
Yes I would be very cautious of an NBI boat and yes I know the warrantee is something you will only get if you have a dealer to pursue as Noble are deaf to complaints unless you have a big stick to make them hear you

Crocodile
27-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Hello Daren,
my brother has bought one from China.
I have reservations about long term paintjob/corrosion issues with Chinese aluminium.
I also have ethical issues with losing Aussie jobs, don't tell him that !.

In the short term it is difficult to fault.
Welds are neat, paint is very good, general fitout very good.
Electrics were crap, no terminals, just wrap the wire around the screw.
Arrived in the container A OK.
Performance is outstanding, all aspects of on-the-water performance are superb.

darren11
27-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Hi Crocodile, How old is your brothers boat?
Guess there no way to tell the quality of the Alloy.

darren11
27-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Hi Trevelly, Do you recall whats involved in getting the floor up? Are they welded in place?
Are you happy with the performance of your boat since having the repairs done?

Thanks Darren

Crocodile
28-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Hello Darren,

The boat is about three months old now.
Last week he took it 80kms offshore from Fraser Is.
He clearly has every confidence in it.
It arrived in a container with the hardtop off, lying on its side in a steel cradle.
Very little transport damage, only a few minor scuff marks.
The shipping/customs agent was very helpful.
They needed to hire a crane to pick the whole lot up off the steel cradle and lower it onto the trailer.
What I am saying is that you need to be pretty handy to do it that way.

Marchy001
28-10-2018, 08:30 PM
I had one of the early “lemons” my sum of issues were paint and design omissions that they promised but didn’t deliver. (I sent them a design and they said they could do it. They started again twice on my hull as progress photos they sent had missed certain design points)

I had a big section of the floor out to install the second fuel tank they failed to fit as promised (dealer wore that cost)

I rectified the minor omissions myself.

Paint started to lift after a few months dealer tried and tried but they couldnt wear that cost and to be honest I didn’t expect them too.

I got 4 awesome years out of mine before circumstances changed and I moved it on at a huge loss. Bad press was thick on nobles at that time.

Have a seafarer now and when my time comes to move on from this boat a noble will be on my list knowing full well the potential issues. They really are a tank and can handle an absolute belting!

****DISCLAIMER***

I fully understand the multiple laws of our fine country that I have broken by mentioning seafarer and CHNoble in the same post however for what I wanted at the time and what I asked it to do I loved it and every time I see one for sale I still get silly ideas.

Seafarer hulls are however an incredible piece of craftsmanship and I do like the refinement over the platey.

TREVELLY
29-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Darren,

I have taken the floor out in my boat 3 times sufficient to remove the fuel tank so the hull could be welded.
I have had the transom fully rebuilt in mine - they missed welds and it caused fatigue in the hull rendering the transom cracked and leaking hence my thread:-
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php/184226-Noble-Boat-lt-2yo-Cracked-and-Sinking

I have total confidence in the boat now as it has been through a lot and is an incredible ride - I go to the shelf more often than not. Have been there and caught in 30 knot winds and returned slowly but safely - try and avoid this now.

My mate has been in my boat a number of times and as such bought on himself knowing what the risks were and yes he has had repairs done but now is happy with what he has.

Yes they are a fishing boat not a glamour boat as the paint will fall off in places and the bog will crack in places. They acid wash the boat and when they bog them the acid leaches out from under the rails behind the automotive bog and it falls off - car bog $5/kg versus marine bog $65/kg. I repainted my hull after 6 years and it looks fine.

But hey for an $80k boat and in 6 years new transom and new paint job - but I do really like the boat and will keep it :)

darren11
29-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Thanks Marchy001. Must say the resale value has also been a concern on my mind. How much of the boat was effected by paint lifting? Did it require a full respray or just a fix up in different locations?
Sounds like once you got the issues solved you had a good boat. Are they a good stable boat at rest as well as smooth underway?
Thanks again
Darren

darren11
29-10-2018, 07:04 AM
disregard just saw your earlier post. Thanks for the info.

darren11
29-10-2018, 07:14 AM
What sort of cost was involved in repainting the hull? Sounds like I may need to factor that into the costs.

TREVELLY
29-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Repaint - professional $8k done yourself $1k

Chimo
29-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Trev

You pic is not visible ( Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sendmessage.php))

darren11
29-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Thanks. Im guessing you did it yourself. How hard can it be. Mask it up spray it on:)

TREVELLY
29-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Fixed attachment above and added one here

Without the pattern it is a very easy process

TREVELLY
29-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Most work is fixing up the body filler and getting the side smooth

I removed paint from rail and put on Nyalic

darren11
29-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Nice work, well done.

darren11
29-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Sadly the boat I had my eye on sold today.10 minutes before I rang. Was ready to take it.
If anyone sees another 6.25 for sale let me know. Until then ill keep looking.