PDA

View Full Version : G, day all,it's been way to long.

gr hilly
07-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Long time no talk i have been crook, it's been 4 years now since wetting a line ouch yes nearly as painful as my illness, down to it i have to now get my boat back in the water, i had a fab guy off this site come out home it was 4 yrs back he gave the motor a full service , he told me all was like new now after that service i was again in hospital for a while another 7 times since, the motor has been in the dry ina huge carport i built. what is the best way to go about starting the motor it's a 60 hp Yamaha 4 stroke 170 hrs since new any advice would ease my mind cheers in advance gr.hilly.

Dignity
08-10-2018, 06:11 AM
I do not know how I would have coped for 4 years without wetting a line but at least your back on deck, welcome back.
I would have the same question as you and wouldn't be starting the motor under power at all. Definitely disconnect and remove the spark plug and hand turn the flywheel, from dim memory you probably should replace the impellor as the blades would probably be stuffed. Does it have a hose flush port, I'd be running that as wasps and ants have a habit of getting into your waterways.
There's more but I'd have to Google it or more than likely get my mechanic to give it the once over.

Tracker
08-10-2018, 06:47 AM
also dump any old fuel,def replace impeller,I would put a smidge of oil down plug hole and turn motor by hand a few times;D(do you like the tech talk??)

gr hilly
08-10-2018, 06:48 AM
Thanks for your reply,i can't remember has i have lost parts of my memory, but my daughter tells me i had a outboard mechanic from this site he was a honda mech spanyard or spanish any way i will have to get someone to sort it for me as im not able at present .cheers gr hilly.

gr hilly
08-10-2018, 06:52 AM
Just love it mate i have been like my boat put away to long.
cheers gr hilly.

Noelm
08-10-2018, 07:51 AM
Thanks for your reply,i can't remember has i have lost parts of my memory, but my daughter tells me i had a outboard mechanic from this site he was a honda mech spanyard or spanish any way i will have to get someone to sort it for me as im not able at present .cheers gr hilly.
Spaniard King is the person, reputable guy, might be advisable to get him out again, just to get things up and running, OH, and welcome back, I kind of wondered where you went.

chappie
08-10-2018, 07:53 AM
Hey mate,

I think you are referring to Spaniard King.
http://www.ssmarine.com.au

Good to hear you are on the up and up

Cheers

gr hilly
08-10-2018, 08:18 AM
Trying to retrain your self can be fun thanks forthe welcome, i was having trouble getting back on the site but admin are great,thanks my daughter say's that's the fella so ill see if i can contact him ,
cheers gr hilly.

gr hilly
08-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Your a champ,thank you heaps just seeing your name seems familiar ,
cheers gr hilly.
NOELM we will speak again.