PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra short term storage

Jsmfun
01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Hi guys heading up to Caloundra From wed to sun and want to store the boat where would the best place to do this and I need to be able to get the boat at 430am to go Fishing possibly thurs and sat
any help would be appreciated

Funchy
02-10-2018, 07:40 AM
how big's the boat mate?

Jsmfun
02-10-2018, 07:51 AM
6.25m I’m staying at the grand pacific and they have no parking so I’ve been on google earth there is a vacant lot beside custom craft marine I’m thinking of leaving it there overnight

Dirtyfuzz
02-10-2018, 08:43 AM
6.25m I’m staying at the grand pacific and they have no parking so I’ve been on google earth there is a vacant lot beside custom craft marine I’m thinking of leaving it there overnight

Caloundra can be pretty sketchy, I’d be taking some security precautions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dignity
02-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Prettyy hard around here for temporary storage. As the misdus wsnts a caravan and im not willing to part with the boat I've often thought the store behind 138 Bullock St would accept storage possibly. There is one place in Moffat Beach industrial area in Allen St where a bloke has ample room and at one stage we talked about long term storage (for a fee) but he is a commercial pilot and chances of getting hold of him are slim. It is behind locked gates, I'm heading that way today and can check for you.

Lots like your going to have awesome weather coming up.

Jsmfun
02-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Prettyy hard around here for temporary storage. As the misdus wsnts a caravan and im not willing to part with the boat I've often thought the store behind 138 Bullock St would accept storage possibly. There is one place in Moffat Beach industrial area in Allen St where a bloke has ample room and at one stage we talked about long term storage (for a fee) but he is a commercial pilot and chances of getting hold of him are slim. It is behind locked gates, I'm heading that way today and can check for you.

Lots like your going to have awesome weather coming up.

thanks dignity for that offer not many people would go out of there way to do something like that
but it should be ok I was thinking of asking the caravan park for a unpowered site as it’s atleast away from the drunks on fri,sat nights

gazza2006au
02-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Don't just leave it parked anywhere man there are thief's and vandals every where u may come back and its graffiti all over it or worse not even there!!!! there are a ton of bad drivers they'll crash into it jump in your price and joy and just trash it

Dignity
02-10-2018, 01:26 PM
thanks dignity for that offer not many people would go out of there way to do something like that
but it should be ok I was thinking of asking the caravan park for a unpowered site as it’s atleast away from the drunks on fri,sat nights
That's probably not bad idea although still being school hols they might need have a spot left at the one just down the road. The one at Military Jetty might have something.

I dropped I to see if my mate was there but his neighbour said he was in Hong Kong and stopping at Singapore on his way home so won't be back for at least another week. I'm away this weekend otherwise you could put it up the side of my place, my wife isn't too keen on the idea but if you get stuck send me a PM.

Jsmfun
02-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Thanks dignity you are a true gentleman for the offer..
i contacted the Caloundra waterfront caravan park and got a unpowered site with a tap for washing and flushing the engine for 4 nights for $234 in a secure area.. bit of coin but at least I know it will be there. Every morning ..once again dignity thanks ever so much for the offer

Dirtyfuzz
02-10-2018, 03:45 PM
i contacted the Caloundra waterfront caravan park and got a unpowered site with a tap for washing and flushing the engine for 4 nights for $234 in a secure area.. bit of coin but at least I know it will be there. Every morning ..once again dignity thanks ever so much for the offer

Piece of mind is priceless imo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dignity
02-10-2018, 05:39 PM

Your welcome mate, drop me a PM and we might have a beer Thursday night, Drifts not far from you are good for a happy hour.

Jsmfun
03-10-2018, 06:02 AM
No worries at all mate 👍