PDA

View Full Version : Shimano TLD25 handle

gford001
20-09-2018, 07:37 PM
I got a TLD25 off a mate that didn't use it to take on the work boat when I go away. Thing is it's got a smaller handle then standard. He says it's an upgraded one, but its shit. We catch some pretty big stuff and its such a pain in the ass to reel in.
Anyone know where to get a bigger handle? One of the T-bar style?
Found a bunch online, some on Ebay for $90+, some in the US for about $70.....
Anywhere reasonably local and reasonably priced?

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

ozynorts
21-09-2018, 06:55 AM
I changed mine out for a Tyrnos handle. Much better. Just got lucky and my local tackle shop had a second hand one in stock.

scottar
21-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Try Bluebottle

xpaladoshous
21-09-2018, 01:48 PM
John pope rod builder in Scarborough did up 2x off for me. Bigger handles and upgraded drag.

gford001
21-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Cheers.
You have a number for john pope?
I checked out bluebottle. They've got good handles, decent price too. Might be the go otherwise....
Wouldn't mind a longer handle too though.

scottar
21-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Cheers.
You have a number for john pope?
I checked out bluebottle. They've got good handles, decent price too. Might be the go otherwise....
Wouldn't mind a longer handle too though.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app (http://Ausfish mobile app)

I've used T bars from Bluebottle and made the rest from stainless myself. The one on my Tyrnos is near on 150mm long. The Tyrnos handle then went on the TLD. Takes a bit of time with a small file set but worth it in the end. Just need to remember to watch the drag settings at the risk of stripping gears with the extra leverage.

xpaladoshous
22-09-2018, 02:31 PM
John Pope, 3203 4877

Dean1
22-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Ebay have a look theres some good ones on there. I just bought an aluminum billet knob for my stradic nice bit of gear it replaces the rubber deteriorating one, haven't fitted it yet!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Moonlighter
22-09-2018, 05:30 PM
I have a couple of longer TLD handles in my shed, one is quite long CNC cut stainless with alvey style knob. They are surplus to requirements, PM me if interested and I will take photo send to you then maybe we can do a deal.

gford001
23-09-2018, 03:04 PM
I have a couple of longer TLD handles in my shed, one is quite long CNC cut stainless with alvey style knob. They are surplus to requirements, PM me if interested and I will take photo send to you then maybe we can do a deal.Knew I should've checked this again before I ordered one in from the states......
Bit the bullet and ordered a T-grip and longer handle just now.....