PDA

View Full Version : Targa top and bow rail. What are they worth?

Ducksnutz
08-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Hello all,

I have decided to remove the targa shown in photos for storage purposes and to have the boat more suitable for my fishing.
Also removing the bow rails to make beach entry easier and wanting a big leecy installed.

I have know idea what these are worth to purchase and I’m not a fan of wasting manafacturers time when I’m not purchasing a product of theirs.

Can you guys give me an indication on what price I could place on these and is gumtree the go in regards to advertising?

Noelm
08-05-2018, 10:29 AM
I guess the biggest problem is finding someone who wants them, and then hoping they fit the boat they have without too much modification.

Chimo
08-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Why not just park them in the shed until you sell the boat.

Not having them on the boat at sale time will depress the sale price; or it would if I was the buyer.

Cheers
Chimo

Ducksnutz
08-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the reply’s men.
Chimo, I don’t have the room for the Targa to store and I’m pretty sure this will be my last boat as I’ve had a few and this does everything I need or could want. I want to set it up for myself to keep until I can no longer go Fishing.

catshark
08-05-2018, 10:04 PM
put em on gumtree for sure, quite popular site to advertise. your targo looks in quite good nick, well made and someone will snap it up for sure, bow rail might take a little longer, im thinking $150 for the bow rail and $800-950 for the Targo top. nice boat by the way.

Almako
09-05-2018, 06:56 AM
I'd be interested in them. If you are in Brisbane? I'm slowly building a centre console.
This is what I was planning on buying when I'm at that stage

http://www.dolphinttops.com.au/boat-t-top
T-Top $1399, these guys don't do rails but it gives you an idea on price.

inveratta
09-05-2018, 08:52 AM
When I bought my boat I took the t top off because it wouldnt fit into the shed....Later when circumstances changed and I could store the boat elsewhere...I put it back on ...and now 10 years later its still on.I started off thinking it was a PITA ...but now I realise how much shelter they give you ..If storage is the main reason why you cant keep the top up....is there a way you could hinge the top so that it can be easily folded down for travel and storage....is that an option?

Ducksnutz
09-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Thanks all for your replies.

Almako,
the boat currently is in Beachmere but I spend a bit of time with it up Agnes as I have a house there to. I’ll pm you when I remove it so you can look at it and see if it’s what you’re after.

Invereatta,
in regards to shelter I’ll be putting a custom stainless Bimini that’s on a rail system so I can shelter parts of the boat as I need.
I had this on my Haines hunter prowler and was great. If I was casting lures off the front I could shade the middle to back and vice versa for different fishing off the back.

I’ve never been a fan of T tops as I never leave rods up there whilst underway and feel it inhibits casting which as I get older I’m doing more of. Understand some like them and if I was looking to move this boat on I’d probably keep it on because there is probably more that like it than not. This is my last tub (so says the misses ::)) so I want it to suit my fishing and storage needs.

Photos might give a better idea on what I’m doing. Both same model boats.
The first image is what I’m looking at doing. (Apologies if this is someone’s boat on here and hope it’s ok to use as an example)

gazza2006au
09-05-2018, 01:18 PM
DucksNuts i have done a lot of fishing thru the warmer months even on those peak Sydney days in the middle of the day in summer and i must say any shelter is better than none at all, i have came home several times with blisters on my fore head from not having any shaded protection you end up driving home so drained and daised, you skin feels like u have been vacuum bagged and your ready for bed the second u hit the drive way even at 1pm

by keeping your shade it may restrict your casting but learn to position your boat better weather u fish from the front or back, when u have shade on a boat u will want to wash the boat, pack your fishing gear away cook dinner etc... before calling it a night

the difference between having shade and having no shade is huge, no shade it is so draining