03-05-2018, 03:00 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianRiverInlet/permalink/10155724387943335/

Noelm
03-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Looks like such a rough day too!

TheRealPoMo
03-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Wow!
I used to complain that my Yankee bowrider was bum heavy. ..probably a good thing after seeing that. Never had that much weight up front though.
Not that anyone's fat...just sayin. ..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

scottar
03-05-2018, 07:28 PM
:LMAO: Seen it a few times and it's still funny. For a sec just from the title I thought you were going to tell us the Vag had a run in with a chainsaw;)

Chimo
04-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Hi Scott

Funny you should mention chainsaws!
Part of the Vag floor is probably going to see a rotary saw in the next little while though; nearly a chain saw but not quite.
Similar pain in the a#$e though.

I'm debating doing lift outs on port and stbd given that the center over the fuel and water tank is built that way. If done as lift outs, glass encased ply, screw secured, would be fine I think. Was also thinking of coosa or thermo lite but not sure I need it?

inveratta
04-05-2018, 11:28 AM
I would have thought that boat should have breasted a wave more easily than that.... ahem

seems it doesnt work the other way around

scottar
04-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Hi Scott

Funny you should mention chainsaws!
Part of the Vag floor is probably going to see a rotary saw in the next little while though; nearly a chain saw but not quite.
Similar pain in the a#$e though.

I'm debating doing lift outs on port and stbd given that the center over the fuel and water tank is built that way. If done as lift outs, glass encased ply, screw secured, would be fine I think. Was also thinking of coosa or thermo lite but not sure I need it?

Only issue is you are messing with your buoyancy chambers assuming yours is the same as a Victory. Could possibly look at foam filling and lining the recess to keep it waterproof??

catshark
04-05-2018, 09:39 PM
big cannons down the front. dive dive dive , kids finish your chips then grab a bucket. no need to shower tonight also.

Chimo
05-05-2018, 06:52 AM
True
The current version has foam on either side (not sure how much ) and only one central bung instead of the original four

ranmar850
05-05-2018, 09:23 AM
looks like he was running downwind trimmed in too much, and with too much , ahem, ballast at the bow. And laughing at said ballasts' vertical momentum just before it happened. ::) he was basically swamped, easy to roll it in those circumstances. Hope he had a good bilge pump.