PDA

View Full Version : Dometic Iceboxes

Volvo
17-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Spotted the 110 ltr at Anaconda today for $279 on special , these boxes any good ??, any out there owning one of these with feedback in the Good , Bad or Average ?? would appreciate feedback please..
Cheers

fishizzle
17-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Dometic are the parent company of waeco and seem to be rebranding waeco as dometic. These eskies are the same as the old waeco cool ice eskies of which I own a 60l and i’ve been very happy with it. It’s strong, durable and keeps ice well.
Cheers

SWANY22
19-04-2018, 04:53 AM
Yes own 2 hold ice better than my evea cool fibreglass esky
And tough as well

chris_s
19-04-2018, 06:08 AM
Mate check out Freddy's at Brendale first, they're pretty good on the price of those esky's. I have an 85 litre and it works unreal.

NAGG
19-04-2018, 08:45 AM
I've got 3 of the original COOL ICE ( a couple of the small 15lt & a 55lt) IMO , At best they are Ok. My issue is that the thickness of the LLDPE skin on the larger models are very thin and can be split - specially if the insulation and outer skin has a gap .
Compare a Dometic vs a EvaKool , Icytek , Chilly Chest and you will see what I mean ( nothing changed when they became Dometic)

Yes they do keep ice well because of the sealing design but I would be considering them a esky you can knock around

Chris