PDA

View Full Version : Terez 40 100 heavy 6'6"

SandStorm
14-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Was looking at this rod today in overhead version. What would this rod be used for say combined with a Talica 10

Jigging, bottom bashing? Thanks for info

Jason Green
15-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Hi Sandstorm I have 2 of them and have Tyrnos 16’s on them I really only use them for trolling but I reckon they would be alright for anything as they do load up well and you can put some hurt into a fish

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

SandStorm
15-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Thanks mate, deep reef work I'm most doing

Dignity
15-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Don't high stick them, local tackle stores have bucket loads returned especially in the lighter range as they will snap, nobody can figure out why.

SandStorm
16-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Interesting thanks

Jason Green
16-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Don't high stick them, local tackle stores have bucket loads returned especially in the lighter range as they will snap, nobody can figure out why.

Hi Sam they can be a pain to look after traveling as you do have to be careful you don’t damage them as they are a graphite rod so you have to baby them a fair bit
Also they are designed to work evenly through out the rods entire length so if you put them in a position where all the pressure is going through the top half of the rod with a too much drag something is going to break if a big fish takes a run
I also have two spin setups with Saragossa’s I use for bottom bashing and jigging

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

Billy C
16-03-2018, 08:16 PM
I’ve heard a few deckies on barrier reef charters say how many Terez rods they have seen snap. And I have seen a couple myself. Just saying.

Jason Green
16-03-2018, 08:50 PM
I’ve heard a few deckies on barrier reef charters say how many Terez rods they have seen snap. And I have seen a couple myself. Just saying.

Not saying they won’t snap you just have to be careful with them and I wouldn’t use them on a charter boat either that’s asking for trouble in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

Dignity
16-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Jason, we definitely need to get together for a beer sometime, how's Burrum Heads treating you.

Jason Green
16-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Jason, we definitely need to get together for a beer sometime, how's Burrum Heads treating you.

Would be great when I do get to go back home from work the weather was nice for a change bloody wind has been annoying guessing it would be just as bad down there lately also but anyway hopefully Easter might be ok itching to head back up to Fitzroy though fingers crossed

SandStorm
20-03-2018, 04:26 PM
I'm in Toogoom just down the road

Jason Green
20-03-2018, 04:38 PM
I see that Terez’s are on special now for $199 cheap buying that might have to buy a couple of spares

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums