PDA

View Full Version : Barcrusher opions

NAGG
05-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Hi All

I'm in the early phase of planning my next boat - I've got a fairly good idea on the configuration & size based on the knowledge that I gained from my current boat (Seajay 5m Barramasta SC) & my fishing progression .

I want to go away from a side console to a rear centre console - plate aluminium 6-6.7m ( very much a NT style boat) - The fishing will be a mix of offshore , rivers , the odd trip up to a Qld barra lake ...... with the focus on inshore / offshore (snapper , kings , Mackerel etc) .

One boat on the radar is the Barcrusher XS range - the 6.7m looks ideal (I didn't mind the configuration)

As these hulls are the same through the range I'm just after opinions from owners ..... ex owners & those who have spent a bit of time fishing out of them . The good , bad & ugly

I'm happy to listen to alternatives in plate alloy -..... as I will be researching alternatives over the coming weeks

Appreciate your help

Chris

Short Fuse
06-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Hi Chris. For an alternative, take a look at Aluminium Longboats Australia based at Tingalpa here in Brisbane. I am currently looking at one of these as the replacement of my Stessl Angler. They do a centre console longboat in either 6.8 metres or 7.1 metres length and are a really well made product. Grant (Moonlighter) and I did a visit to the factory late last year to take a look over the 6.8m he was building at the time.

The 7.1 runs with either a 115 or 130hp four stroke, 5mm bottom, transom and pod, 4mm sides and 3mm sealed deck. Has a 180 litre aluminium underfloor fuel tank and all sealed compartments underfloor have survey foam in them. It weighs around 900kg fully loaded. The 6.8m has a 140 litre poly underfloor fuel tank.

The only reason I have not ordered mine yet is that my local council is making life difficult trying to get approvals to do some modifications to existing structures to be able to get the boat into the back yard.

If you want to have a look at the 7.1 metre boat in action, take a look on Youtube at Yippykiyay m.f. Adventures. Jason is based in Mount Isa and does long range trips in the gulf from Karumba. Last year he did a Weipa to the tip trip in his boat. If you are looking at a rear centre console type boat, then this one is well worth taking a look at. Also, I think you will find it very well priced against many of the better known brands. I will also state that I have no affiliation with the builder, I'm just a potential customer.

Cheers

Jeff

Noelm
06-03-2018, 10:53 AM
I fish pretty regularly out of a Barcrusher, and it is OK, I think the popularity (and price) has a lot to do with TV fishing shows, but my mates is decent enough, probably not my cup of tea though.

ranmar850
06-03-2018, 12:44 PM
I only did 4 days in one, offshore. It was only the 615, and there has to be a lot better around. 670 may be better. I'm with Noelm on this, over rated.

terryc
06-03-2018, 03:42 PM
I am really interested in this discussion, as i have been contemplating selling my Whittley & getting into a plate aluminium for the last couple of years motivated by the fact that my nearest boat ramp (oxenford) has rocky areas each side of the ramp. I have been impressed by the appearance of the Bar crushers & Surtees, i know however appearance is not a good indicator of how good any hull is. i will follow this thread with interest.

NAGG
06-03-2018, 04:21 PM
BTW - It should read Barcrusher opinions - for some reason I couldn't change the spelling of the title

Sorry about that

Chris

Jason Green
06-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Hi All

I'm in the early phase of planning my next boat - I've got a fairly good idea on the configuration & size based on the knowledge that I gained from my current boat (Seajay 5m Barramasta SC) & my fishing progression .

I want to go away from a side console to a rear centre console - plate aluminium 6-6.7m ( very much a NT style boat) - The fishing will be a mix of offshore , rivers , the odd trip up to a Qld barra lake ...... with the focus on inshore / offshore (snapper , kings , Mackerel etc) .

One boat on the radar is the Barcrusher XS range - the 6.7m looks ideal (I didn't mind the configuration)

As these hulls are the same through the range I'm just after opinions from owners ..... ex owners & those who have spent a bit of time fishing out of them . The good , bad & ugly

I'm happy to listen to alternatives in plate alloy -..... as I will be researching alternatives over the coming weeks

Appreciate your help

Chris

Hi Chris the hulls are actually different on the 670 and above to the hulls on the 615 and below models I am pretty sure
I have a bar flap on mine which is a 575c which does make it a lot more comfortable when you do get into short swell conditions with the added extra weight you can lock in the ballast tank but does use more fuel but probably no different than a glass boat of the same size
I do get the odd bang every now and again going side on to the swell which I guess you have to expect with a air buoyancy flotation system made of ally just makes it into a drum I guess
I have nearly 200 engine hours up on it in the 10 months I have had it and it handles well have always felt safe in it , it’s light to tow, easy to load/unload ( as I am by myself the majority of the time) easy to clean as it pretty well is only designed for fishing main issue I have with it which doesn’t affect you is visibility is not the greatest with the roof pulled down pretty narrow viewing area and the clears can be a pain in the backside especially when you are chasing birds
With the XS it might get a bit wet I know I have given my kids a few good saltwater baths in it when they have been sitting down the back drinking beer but I was trying my best to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

NAGG
06-03-2018, 05:38 PM
I have to say ... as a cabin boat - bar crushers are not my cup of tea either & if I was buying a traditional centre console - I'd probably look at an AMM first & a Formosa second .
Not everyone does a rear centre console & that is the configuration that I need to go with ........ Bar crusher do though . clearly they must be doing something right - I know the build quality is right up there along with their innovation . I wouldn't have even considered them till I saw the baby of the XS range last weekend.

Chris

Jason Green
06-03-2018, 06:00 PM
I have to say ... as a cabin boat - bar crushers are not my cup of tea either & if I was buying a traditional centre console - I'd probably look at an AMM first & a Formosa second .
Not everyone does a rear centre console & that is the configuration that I need to go with ........ Bar crusher do though . clearly they must be doing something right - I know the build quality is right up there along with their innovation . I wouldn't have even considered them till I saw the baby of the XS range last weekend.

Chris

AMM 7000 Offshore centre console now that is a beast

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

spud477
06-03-2018, 06:28 PM
Wet wet wet I was in a side console and it wasn’t really that choppy and it was like someone throwing buckets of water at you my stacer outlaw is drier

ranmar850
06-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Yes, I was thinking they would be very wet in a CC. Again, my experience is only in a 615C. it was fine(well, OK) travelling directly across a sea, or with it behind you, but the moment you started to angle even a bit into it--big gobs of water. and you had to pull the hardtop dwon and look out throygh that tiny slit of a windscreen. The ride directly into a bit of a slop was actually not bad for a platey, as long as you weren't too ambitious with the throttle. The stability aspect was quite good--three days were spent out in the bluewater trolling for bills, and the other day in Exmouth Gulf. But the real let down was the ride quartering into it, just bloody appalling. I'm only talking a very small, short chop, but it seemed that that big slab of a vee which continues all the way down to the stern from the bow just gets hit square on. They make a lot of that Vee in the advertising, but I reckon it really works against the boat in that situation. the wetness aspect comes, I feel from that silly bit of flat bar they have welded along the forward chine as a spray deflector. With no flare, and no actual flat hull chine up the front, the water just comes straight up and over. I imagine it would be wetter than average, and this is from someone who owned a sucession of centre consoles, and is used to getting the odd bit of spray, comes with the territory.

Jsmfun
06-03-2018, 08:11 PM
I am really interested in this discussion, as i have been contemplating selling my Whittley & getting into a plate aluminium for the last couple of years motivated by the fact that my nearest boat ramp (oxenford) has rocky areas each side of the ramp. I have been impressed by the appearance of the Bar crushers & Surtees, i know however appearance is not a good indicator of how good any hull is. i will follow this thread with interest.
As will I as I’m planning the same

perko
06-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Mate, give glass a go. Hooker, galeforce, bonito or a yank import.

RayLamp
06-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Or possibly Polycraft...

Heliduck
06-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Do a search of boats for sale & buy the brand that has the least. Lot's of barcrushers for sale, not many AMM's. Must be an indication of what owners think.

catshark
06-03-2018, 11:48 PM
ive always wondered, how a smooth bottom plate hull gets traction in sloppy conditions, no planing strakes to get grip, lift and break surface tension of the water, i do like the idea of rear centre console.

Noelm
07-03-2018, 04:30 AM
Why do you want a rear console? seems a kind of odd configuration to me, 90% of your fishing is done from the back, and a rear console cuts this space down to practically nothing, not knocking your plan in any way shape or form, just curious about the intended use, nothing more!

Noelm
07-03-2018, 04:34 AM
Do a search of boats for sale & buy the brand that has the least. Lot's of barcrushers for sale, not many AMM's. Must be an indication of what owners think.
More likely to do with the amount made than owners offloading, kind of like saying you see more Commodores for sale than Ferrari's! Now if there was a number that sell and get another brand, that might be something (maybe)

NAGG
07-03-2018, 05:15 AM
Wet wet wet I was in a side console and it wasn’t really that choppy and it was like someone throwing buckets of water at you my stacer outlaw is drier

Dont worry Spud ..... I own a side console & got extremely wet on Sunday when a big southerly hit Sydney .

Having owned a Quintrex CC previously - I know what I am in for ........ I just need to pick the best hull design .

Chris

NAGG
07-03-2018, 05:28 AM
Mate, give glass a go. Hooker, galeforce, bonito or a yank import.

Perko - Glass will never be on my radar ..... sorry
A big part of my boating is done on my own ....... often I dont have the civility of a nice marina / pontoon launch or someone to hold the boat when some dick goes past flat strap and your boat gets pounded on the shore etc . Additionally I do a lot of camping trips where the boat is run up on the shore ..... often around rocks . Finally this boat will end up on long range road trips - probably Weipa/ NT (from Sydney) .
My fishing preferences & ambitions are not the domain of a pretty glass boat .

Chris

NAGG
07-03-2018, 05:35 AM

AMM are a true custom boat builder with a limited range ...... just exactly how many do they build a year ? - you could say the same about Cairns Custom Craft . The other thing is that a builder like Bar crusher are sold as a complete package .... & a lot of boaters want that turn key option (I dont) Dont worry demand is high for Barcrushers.
AMM are actually at the top of my list & I will be going out to Brendale when I'm in Brisbane next month (actually I just want their offroad trailer :P) - I'll also go and see Formosa .

Chris

NAGG
07-03-2018, 05:48 AM
Why do you want a rear console? seems a kind of odd configuration to me, 90% of your fishing is done from the back, and a rear console cuts this space down to practically nothing, not knocking your plan in any way shape or form, just curious about the intended use, nothing more!

Hi Noel ..... That's a good question

Fishing wise ..... It depends how far back the console is . In a smaller version it would be tight down the transom but on the larger models you would have over a meter behind the drivers seat which is plenty of room to fish the corners .
It also allows me a larger cast deck with more usable storage . This boat will still be used for lure casting
Rear consoles ride a bit softer than a CC ...... from my experience of a couple . The trade off is visibility at lower speeds & possibly a bit wetter .

Chris

NAGG
07-03-2018, 05:55 AM
More likely to do with the amount made than owners offloading, kind of like saying you see more Commodores for sale than Ferrari's! Now if there was a number that sell and get another brand, that might be something (maybe)

A mate of mine who is into the game fishing scene knows of blokes who have owned multiples of Barcrushers ..... one is about to buy his 4th ( pilot house style). These are hardcore marlin / tuna fishoes.
It does boil down to how many are made / sold ........ no point comparing a company that might build 2 or 3 boats a week Vs one that builds 20 or 30

Chris

BigE
07-03-2018, 07:43 AM
Hi Nagg
I a Glass man myself but regularly fish with a mate who has a 670c , as far as ali boats go i do rate it , but they are expensive for what you get.

rides well and is excellent to fish from, they can throw some spray at times but i have found they need to be trimmed differently to my glass rig so there is a learning curve with them to get the best ride , i just cant stand the noise the ballast chamber makes at rest. hull is sharp and has no strakes so engine torque and prop lift is critical to the hulls performance in my opinion. need to run them with speed and very level so tabs are mandatory and weight distribution needs thought when setting up the layout.

overall to fish from it is very comfortable and the hull performance is good and worth looking at ( no boat is perfect) ((except mine ;)))

have fished from a rear centre console and if i was going to an open boat that would be my pick of layout as well.

good luck with the boat - options are half the fun.

BigE

NAGG
07-03-2018, 08:14 AM
Hi Nagg
I a Glass man myself but regularly fish with a mate who has a 670c , as far as ali boats go i do rate it , but they are expensive for what you get.

rides well and is excellent to fish from, they can throw some spray at times but i have found they need to be trimmed differently to my glass rig so there is a learning curve with them to get the best ride , i just cant stand the noise the ballast chamber makes at rest. hull is sharp and has no strakes so engine torque and prop lift is critical to the hulls performance in my opinion. need to run them with speed and very level so tabs are mandatory and weight distribution needs thought when setting up the layout.

overall to fish from it is very comfortable and the hull performance is good and worth looking at ( no boat is perfect) ((except mine ;)))

have fished from a rear centre console and if i was going to an open boat that would be my pick of layout as well.

good luck with the boat - options are half the fun.

BigE

thanks for the feedback
I have been warned that trim tabs are a must ..... $2100 option:o

Im actually horrified at the added costs from the dealer ..... so much so that I have asked for a quote with no added fruit .... like sounders etc.

agree on the bloop bloop noise ..... kind of makes you want to fill it with urathane foam.

chris

ranmar850
07-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Turn key packages are great, just roll out of the showroom with the new boat on the back:thumbsup:.. But you do pay a premium. Look at the cost of those options, then break it down into the actual components, and you will see how much you are being charged to fit them. In some cases, value, in others, no way. You will, of course,(or should) have full warranty on everything on the hull.Premium paid for peace of mind?

if you haven't noticed, I'm going a different way with my new boat. There is a thread here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php/206957-New-boat-coming-Caribbean-Reef-Runner-6-4 Caribbean dealers are quite happy to sell you a very basic, or even bare package, whereas someone like Cruisecraft are very tightly integrated, shipping only completed boats as far as I can see, and it is reflected in the price. I'm saving a considerable amount of money on this, and I'm not talking just a couple of grand , --it would have been beyond my budget to have a dealer do it all, as I have seen the quoted prices per item. The dealer is doing stuff like instal the trim tabs ($1300 total, Bennets) , the rear swim platform and boarding ladder to go with cutting in the transom door, fitting the overhead hatches in the hardtop, and reinforcing the hardtop to take the outriggers. I'm doing all the wiring, battery instals, electronics, transducers, both transom and thru hull, seawater intakes and pumps, plumbing the livewell, remote spotlight, anchor winch, under-and-over deck lights. I shopped around and was lucky to score the motor of my choice at a considerable discount, with an extra thrown in--the rest of it was just shopping assiduously and collecting. The motor will be hung and commissioned by an authorised dealer, so no issues there. And I also get the satisfaction of knowing it was done right--the electrics will be something to take a picture of, not hide behind a panel.
I don't know whether BarCrusher dealers would let you do that level of work, or whether you would even want to.

NAGG
07-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Turn key packages are great, just roll out of the showroom with the new boat on the back:thumbsup:.. But you do pay a premium. Look at the cost of those options, then break it down into the actual components, and you will see how much you are being charged to fit them. In some cases, value, in others, no way. You will, of course,(or should) have full warranty on everything on the hull.Premium paid for peace of mind?

if you haven't noticed, I'm going a different way with my new boat. There is a thread here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php/206957-New-boat-coming-Caribbean-Reef-Runner-6-4 Caribbean dealers are quite happy to sell you a very basic, or even bare package, whereas someone like Cruisecraft are very tightly integrated, shipping only completed boats as far as I can see, and it is reflected in the price. I'm saving a considerable amount of money on this, and I'm not talking just a couple of grand , --it would have been beyond my budget to have a dealer do it all, as I have seen the quoted prices per item. The dealer is doing stuff like instal the trim tabs ($1300 total, Bennets) , the rear swim platform and boarding ladder to go with cutting in the transom door, fitting the overhead hatches in the hardtop, and reinforcing the hardtop to take the outriggers. I'm doing all the wiring, battery instals, electronics, transducers, both transom and thru hull, seawater intakes and pumps, plumbing the livewell, remote spotlight, anchor winch, under-and-over deck lights. I shopped around and was lucky to score the motor of my choice at a considerable discount, with an extra thrown in--the rest of it was just shopping assiduously and collecting. The motor will be hung and commissioned by an authorised dealer, so no issues there. And I also get the satisfaction of knowing it was done right--the electrics will be something to take a picture of, not hide behind a panel.
I don't know whether BarCrusher dealers would let you do that level of work, or whether you would even want to.

I certainly don’t want a lot of the high priced fruit that they want to add .... I want to choose my sounders etc .... and I will pay a lot less for them. Even when it came to switches .... I would like to send them the panels that I prefer (blue sea) which are much better and last longer. if a dealer doesn’t want to get with the program then I won’t be buying. I certainly won’t be fitting the preferred motor that the local barCrusher dealer sell ...etecs or Suzuki ......and I told them that. I may even go down to Melbourne and go direct as I believe that there is no dealers in Melbourne.

ah the fun and games of buying a new boat

chris

Noelm
07-03-2018, 10:29 AM
See if you can find a nearby Stacer dealer that might have one of their plate consoles in stock, Sea Ranger I think the model is, I saw one at my local ramp on Sunday, and the console is mounted way back, not suggesting you buy one, but it might be an option to actually get in one and look around to give you an idea on size and so on.

catshark
07-03-2018, 12:55 PM
whats wrong with the 5.0 barramaster? looks to be a very capable boat.

Noelm
07-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Probably nothing, but the first post indicates 6-7m

NAGG
07-03-2018, 05:17 PM
whats wrong with the 5.0 barramaster? looks to be a very capable boat.

When I bought it - I was living in Qld where my preferred fishing was lure casting for barra ...... so it was dams , rivers , creeks with the odd long run up Curtis Is , Hinchinbrook - so for that it was ideal .
These days living in Sydney I'm asking it to punch well above it's weight ...... offshore . It can do it in reasonable conditions but when you get caught out in bad weather & sloppy seas you want a more substantial boat under you . I still use it for lurefishing but to a lesser extent .

Chris

catshark
07-03-2018, 07:40 PM
just watching a video on the xs series, gotta say id prefer one over the cabin model, looks like everything in its right place,room to move and custom trailer.the only drawback i can see is the sunlight bouncing of the shiny floor. need some good polaroid glasses.

Jason Green
07-03-2018, 08:51 PM
just watching a video on the xs series, gotta say id prefer one over the cabin model, looks like everything in its right place,room to move and custom trailer.the only drawback i can see is the sunlight bouncing of the shiny floor. need some good polaroid glasses.

The shiny floor is great bit of blood on it hit it with the deck wash and she is all clean until the next one

NAGG
08-03-2018, 05:17 AM

I've never liked the look of a barcrusher ..... bloody ugly if you ask me - Then I saw the baby XS when I popped out to the local dealer last weekend ...... "Hello baby!" That got my attention real quick & I quickly asked do they do something bigger . Later this month Blakes Marine will have a 615XS to have a look at which I'm keen to see.
The solution for the shiny floor is to go with the $580 tube matting option ....... easy to lift up and clean the floor

Chris

baitable
08-03-2018, 10:14 AM
I have owned a Bar crusher, it was one of the first 620C delivered in QLD- which is now marketed as possibly their 670C. Wonderful boat, it didnt have the ballast system that could be locked in. I regularly fished Agnes waters in the boat with 3 POB with plenty of gear. The boat performed amazingly in a following sea, i found i could trim tab down and motor up and glide down and over swell. I always dreaded punching straight into swell but slight beam on it was great. The boat performed amazing for what it was, if you want more info pm me or gimme a call - would require an essay to run you through it... I do now own a glacier bay cat and will never look back unless we want to talk about fuel usage (just on 1:1 at 42 km/h) and maintenance costs.

baitable
08-03-2018, 10:15 AM
fishing crew have never been happier to make the switch- after they got used to the "cat walk"

RayLamp
08-03-2018, 04:59 PM
I've never liked the look of a barcrusher ..... bloody ugly if you ask me - Then I saw the baby XS when I popped out to the local dealer last weekend ...... "Hello baby!" That got my attention real quick & I quickly asked do they do something bigger . Later this month Blakes Marine will have a 615XS to have a look at which I'm keen to see.
The solution for the shiny floor is to go with the $580 tube matting option ....... easy to lift up and clean the floor

Chris
Another solution for the floor is to ask the factory to paint it (they can)... then possibly put some seadeck down. That tube matting stinks.

Jason Green
08-03-2018, 06:22 PM
The floor is fine really I am always barefoot on it it doesn’t bother me either that or I have spent to many years in western Queensland swinging off a welder and the body has become dead to the feel of heat

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

catshark
08-03-2018, 08:52 PM
yeah i would be asking if i were to buy , throw in some proper flooring as i dont wont my eyes to be burnt out and my bare feet to cook, fair enough easy to clean but couldnt they finish it off in a matt color, the xs series looks sharp to me where as the bar crusher looks blunt because of that cuddy cab front.

Jason Green
08-03-2018, 09:03 PM
yeah i would be asking if i were to buy , throw in some proper flooring as i dont wont my eyes to be burnt out and my bare feet to cook, fair enough easy to clean but couldnt they finish it off in a matt color, the xs series looks sharp to me where as the bar crusher looks blunt because of that cuddy cab front.

It’s like that so when you cover it in blood, bait and guts it’s easy to wash off how many pro boats do you see with matting or carpet it’s a fishing boat first family boat second

NAGG
08-03-2018, 09:09 PM
The floor is fine really I am always barefoot on it it doesn’t bother me either that or I have spent to many years in western Queensland swinging off a welder and the body has become dead to the feel of heat

Checker plate gives you sore feet .... the tube matting is much more gooder :)

Jason Green
08-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Matting is fine just makes it a bit harder to keep clean when you’re out there for a few days with blood and stuff getting spattered over it
Don’t worry I understand what you are looking for the rear console makes it perfect if you’re heading up a river you can stack all your gear in front of the console instead of clambering over it to get to your lines if you’re trolling or anchored up I can definitely see the plus’s in that layout

NAGG
08-03-2018, 09:31 PM
I called into the dealer again today ...... glad I did

They had the baby XS (535) parked alongside a 615WR (centre console)

The difference is massive ...... Barcrusher don't consider their sub 575s as offshore boats ...... & seeing these two beside each other was chalk and cheese . So much deeper in the hull and a much more significant boat . The 615WR is the same hull as the XS ..... just the console & seating is different . I have to say the WR was an impressive boat - Big console but specially cool with the delux flip over twin seat ( nice touch with 2 x sliding draws in the back) .116867

So seeing the 615 & just what a substantial boat it is ........ the 670 will be massive & not real practical to be casting for bream around the oyster racks :-? ...... it will be a serious offshore boat .

Chris

PS - One thing I did discover is that while they have a fully welded floor ..... they are not a self draining deck ( sub 7m range) They have a sump & 2000 Gal / hr bilge pump ..... that was a surprise .

Jason Green
08-03-2018, 10:28 PM
I called into the dealer again today ...... glad I did

They had the baby XS (535) parked alongside a 615WR (centre console)

The difference is massive ...... Barcrusher don't consider their sub 575s as offshore boats ...... & seeing these two beside each other was chalk and cheese . So much deeper in the hull and a much more significant boat . The 615WR is the same hull as the XS ..... just the console & seating is different . I have to say the WR was an impressive boat - Big console but specially cool with the delux flip over twin seat ( nice touch with 2 x sliding draws in the back) .116867

So seeing the 615 & just what a substantial boat it is ........ the 670 will be massive & not real practical to be casting for bream around the oyster racks :-? ...... it will be a serious offshore boat .

Chris

PS - One thing I did discover is that while they have a fully welded floor ..... they are not a self draining deck ( sub 7m range) They have a sump & 2000 Gal / hr bilge pump ..... that was a surprise .

Probably would not be that hard putting scuppers into it the way the deck is set up

Jason Green
10-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Actually just got back home and realised you can’t do that
The 730 onwards are self draining because the floor is higher from memory

SHOOTER1
10-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Owned a 610xs for 6 years. Get out off Cairns whenever the weather is good. Innitialy found the boat wet but dropped the motor 1 hole and made a huge improvement and no noticable loss of performance. Tube mating is the way to go for the floor.

NAGG
12-03-2018, 05:53 PM
After much deliberation ...... I've decided to go with a traditional Center console configuration - Barcrusher 615WR . the 675 is such a big boat ..... too big for my place (with 2 boats) . Living down in Sydney & with plans to hit SA to target their big snapper the added protection of a larger console is a bit of a no brainer ......... so here I am going full circle but just bigger than my original 5.35 Quintrex reef raider that I bought back in 94 .

Chris

Spaniard_King
12-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Hi Chris. For an alternative, take a look at Aluminium Longboats Australia based at Tingalpa here in Brisbane. I am currently looking at one of these as the replacement of my Stessl Angler. They do a centre console longboat in either 6.8 metres or 7.1 metres length and are a really well made product. Grant (Moonlighter) and I did a visit to the factory late last year to take a look over the 6.8m he was building at the time.

The 7.1 runs with either a 115 or 130hp four stroke, 5mm bottom, transom and pod, 4mm sides and 3mm sealed deck. Has a 180 litre aluminium underfloor fuel tank and all sealed compartments underfloor have survey foam in them. It weighs around 900kg fully loaded. The 6.8m has a 140 litre poly underfloor fuel tank.

The only reason I have not ordered mine yet is that my local council is making life difficult trying to get approvals to do some modifications to existing structures to be able to get the boat into the back yard.

If you want to have a look at the 7.1 metre boat in action, take a look on Youtube at Yippykiyay m.f. Adventures. Jason is based in Mount Isa and does long range trips in the gulf from Karumba. Last year he did a Weipa to the tip trip in his boat. If you are looking at a rear centre console type boat, then this one is well worth taking a look at. Also, I think you will find it very well priced against many of the better known brands. I will also state that I have no affiliation with the builder, I'm just a potential customer.

Cheers

Jeff
Prety sure that was the one I fitted a 150 Honda too, the owner runs a resort in nuginea. had a bit of a run to get supplies. Looked a well built boat

catshark
12-03-2018, 07:49 PM
The centre console in the 615wr is a beauty, hardtop t-top is stylish and like the wide gunnels typical of the barcrusher/surtees origin. i reckon we will start to see more of these at the ramps in the coming years.

552Evo
12-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Nice, another 6m CC with T-top in the ranks. Good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NAGG
12-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Nice, another 6m CC with T-top in the ranks. Good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CCs just rock for fish-ability ( I dont think I would ever own a cabin boat ...... maybe a center cab ) I looked at a couple of centercabs (stessel & formosa) you just lost too much room ..... not even the space to put the esky up front
......... the folding barcrusher T top seems pretty functional - specially with rocket launcher / forward facing spot lights & rearward flood lights will work a treat . It will also have the sliding extension for the T top giving a bit more shade.

Chris