PDA

View Full Version : Pin area by night

Marchy001
28-11-2017, 09:01 PM
In the quest of spending more time on the water the best chance for me getting out for more than a couple of hours is to go over night. With the weather in SEQ being as good as it has that restricts locations a bit.

So I’m thinking I might have a crack at the pin area overnight this Friday. Is it worth my while or are there better places to hide from the wind and have a chance to catch something?

My most common trip will be on water by 3-4 of a Friday and back at the ramp around 11 on the Saturday. The location is the part I struggle with live in ipswich so not much is convenient. Open to suggestions.

grinner2
29-11-2017, 09:26 AM
I have a similar time restraint , so I opt for the Fri Night fish as well .

I live at Fernvale , so I usually take the boat to work on a Friday & leave straight from work ( try to score an early mark when ever possible )

Depending on wind direction / strength I would either head to the Pin OR the Port ( the port seams to be the preferred option of late )

Failing that I look at the fresh water option ( which I have done a fair bot of late ) Wivenhoe Or the upper reaches of the river below the dam .( usually a early Sat morning start )