PDA

View Full Version : Anchor for Bowrider

mercthunder
09-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Hi all, i have a Tahoe Q4 Fibreglass Bowrider. Its 5.92m long, It weighs about 1066kg. I was wondering what type of anchor i would need for this boat. I saw the BCF has a number of sizes, and i am looking for a sand achor.

Could anyone please help advise me?

Thanks.

chocolatemoose
09-10-2017, 02:26 PM
what sort of water are you boating in. fast moving water? soft sand??

pegasus
09-10-2017, 03:57 PM
http://bla.com.au/default/products/anchoring-mooring/anchors/sand/sand-anchors.html

Hi mate,
Check out the above link - will give you an idea. If you are in strong flow conditions might be an idea to go next size up. Not a bad idea to have a greater length of chain than the standard 2 metres- makes and anchor hold much better- length of the boat is good guide for me. Also rigging it to the forward portion of the shaft and heavy cable tying to the traditional rear point will save you an anchor when snagged. Cable tie or wire your shackles also - good idea.

Good boating,

Lew

Noelm
09-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Go to a decent boat shop and ask what they recommend for your size boat, in the area you intend to anchor.

NomadNoosa
09-10-2017, 07:47 PM
I have three anchors! Yeah I know its overkill.
I have a 15 pound plough anchor with either 4 or 6 metres of chain for when we go away and I want to anchor up overnight.
I have a typical danforth anchor which I hate.....don't ask me why I just hate it, but keep it around as a spare
I have one of those little nylon cooper anchors for when we are just cruising around the river or noosa bays. Its great. Works really really well, is light and doesnt scratch the boat. I have anchored it in some high moving tides near the mouth of the Noosa River to test it and have been surprised at how well it works for what is essentially a fairly small anchor.

mercthunder
11-10-2017, 06:01 AM
Hi all. Mainly achoring on Hawksbury river in Windsor, Georges River, and Nepean River. But at times possibly Sydney Harbour.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk