PDA

View Full Version : Boat Finance

Ringy35
08-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Hey all, I've been searching through some posts on here regarding financing a boat but they're all pretty old.... just wondering if anyone has some recommendations for a finance company they have used before?
Chasing a secured loan to get interest down a bit and purchasing a private sale not from a dealer.
Any info would be appreciated!!!
Cheers 🎣🤘

scottar
08-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Assuming you don't have a home loan. Given the record low interest rates some of the rates the finance companies are charging are pretty rude.

Ringy35
08-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Yeah got a home loan but don't really want to throw it on that....

Bremic
08-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Go and talk to who ever has your housing loan first. If you have enough equity in the house, you could get a second loan, secured by the house. You should get an interest rate close to your housing loan. I'd be very surprised if any finance company will be able to provide as good a deal.

scottar
08-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Go and talk to who ever has your housing loan first. If you have enough equity in the house, you could get a second loan, secured by the house. You should get an interest rate close to your housing loan. I'd be very surprised if any finance company will be able to provide as good a deal.

Good option if you don't want to use your home loan. Bought a car like this through the CBA using the oldies house many moons ago. (was threatened with physical violence if I decided to skip on the payments :rifle:). Finance companies couldn't get near the interest rate.

Still_Dreamin
10-08-2017, 08:33 PM
A boat is a luxury. If you can't save for it can you really afford it? Rates next move will most likely be up, not a matter of if but when

552Evo
11-08-2017, 09:27 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/14qa6jf3Xf6ftu/giphy.gif

This should be good.

Saltwater fishing, boat mad but has a job that gets in the way.