PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Pro Xs 115

Dirtyfuzz
07-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Only window shopping at this stage but very tempting at 165kg and 2065cc they sound like they would be perfect for a 6m powercat, has anyone tried them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

Noelm
07-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Are they available in all shaft lengths? the older ones used to be only in long, or was it short for Bass type boats?

Dirtyfuzz
07-08-2017, 04:29 PM
They come in a 20 and a 25" and need the command thrust model for counter rotating!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Dirtyfuzz
07-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Doing a bit more research I don't think they come in counter rotating which is a bugger, but the Mercury seapro has same specs with counter rotating [emoji848]

Mupster
07-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Doing a bit more research I don't think they come in counter rotating which is a bugger, but the Mercury seapro has same specs with counter rotating [emoji848]

About $1500 more but it's a more robust motor setup!

Skusto
07-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Would be interested to know what you get them For dirtyfuzz if you went with them as that's what I would repower with no motors comes close for weight!

Dirtyfuzz
07-08-2017, 08:39 PM
About $1500 more but it's a more robust motor setup!

Cheers! Seapro looks like it comes standard with the command thrust bottom end with a different gear ratio and has a wot 500rpm less than the standard and 1000rpm less than the pro xs! Trying to find info of torque curves at different speeds for them

Mupster
07-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Cheers! Seapro looks like it comes standard with the command thrust bottom end with a different gear ratio and has a wot 500rpm less than the standard and 1000rpm less than the pro xs! Trying to find info of torque curves at different speeds for them

Their a commercial grade with the command trust and heavier mounting system. Pro XS advantage is all up high near WOT and the Seapro is more meatier down low for pushing wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

Dirtyfuzz
07-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Their a commercial grade with the command trust and heavier mounting system. Pro XS advantage is all up high near WOT and the Seapro is more meatier down low for pushing wait!

So in your opinion do you reckon the seapro would be a better suit to push an old 6.2 kc then as they are pretty heavy

Mupster
07-08-2017, 08:54 PM
So in your opinion do you reckon the seapro would be a better suit to push an old 6.2 kc then as they are pretty heavy

Yeah but you won't get the price difference back when you trade but you do get counter rotation for what it's worth!

swof63
07-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Standard 115 command thrust model comes in counter rotating ( not pro-xs command thrust though ). Local boat shop has had a procession of 90ct, 115ct and 150's out the door recently both new boats and repowers the shop carries two other brands you hardly see any coming through these mercs have pretty attractive specs.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Larry242
07-08-2017, 10:49 PM
I've just bought a 2nd hand Quintrex 530 Cruiseabout that has the 115 Pro XS CT on the back. Only been in the water once so I can't really help you too much. My boat is going to be mainly used for fishing/skiing combo. Went skiing a couple of weekends ago at Somerset with the girls and was very happy with the performance in comparison to my old boat (Yamaha 70HP 2 stroke). No comparison really. The old Yamaha never let me down but did start to struggle and use lots of fuel particularly when tubing with 2 teenage girls on the back The Merc just does it easily whether it be pulling the skiiers up or tubing. All up loaded/fueled, I reckon my boat weighs around a tonne. Top speed on the day was about 70kmh. Main difference I found was the hole shot with getting a skiier up without dragging them too far. They just pop up now. I guess performance on your hull will be dependent on your loaded weight. I hope to go for a fish this weekend down the Pin, so I may have further comments next week.