PDA

View Full Version : Are flares out of date?

odieman150
06-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before but i have flares that have a use buy of June 2017 and just wondering if that means June 1st or June 30th? Thanks for the help guys.

Swanie1975
06-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Prob easier to just buy new ones. I didn't even bother with mine last month, I replaced them the week before while I was at shop anyway for something else 😋. Next use by date is 3 yrs away, I always thought they were replaced every two 🤔

odieman150
06-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Thanks Swanie1975 I was thinking the same thing about buying a new set when next in town but "The Minister" said they should be good till the end of the month so i thought i would ask the question.

Triple
06-06-2017, 09:44 PM
End of month.

Noelm
07-06-2017, 06:50 AM
I think this has been argued many times before and the general thoughts were "June 2017" means as soon as its June, they are expired.

robsue
07-06-2017, 08:43 AM
it's the end of the month, as Triple has said.....I have asked fisheries this question in the past

odieman150
07-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys i was wondering how fisheries would interpret it.

blacklab
07-06-2017, 05:40 PM
And don't chuck em out !
We still have plenty of soccer matches goin on down here, there's a big black market for expired flares in Melbourne ;D
I replace mine before the expiry date month !
When things are open to interpretation, or the revenue monkeys need some extra funding, its not worth the risk. I mean look at the blokes
getting tickets for not having a seat belts on when driving there boat out of the water !!!!!! On the damn ramp !!
buy some new ones, before the expiry month and dispose of those old ones appropriately, bob's your uncle
C

Triple
07-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Seatbelt ticket was for driving from the carpark spot to the ramp.

blacklab
07-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Seatbelt ticket was for driving from the carpark spot to the ramp.

Ok, I stand corrected, may have read it wrong.
but either way you look at it, pretty naff !
its all these "ambiguous" type laws, which authorities or manufacturers could eliminate, by signage or printing laws on products,
it only gives the authorities there few hours of the lime light, and boost there coffers !
Interestingly some bloke on radio here, bought the seat belt issue up when a head traffic cop was on justifying speed cameras as saving lives !
The bloke that rang up said " we thank you for this crack down on seat belt use in boat ramp car park area's, and now understand its about reducing
accidents and road fatalities,,,, then asked him how many deaths or accidents have occurred in boat ramp car parks ! Was gold, he was quickly cut off......
So, the flare issue,,, I tried to look it up, couldn't find anything on specific expiry, whether they could be used during that month, So, another potential field day for the authorities, so I just flick the old ones out before the expiry month starts and buy new ones...........
mind you, I'm not the smartest cookie on the internet, it could be there somewhere, but clarification on the flare would be suffice !!
C

TheGurn
07-06-2017, 08:24 PM
I also asked the water police who said if the current month is the same as the expiry date then they are expired. Guess it depends who is on duty on the day. Not worth the fine or the argument in court to squeeze another 30 days out of them.