PDA

View Full Version : Boat flooring recommendations please

Mattywalton
29-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Hey guys

We have a Noosacat 2300 and are after some flooring ideas that are non slip and removable for cleaning.

Thanks

Kondo 1
29-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Sea Dek is great but not removable. Lighter colours can show dirt, but a blast with the gerni cleans it up, otherwise pretty impervious to blood and all that.

Feels great underfoot.

If you want removable you probably would look at tube matting but that and most other removable coverings move around which I can't handle....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

catshark
29-05-2017, 07:26 PM
hi Matty ,after slipping over couple of times on fish blood etc , in my sharkcat , went out and bought marine carpet , took measurements of full cockpit, made a one piece carpet lay. feels cool under foot, easy to sweep clean, washes well, no rot, i take it out every 3rd trip to wash the floor, and i used no adhesive to stick it down, sits there nice and doesnt move, i had extra and repeated the process for my dashboard, looks neat around the sounders.

scottar
29-05-2017, 08:20 PM
These guys are doing some pretty cool looking stuff

https://www.facebook.com/Machine-It-1625455890816821/

rexaway123
29-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Search fir my previous posts on my noosacat 2300
and what flooring I had put down when Wayne built fir me
i was his first using regupol rubber flooring they custom trimmed in

5 years later best thing I ever did

i can post pictures again if needed

Cape Crusader
01-06-2017, 02:34 PM
G'day
After 40 something years of boat ownership and numerous boats I finally got a boat with a self draining deck and deck wash a couple of years ago and would never go back to having something removable like carpet or tube matting. Ours does have fitted carpet but it lives permanently rolled up in the shed. Had marine carpet in my previous 2 boats, very annoying having to remove it and hang it somewhere to wash and dry, time consuming to remove spilt fish guts. Added tube matting (heronaire) to my last boat good for non slip but lots of things get hooked up on it, including fish guts etc, if you hit it with a pressure washer while it's still in the boat it throws any blood and guts sideways in to the side pockets. Something made of sheet rubber maybe ok if it's a light colour so it doesn't get too hot. I would think you have a self draining (easy clean) deck and wonder why you would want to change? Perhaps too slippery in which case I'd be looking to improve the grip of the deck.
Cheers
Rod

ranmar850
01-06-2017, 02:49 PM
+1 for no marine carpet, fixed OR loose. I've had both. Hard work to keep it from not stinking, you'll need to wet vacc it a couple of times a year if you fish much if it is glued down. Stray bits of bait, fish etc get trodden in and take hard scrubbing to get it out. If it is loose, you'll need a bloody big bit to cover the deck of a boat like that, and it is very heavy to handle if only damp. My current boat came with loose carpet, PITA, it only goes in now if I am using heavy steel-bottomed craypots, or as deck protection when I am travelling, gets thrown out when at the destination.
Some blokes seem to think " it isn't a fishing boat if it doesn't smell"'-- I've never subscribed to that, and I was the skipper of various pro boats for 26 years. Carpet is your biggest contributor.

Dirtyfuzz
02-06-2017, 08:32 PM
What about those rubber tiles you get from camping stored that lock together, that's what I'm thinking of using

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

cwcarter
02-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Diamond deck Eva foam.
http://diamonddeck.com.au/

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3tfPnN0qqHU/VzbknU22MFI/AAAAAAAACfc/Z8P4N98GqKAU6aNPGzajRECxlA3Okj8eACLcB/s1600/20160514_163731.jpg

chocolatemoose
02-06-2017, 09:55 PM
So we cnc and use a product called Xdek "similar to all those other EVA floorings." we have just found the adhesion to be a tad better on ours.
why we like it.
lasts a fair while. the glue has a 7 year warranty "surface dependent"
its soft under foot
UV stabilized.
cleans super easy.
looks brilliant.

Moose Marine

scottar
03-06-2017, 02:15 AM
What about those rubber tiles you get from camping stored that lock together, that's what I'm thinking of using

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

They get slippery when they are wet.

dnej
05-06-2017, 02:21 PM
I use outdoor carpet. Its light, easy to handle, and remove, and last a long time. Has a rubber backing of sorts.

Comes in different colours. Cut it around the seats, and rejoined it in front of the seats with Velcro underneath. Folds well also.. Got it from Bunnings.
Vey happy with a LOOOOONG time result.
David

Portacol
07-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Run an outdoor carpet, chuck it on the ground and give it a squirt as you clean the boat. Roll it it up and stand it on it's end and the water runs out real quick. Lay it out on the ground and let it dry. Some pieces of the rubber non slip mat help to stop it from moving.
My other boat has EVA. Works a treat too. The carpet cleans up with a hose down from the garden tap. The EVA hoses down pretty good but gets a bit ingrained with dirt and needs a gurney every so often to get it looking good again.
For me, if I want it stuck down, EVA, If I want it removable, carpet.

Cheers, Col.