PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Guide Adjustments

552Evo
13-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Before I get too carried away I thought I'd better ask [emoji39]
Since supplied new, a few of the roller adjustment legs on the trailer have hung low and caught on dirt track speed humps and on road rubber speed humps. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170513/a1c60da7052d99ff978efc282bf0ad8e.png
Since the boat sits well - as far as I can tell ? It tows well.
Is there any problem with cutting off the leg under hang ?
See attached photo to give you the idea of the Under hang I speak of.
Thought I'd use an electric/recip hacksaw to trim then spray some rattle can gal over the raw edge.
Appreciate your feedback

Thanks
Jamie

Sent using Tapatalk

Chimo
13-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Jamie

You could just get under the trailer and jack up each roller set by all or part of the extra length so it no longer catches.

Or you could perhaps swap the offending roller set to a different location on the trailer that wont be affected by your off road antics!

Cheers
Chimo

552Evo
13-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Ha ha off-road antics - I've got a cabin at a caravan park at the beach, if I take the boat with us there's these ugly great speed humps that are way over the top, like most things at caravan parks are,,,, don't get me started 🤣[emoji23]
Great, thanks for the idea, I'll have a look and see if swapping the supports will achieve the result.

Jamie.

Sent using Tapatalk

tunaticer
13-05-2017, 02:38 PM
As long as you don't need to adjust the trailer again, the excess underneath can be safely and easily trimmed off.

Dignity
13-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Your spray can of galvanised won't do much, I have in the past got a zinc stick and when the cut is fresh used a gas blow torch to melt it onto the exposed metal. I reckon you would get away with those little Red Devils that work off a cigarette lighter. Otherwise spray/paint with some extroll or similar then overpay with some silver paint to make it look good, also if it starts to rust it will show pretty quickly.

552Evo
13-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Thanks Dignity yes I know what you mean I haven't seen or used a zinc stick, I'm gonna get one now. Would a small gas soldering iron do the job ? Or do you need a proper welding torch ?
I haven't seen Red Devil's either ?
Excuse me while get out from under this rock 🤣[emoji23]
Would big hardware stores have zinc sticks ?

Sent using Tapatalk

ric
13-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Thanks Dignity yes I know what you mean I haven't seen or used a zinc stick, I'm gonna get one now. Would a small gas soldering iron do the job ? Or do you need a proper welding torch ?
I haven't seen Red Devil's either ?
Excuse me while get out from under this rock 🤣[emoji23]
Would big hardware stores have zinc sticks ?

Sent using Tapatalk

Cutting them off and spraying with cold gal will be fine. They are usually solid 1" steel. By the time they rust through, evinrude will of released a 3 stroke.

Dignity
13-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Ric, you can use spray gal but experience has proved it doesn't last, it will start rusting within a month. I don't even know how they can legally sell it as spray galvanising as it is so porous.

EVO, I used to buy the zinc sticks from the same place I used to buy my welding rods. I had enough to last me for years. I could check if I've still got one around, I last loaned my rods and welder, your welcome to it, also have a gas torch you could borrow it, runs off a normal gas bottle.

Red Devil is a small torch which uses a cigarette lighter, used for lighting cigars of all things, but similar to a plumbers torch. They're about $10 and useful for soldering etc. I only thought of it as it has a shorter flame length especially when you are u der the boat.

Triple
13-05-2017, 10:28 PM
I cut mine off when I first bought my boat cause they were dragging on my old mans driveway.. have recently found I am hitting the keel on the front crossbar when retrieving so now need to raise them and have to buy two new ones so I can raise all the rollers to sort it out. Moral is make sure you don't need to raise them before you cut them.

552Evo
13-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Ric, you can use spray gal but experience has proved it doesn't last, it will start rusting within a month. I don't even know how they can legally sell it as spray galvanising as it is so porous.

EVO, I used to buy the zinc sticks from the same place I used to buy my welding rods. I had enough to last me for years. I could check if I've still got one around, I last loaned my rods and welder, your welcome to it, also have a gas torch you could borrow it, runs off a normal gas bottle.

Red Devil is a small torch which uses a cigarette lighter, used for lighting cigars of all things, but similar to a plumbers torch. They're about $10 and useful for soldering etc. I only thought of it as it has a shorter flame length especially when you are u der the boat.

Thanks Dignity very generous, I'll check out the zinc stix and find some of those I'll give it a go. I'll figure it out [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

552Evo
13-05-2017, 11:16 PM
I cut mine off when I first bought my boat cause they were dragging on my old mans driveway.. have recently found I am hitting the keel on the front crossbar when retrieving so now need to raise them and have to buy two new ones so I can raise all the rollers to sort it out. Moral is make sure you don't need to raise them before you cut them.

Yes thanks a Triple, that's why I thought I'd ask first before chopping mine off. Has something moved with your setup or what has happened for the keel to hit now ?
Anyway as they say measure twice and cut once, or was that the other way around ? 🤣

Dignity
14-05-2017, 07:38 AM
EVO, I just realised your in Melbourne, so loaning you gear is going to be difficult, although the boss wants to do a road trip. Its interesting that your avatar shows your location yet lately every other one doesn't. Is it just my setup because it occurs on the tablet, PC and phone. I thought it might have been a new policy if the site.

Fed
14-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Put up some more pics Jamie and where is it hitting, front or back?
Don't stress about the Gal, first scrape on the ground & it's gone anyway.
Could your towball be too high or too low?
Is your Dad's driveway a dip or a hump?

552Evo
14-05-2017, 10:54 AM
EVO, I just realised your in Melbourne, so loaning you gear is going to be difficult, although the boss wants to do a road trip. Its interesting that your avatar shows your location yet lately every other one doesn't. Is it just my setup because it occurs on the tablet, PC and phone. I thought it might have been a new policy if the site.

G'day Dignity, I only log into Ausfish using either my iPhone when I'm out and at home I'm on an iPad.
I use this forum and 2 others on the Tapatalk App so maybe there's too many layers for everything to work properly ?
I only break out my laptop rarely and log into the forums. Usually I set up the profile pic and other profile related stuff using the laptop logged into the Ausfish website because some functionality is not possible using the App.
So I'm not sure why it changes, I'll have a look at my setup later.

Cheers
Jamie

552Evo
14-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Put up some more pics Jamie and where is it hitting, front or back?
Don't stress about the Gal, first scrape on the ground & it's gone anyway.
Could your towball be too high or too low?
Is your Dad's driveway a dip or a hump?

Thanks Fed, I'll get some more pics and details later today.

Cheers
Jamie

552Evo
14-05-2017, 05:50 PM
It's mainly catching in the middle legs between the wheels. If the speed hump is all the way across the road that's no problem, but a few I have to go over are the rubber ones that are split across the road. And the way they are configured I can't always line up the gap so I have each side wheels go over together.
Hard to explain but the humps are about 3-4 ft square.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170514/7f4453da070f1300980ef31603d502ce.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170514/f435437c2c50cdc0be79f5846e131ec2.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Chimo
14-05-2017, 08:14 PM
What breed of trailer do you have? Boy that looks low!
You could also fit some spacer blocks between the axle and the spring. 2" would lift everything well clear of the bumps.

scottar
14-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Those are ridiculously low. I would simply cut them off, paint and then rustproof. Get new ones if you ever need to lift the whole boat.

Dignity
14-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Or springs over the axles

552Evo
14-05-2017, 08:46 PM
What breed of trailer do you have? Boy that looks low!
You could also fit some spacer blocks between the axle and the spring. 2" would lift everything well clear of the bumps.

It's a dunbier Chimo, as far as I know it's a stock standard model ?
But I totally agree it seems low, given that the legs I want to trim are only inches (1 or 2) off the road.
Maybe I'll call them up and ask about it ?

552Evo
14-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Or springs over the axles

Yeah that's an option I guess, I'll call them ( dunbier) and see what they say.

Triple
14-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Looking at your pics I'd put money on it your front ones have already been cut off. Mines a dunbier sr too and it was my front ones I cut and are now only as short as yours.

Fed
15-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Have the tyres been replaced with lower profile car tyres instead of truck tyres?

552Evo
15-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Have the tyres been replaced with lower profile car tyres instead of truck tyres?

Thanks Fed
No the trailer is standard with supplied rims and tires.

Sent using Tapatalk

Fed
15-05-2017, 10:16 AM
I'd cut them off leaving 1/4" for any future minor adjustments.

Crunchy
15-05-2017, 11:00 AM
If the rollers are set right on the hull just cut them off, had to do the same with my last trailer due to shape of the driveway. Word of caution though, don't use a grinder, sparks and fibreglass don't go well together!

Crunchy
15-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Or take boat off first if using grinder....

552Evo
15-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Thanks Crunchy and all,
Job done, I had a recent birthday gift card from a big hardware place and picked up a reciprocating saw. Great tool. Anyway now there's 130mm clearance. I just used the leftover spray can I had to seal up the raw end. I will check out the sink stick though, they sound handy.
You can see in the pics the axle is over the spring, so if I have any more dramas I can swap that over and get another 50mm or so clearance but I doubt I'll need to - I hope 🤞

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/227c8bfbd384e99bd587c78b3da77b01.jpg
IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/76e2fc95dbc33b80997ceb7ac0cb5f5a.jpg

You can see the off cuts show the damage where they caught on the rubber road humps.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dignity
16-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Is it my imagination or are those cross members 50 mm and bending, I'm sure they should be 70mm for a boat that size. Just had a closer look and now I'm not sure, is that roller assembly on the axle.

Richo1
16-05-2017, 08:44 AM
I'd just cut them off, spray gal then spray a rust treatment over the top (Tectyl 506) but I'm a bit Dodgey when it comes to trailer maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chimo
16-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Jamie

What model no. Dunbier is the one you have?
Just now looking at the Dunbier site hence the question.

Thanks
Chimo

552Evo
16-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Jamie

What model no. Dunbier is the one you have?
Just now looking at the Dunbier site hence the question.

Thanks
Chimo

G'day Chimo it's a SRW5.7T

Sent using Tapatalk

552Evo
16-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Is it my imagination or are those cross members 50 mm and bending, I'm sure they should be 70mm for a boat that size. Just had a closer look and now I'm not sure, is that roller assembly on the axle.

You know Dignify you're right, just having a good look now.
There is a slight bend, and the roller bolt is the cause I think.
The bend is right where the roller assembly bolt is sitting on a he top axle surface !

Sent using Tapatalk

552Evo
16-05-2017, 11:58 AM
I had the jockey wheel adjusted all the way down, the roller support bolt contacts the axle.
I've lifted the jockey wheel up and now the bolt has clearance - just, about 3mm.
The boat is secure on the trailer with the boat latch wound tight on the winch.
The flex in the axle and leaf springs I guess depends on the tow point height.
But I think the support bolts are too close to the axle ?

Sent using Tapatalk

Chimo
16-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Jamie

Can you find your trailer on the Dunbier website?
Maybe a man's look but I cannot.

Chimo

552Evo
16-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Jamie

Can you find your trailer on the Dunbier website?
Maybe a man's look but I cannot.

Chimo

The closest I can find on their website is in the supa rolla series SR5.7-13TB.

http://www.dunbier.com/trailers/trailers-for-fiberglass-boats/supa-rolla-series/sr5-7m-13tb/

Mine could be a slightly different variant of this because of the boat width but it would be for intents and purposes the same I think.
The width between the guards on mine is approximately 1820mm.

It should be ok as far as weight rating goes.
My calcs are for as listed trailer gross max of 2000kg:
Motor - 211kg
Trailer- 440kg
Hull - 820 kg
Fuel - 150 kg max
Tools and Tackle - 40 kg
T-Top -30 kg
Total = 1691kg fully loaded

Sent using Tapatalk

Chimo
16-05-2017, 02:38 PM
That really is cheap to use the axle the way they have instead of carrying the rollers on a dedicated member.

Very sad!

Chimo

552Evo
16-05-2017, 02:51 PM
That really is cheap to use the axle the way they have instead of carrying the rollers on a dedicated member.

Very sad!

Chimo

Chimo the rollers are on a dedicated member. Here's another photo
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170516/b7f977a9ce7e45cbe50b15409b3911ca.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Chimo
16-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Well thats good

Very quick repair, nice to see.!

scottar
16-05-2017, 03:43 PM
What would be interesting given the axle cradle placement would be to stick it on a ball weight scale. Can't say I have ever seen a dual axle set up with the axle being the rearmost "cross member". Sort of stops the rear cradle doing what it is supposed to do - not to mention the keel guard.

Dignity
16-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Chimo the rollers are on a dedicated member. Here's another photo
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170516/b7f977a9ce7e45cbe50b15409b3911ca.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

You definitely need to keep that assembly off the axle, when hitched how close is that bolt assembly to the axle.

552Evo
16-05-2017, 04:05 PM
What would be interesting given the axle cradle placement would be to stick it on a ball weight scale. Can't say I have ever seen a dual axle set up with the axle being the rearmost "cross member". Sort of stops the rear cradle doing what it is supposed to do - not to mention the keel guard.

Scottar, I think the image may be a bit deceiving, there are more cross braces toward the stern if that's what I understand your concern ?
The image was taken between the dual axles left of the image being toward the bow.
Below is the same sort of trailer with the angle of image taken

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170516/7bd4f11c53e5329ef437c27ce4ce5f57.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

scottar
16-05-2017, 04:17 PM
LOL. All good. I'll shut up now.

552Evo
16-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Scottar [emoji23]🤣 no worries mate.

Sent using Tapatalk

bigjimg
16-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Evo
I have the same trailer and the axle is nowhere near that location.
Every time the axle articulates and moves up while travelling it is going to contact that bolt, the stresses being applied to the axle would be great. Point load.
Definitely not an ideal situation in my opinion.

552Evo
16-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Evo
I have the same trailer and the axle is nowhere near that location.
Every time the axle articulates and moves up while travelling it is going to contact that bolt, the stresses being applied to the axle would be great. Point load.
Definitely not an ideal situation in my opinion.

Thanks Bigjimg, yes I agree with you. I figured out what you're explaining after earlier lifting and lowering the jockey wheel and seeing the gap change.
I've contacted all the parties involved and sent images so I'll see what they recommend before I do anything more.
So is your trailer spaced differently in regard to the cross brace position ?

Sent using Tapatalk

swof63
16-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Not only is the axle going to cop a whack from that bolt on suspension bump, but the impact force will be directly transmitted to the hull through the roller Assy. Not brilliant needs either drop axles or relocate the axle(s) is poss.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

552Evo
16-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Maybe the axles will be swapped under the spring to raise it away from the contact point.
I'll wait for due process

Sent using Tapatalk

bigjimg
16-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Evo,
I will try and upload some photos of how mine is setup. I don't have a phone at the moment but will see if I can dig out an old camera and post a shot or two.
What year is the set up by the way. Jim.

552Evo
16-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Evo,
I will try and upload some photos of how mine is setup. I don't have a phone at the moment but will see if I can dig out an old camera and post a shot or two.
What year is the set up by the way. Jim.

Thanks Jim.
The trailer was supplied new last August.
Jamie

Sent using Tapatalk

Dignity
17-05-2017, 08:04 AM
A couple of things, how does it tow, any sway. Do you know your tow ball weight, it might be possible to mover your axle forward without affecting sway and a reduction of tow ball weight. Also that is some serious rust starting on the springs for such a young trailer. It would be worth cleaning them up and hitting them with some Tectyl or Xtroll before it gets worse.

552Evo
17-05-2017, 10:28 AM
A couple of things, how does it tow, any sway. Do you know your tow ball weight, it might be possible to mover your axle forward without affecting sway and a reduction of tow ball weight. Also that is some serious rust starting on the springs for such a young trailer. It would be worth cleaning them up and hitting them with some Tectyl or Xtroll before it gets worse.

Thanks Dignity,
The trailer tows fine, I have no idea about the tow ball weight. Put it this way, I can't lift it and I've no back issues and I'm a solid build - not a muscle man but healthy [emoji23][emoji23]I manually push the boat and trailer in an out of the alcove where it is stored, I can only reverse it so far due to my front fence.
My guess about tow ball weight would be over or around 100 kg.
Re the rust, ok I'll apply one of your recommended things. It's not like I don't rinse it well after each use. Always flush the motor and rinse the trailer.

swof63
17-05-2017, 11:01 AM
You could always move the rollers out towards the chines a bit - they are the closest multirollers I've ever seen. This will raise them and the nasty bolt away from the axle - of course you'll need longer posts ( now ). [emoji851]

552Evo
17-05-2017, 03:06 PM
You could always move the rollers out towards the chines a bit - they are the closest multirollers I've ever seen. This will raise them and the nasty bolt away from the axle - of course you'll need longer posts ( now ). [emoji851]

Thanks swof but I think I'll be doing as little as possible, hopefully Dunbier sorts this out.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dignity
18-05-2017, 08:25 AM
EVO, a quick and dirty method to see if your axles are sharing the load correctly is to ensure the tow hitch is at normal tow height or when it is hooked up, load it with gear and deflate the tyres to about 35 lbs then stand back and have a look at the tyres. If one of the tyres looks significantly flatter than the other then you will need to move your axle arrangement, forward I suspect. Don't forget to reinflate your tyres.

552Evo
18-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Thanks Dignity, I'm at the boat builder now with the boat and trailer as I write this. The trailer is going back to Dunbier.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dignity
18-05-2017, 11:22 AM
I guess the boat builders is not happy with it. Hit them up for some new springs as they obviously used cheap Chinese galvanised (term used loosely) ones. I've got a tinnie on a dunbier trlr a d they get a cursory wash at the ramp and after 7 years still look good.

552Evo
18-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Thanks Dignity, interesting about the springs. I will ask but I don't think they would have 2 lots of springs ie cheap and nasty and regular springs. It's probably all the same now.
The boat builder is totally on side and doing the "negotiating" for want of a better term. I can't speak highly enough of the support and things they all do above and beyond.
I'm guessing I'll have the boat and trailer back next week some time so hopefully a thorough job gets done in the meantime.

Sent using Tapatalk

Fed
18-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Is your towball high enough to at least get the trailer level with the ground or better still slightly higher?

552Evo
18-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Fed yes when it's on my car it sits level but not higher. It definitely doesn't sag at the back of the car.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dignity
18-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Evo, just ask, you never know they might have had a dodgy batch considering there isn't any rust in the rest of the trailer, I have to keep reminding my wife to ask which she isis reluctant to do and many times I've asked and gotten the correct result.

552Evo
18-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Ha ha ha ok Dignity I shall do. Squeaky wheel gets the oil hay [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using Tapatalk

552Evo
29-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Update:
I pick up the boat and trailer tomorrow from the trailer manufacturer.
I spoke to a honcho asking why was the trailer like that i.e. the roller assembly hitting the axle.
Was told the wrong part was used.
The part is question (what I've called the roller assembly) is called a "parallel".
What was installed was a parallel with a profile of 70x50.
What should have been installed (and is installed now) is a 50x50 parallel.
So I'll check out how much clearance the 20mm reduced parallel provides tomorrow. Maybe it's been raised a tad, I'll see.
I asked about the rust on the leaf spring and was told it's normal because of the flexing it's unavoidable. Only thing to do is treat them with,,, inox or fish oil. Was told not to use lanolin as the salt sticks to it.
Anyway hopefully it's all sorted.

Sent using Tapatalk

Triple
29-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Did they check your ball weight? I still think that axle needs moving. That bolt needs enough clearance for full suspension travel.
And use lanox.

552Evo
29-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Thanks Triple, I have never measured the tow ball weight, but by the feel of it I guess it's maybe 150ish KG.
But I will ask about suspension clearance tomorrow, I'll see exactly what has been done as well.
Thanks I'll get some Lanox.

Dignity
30-05-2017, 07:19 AM
Reduced the parallels? Did they replace all of them or only the one hitting the axle, seems like a cop out as that is a size used for smaller boats, what sort of boat are we talking about. Don't use Inox as it will wash off, just watch the oil slick as you back the trailer down. With Lanox or Lanolin once it dries the salt won't stick to it. The rust on the springs is another cop out on their part IMHO.

552Evo
30-05-2017, 08:03 AM
I'm guessing only the two parallels that were in contact with the axle will be replaced. The trailer is designed to be low so I guess it's part and parcel of the design. I will be bringing up the suspension clearance when I go check it out later today. 20mm isn't enough.
Im definitely going to get something for the springs, they need it regardless of steel quality.
The boat is a 5.5m fibreglass centre console with a 150 Merc hanging off the rear. All up the boat motor trailer and gear weight about 1700kg.
Pita the fact this trailer place is 90 mins drive for me. Then my return trip will be peak hour so it's gonna be a slow afternoon.

Sent using Tapatalk

552Evo
30-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Well the main parts of concern are replaced.
I'm happy with that.
That's it.
First I find the plastic cover off the vessel view screen was missing.
I asked about it, but as expected nobody knew anything about it.
I'm a big boy and it's only a bit of fancy accessory so I let it slide and I can see how it may have blown off while they were transporting the boat.
I had a look over the trailer and it appeared ok and I was keen to start the 90 minute drive asap because peak hour traffic was approaching, and I wasn't going to risk another drive back because of a plastic cover.
On my way home with the trailer and boat in tow on the major ring road I get a flat tyre on my car. That's life.
When I got home I found the parallels that were replaced weren't even supporting any weight on the boat. I could free spin all of them.
That's when my mind changed, from giving people and local businesses a fair go, to just P'd off.
I called the honcho and was told that the trailer must have settled on my way home.
I call that BS.
So now I'm resigned to the well known fact that if you want something done properly you have to do it yourself.
My opinion of the company is that they are too focused on pushing new trailers out their door to really be committed to total customer satisfaction.
It's nothing to do with my boat builder and he has gone above and beyond in being the middleman for this trailer company on more than one occasion.
Believe me, this last saga was nothing compared to the first problem I had with this trailer.

Chimo
30-05-2017, 07:13 PM
"It's a dunbier"

What will the next one be after this saga?

552Evo
30-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Something better.
Chosen through experience.

Chimo
30-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Well said!'

At least you have the ex dairy farmer close by.

Dignity
30-05-2017, 09:38 PM
It's a worry when they mix and match, all parallels should be the same size, can't find a photo on their website where this occurs. Suggest some stronger words with them.

552Evo
30-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Dignity I honestly think it's pointless.
The (most recent) issue is sorted, it's the workmanship and small things that matter, better off sorting out that myself.

mace01
31-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Actually, I'd be pissed off with the boat builder/dealer. Dunbier supply "empty" trailers to the builder/dealer who are then "supposed" to adjust the trailer to suit. Mat.

552Evo
31-05-2017, 07:06 AM
I've already been through this with the boat builder.
They send the boat specs to the trailer supplier and it goes from there.
The trailer was adjusted fine when it was delivered with the boat no matter who adjusted it.
Yes, don't get me wrong for a soft touch, I am pissed off. But I've learned enough times in life to get things done properly, do it yourself and I also know not to waste my time arguing with people who you can tell are either not interested or get defensive and steer the problem off course.
Like I said earlier the boat is magnificent the trailer is good now but I'll sort out the little issue myself. I've learned a lot about trailers though [emoji23]🤣

Sent using Tapatalk

552Evo
31-05-2017, 07:32 PM
I've adjusted the two new parallels, the bloody bolts that lock the parallels in position were not tight.
Two bolts were firm ( nowhere near tight) and two were barely hand tight.
So that explains why the trailer looked ok when I picked it up, and why the parallels dropped on my way home.
Anyway it's all sorted now, I love a happy ending.
Hopefully I never need to take it back again.
And I got some Lanox and sprayed it with reckless abandon and a stupid grin on my head knowing I did the job myself, properly.

Triple
31-05-2017, 11:07 PM
So do you have full suspension travel without hitting that bolt with the axle now? You really don't want to be transferring all that shock to the hull via the small contact patch of that set of rollers every time you hit a pot hole or speed bump.

552Evo
01-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Yes thanks Triple I think so ? guestamating there's at least 2"/50mm gap there now, I'm not sure if that directly relates to the travel but I'll have another look this arvo, I'm going to adjust the brakes today. There's a bit too much slop in the mechanism. So I'll check it out later.
[emoji106]

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/fJFXokFRVPzlgMx5jyB5cdx-KabX74OJuSaBvb7Im5YAIs6lH6L4LWhK4M4c5yN4c2z05Y0laY VaYBVQ5osPvqnhVln42KEprdg9EWhFbD9Wi-wAG7pIFVSVF8Izya1mPg=w500-h211-nc

mace01
01-06-2017, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=552Evo;1632611
Yes, don't get me wrong for a soft touch, I am pissed off. But I've learned enough times in life to get things done properly, do it yourself and I also know not to waste my time arguing with people who you can tell are either not interested or get defensive and steer the problem off course.
[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain mate. Have had similar issues with my new rig recently. Mat.

552Evo
01-06-2017, 11:49 AM
I feel your pain mate. Have had similar issues with my new rig recently. Mat.

Really Mat, that's interesting. Is it the same brand of trailer ?
You had issues with the parallels or suspension or something else?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/fJFXokFRVPzlgMx5jyB5cdx-KabX74OJuSaBvb7Im5YAIs6lH6L4LWhK4M4c5yN4c2z05Y0laY VaYBVQ5osPvqnhVln42KEprdg9EWhFbD9Wi-wAG7pIFVSVF8Izya1mPg=w500-h211-nc

mace01
01-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Really Mat, that's interesting. Is it the same brand of trailer ?
You had issues with the parallels or suspension or something else?

Not really just trailer issues, although yes, a few things were incorrect with the trailer (a dunbier). My troubles were really sloppy things that the dealer should've sorted out before delivery on both the boat and the trailer. Being two hours away from the dealer doesn't help when you need things fixed, so...you do them yourself. Mat.