PDA

View Full Version : Rocket launchers

Seahorse
08-05-2017, 05:50 AM
Going to put up a rocket launcher. I have 4.6 renegade with bimini.

What are the ones like that u attach to bimini rails?

I dont want to screw anything to gunnels as i will have to pull down each tome i put in shed.

If recommended, where is best place to buy them?

cheers
greg

Noelm
08-05-2017, 06:01 AM
If you are talking about those cheap ones you buy in a box, they are too weak to even think about traveling with rods in them, OK for storage while fishing, but if you want to put your rods in them while driving, you might as well throw all your rods over the side now to save it happening later (in my opinion) some have had reasonable life out of them, but, I have seen a few now that just crumbled from bouncing around.

Fazz90
08-05-2017, 08:58 AM
Agree with Noelm.

Get them done by a Marine fabrication shop.

I looked into making them on my own and was only saving about $50.00, which to me wasn't worth the trouble.

DaveR
08-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Best bet is to see a trimmer who does biminis/rocket launchers and get them added to your factory setup. Easy and cheap. The dealer probably has a local guy.

seb7701
11-05-2017, 06:43 AM
I am wondering whether the success of the 'clip-on' rocket launchers (which I'm looking at also) is based largely on how well braced your bimini is? Eg, whether it's secured more so with poles rather than cables or those horrid vinyl straps?

gunna
12-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Rod holders on the side of the side console.

scottar
12-05-2017, 10:07 AM
I am wondering whether the success of the 'clip-on' rocket launchers (which I'm looking at also) is based largely on how well braced your bimini is? Eg, whether it's secured more so with poles rather than cables or those horrid vinyl straps?

How rough it is, what weight rods and reels, how long it has sat in the sun degrading the plastic. Even full stainless targa types will crack if given a hard enough time with weight, vibration and sea conditions. As has been mentioned - not somewhere I would store rods of any value to travel.

Seahorse
12-05-2017, 01:22 PM
If u get one done by fabricator, wheres it going.? Dont want to screw it to gunnel, cant keep putting it up and down. Easier to unclip from canopy. U dont have 10 kg of rod and reels up there. I feel sure they would be ok when driving on water.