PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Marine-customer service

Any_Weather
29-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Gday guys, this is just a quick thanks to Motorsport Marine at Burpengary. Now I don't ever post good or bad on the internet however, after todays service I felt obliged to. Picture the scenario, leaving for a 2 week fishing trip to 1770 early Monday morning. It's Saturday morning when I notice a trim piston leaking oil. I hear the hydraulics squealing a bit on the Port engine and sounding totally different to its twin brother. I found that when the engine is trimmed fully in that the top seal was pouring oil out and the squealing was from low oil level.
I rang all the local mobile marine mechanics but none were available on the long weekend.
What now, do I change it myself or just take plenty of oil on the trip?
I call all my usual dealers to no avail and then I called Motorsport Suzuki at Narangba. Now please bare in mind that I have had no dealings with this company ever in the past.
I call and get "Keith" on the phone. Mate I have an issue, "my Trim piston is leaking, can you help"? The response, " yes you need ......... part and I have one here."
I leave Caloundra and get there and the part is waiting. I say that I am heading to Repco to try and buy a spanner to remove the failed part and "Keith" says no that's not going to work", the nut will be exceptionally tight and you need the specific tool.
Now I am a full time fitter and made a half arsed tool before I left to try and get the part out and it failed dismally. I thought I would get it out one way or another.
Keith then offered me the specific tool to do the job and gave me the full run down on how to do it.
This worked a treat and after less than 5 minutes it was as good as new.
Once I get back to work I will be making 2 tools, one for myself and one for Motorsport Suzuki so they can borrow it out to help suckers like me.
Once again, thanks to Motorsport Suzuki for trusting a nobody off the street with their gear and my future business will be heading your way.

Cheers
Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

Ashtom
29-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Keith is a very nice guy and I have only had good dealings with him and Motorsport marine as well

Sent from my XT1580 using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)

SWANY22
29-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Defently agree there not many places I've been to give great service like Keith and crew
And are very knowledgable at what they do !! As that seems to be a thing of the past

Noelm
29-04-2017, 07:51 PM
A kind if similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago (but not in my boat) we were in Canberra in my wife's Subaru and some warning lights came on, I did a quick Google and found it relates to some sensor issue, looked on Google again and found a dealer pretty close, so I gave them a call, the guy that answered the phone said they were closing soon, (Saturday) but come around and he would wait for me, drove in, was greeted by the guy, he shook my hand, introduced himself, got the computer from the workshop, asked for the keys and took me out to the car, hooked up the laptop, mucked around for about 10 mins and said it will be OK now, started it up, and yep, all lights gone out, I asked him how much, he said, nothing, glad to help! now I have never been there before, not likely to ever go back seeing as I live hours away, I offered him cash, but he was sure, no charge, enjoy the weekend in Canberra, can't get much more helpful than that.

Bremic
30-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Keith is a good bloke. Always found him to be honest and up front in dealing with him. Knew his stuff. Unlike a couple of others I used, before Keith/Sundown.

ric
30-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Kudos to you any_weather for posting a great positive report!

Finnatical
01-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Agreed, Keith and his team are great to deal with and are reasonable with their prices too. Highly recommend them.

tarzan
01-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Yep I'm another one.....can't go past Keith and is team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fishing111
01-05-2017, 08:37 PM
To every positive their is undoubtedly a negative. Organised for Keith to come around years ago to source the cause of constant stalling as he had a mobile service. He didn’t bring a tote tank for a separate fuel supply, he did change the fuel filter, and water separator filter and then was absolutely convinced it was the breather in the tank and was drilling into our tank leaving all sorts of shit at the bottom of the tank all to no avail as it kept on stalling. Sam from Performance boats even helped him while he was drilling as he bought a boat off him and came around to fine tune something or other. He then had us believe after unsuccessful drilling that the whole tank was faulty and had to be replaced which was big bucks obviously. (2 lot’s of work performed by Keith, one at our home, and the other at his workshop in Burpengary )

I ended up finding the problem myself while I was taking the fuel hoses off and noticed the fitting to the water separator was so loose I could turn it with my fingers, along with the the strong smell of petrol. So I checked it straight away and couldn’t believe a bolt not done up was the cause of all our grief as it was letting air into the fuel line/system.

So Keith couldn’t find that and he was the Suzuki dealer of the year or what ever back then. I’m glad he has worked out for you guy’s, but just because someone lends me a spanner i wouldn’t be offloading my first born.

Yes a kind gesture for you Lee, however I couldn’t recommend Keith and we still have god knows how much shit at the bottom of the tank from his drilling expedition which could cause future problems if some of these filings make their way into the fuel system.

Any_Weather
02-05-2017, 03:57 AM
To every positive their is undoubtedly a negative. Organised for Keith to come around years ago to source the cause of constant stalling as he had a mobile service. He didn’t bring a tote tank for a separate fuel supply, he did change the fuel filter, and water separator filter and then was absolutely convinced it was the breather in the tank and was drilling into our tank leaving all sorts of shit at the bottom of the tank all to no avail as it kept on stalling. Sam from Performance boats even helped him while he was drilling as he bought a boat off him and came around to fine tune something or other. He then had us believe after unsuccessful drilling that the whole tank was faulty and had to be replaced which was big bucks obviously. (2 lot’s of work performed by Keith, one at our home, and the other at his workshop in Burpengary )

I ended up finding the problem myself while I was taking the fuel hoses off and noticed the fitting to the water separator was so loose I could turn it with my fingers, along with the the strong smell of petrol. So I checked it straight away and couldn’t believe a bolt not done up was the cause of all our grief as it was letting air into the fuel line/system.

So Keith couldn’t find that and he was the Suzuki dealer of the year or what ever back then. I’m glad he has worked out for you guy’s, but just because someone lends me a spanner i wouldn’t be offloading my first born.

Yes a kind gesture for you Lee, however I couldn’t recommend Keith and we still have god knows how much shit at the bottom of the tank from his drilling expedition which could cause future problems if some of these filings make their way into the fuel system.

Gday guys, this was not meant to be some sort of promotion for Keith or his business just an honest thanks for some customer service that was above and beyond what is expected. As I said in my earlier post, I don't ever post or bad mouth poor service or Good service for that matter but I thought this was worthy. I am clearly not the only person to receive this type of service from this man.

Fishing111, mate I am sorry for your poor service. I to would be disappointed if I were in your same shoes.

Cheers guys (off to catch the big ones now)[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)