PDA

View Full Version : What next for restarting etec after 4 years ?

datamile
04-03-2017, 03:21 PM
HI, slowly bringing the boat back together now that'll not spending weekends at kids sporting events.

Boat has not been started for 4 years.

Steering is good after a lube up.

Evin 115 DI - E115FSLSOD (2004) . Injection

Took the plugs out, sprayed some crc, put it in gear and pistons appear to all turn over if I kick the prop around, so not seized :).

I think there was 5 litres or so in the tank which I pumped out using the bulb.

So my next question is the stale fuel, and any drama it might have caused and what can I do about it ?

Fuel tank ?
Fuel Lines ?
Injectors ?

Do I need replace the oil (xd100 ) ?

Once I've got most of the time consuming stuff done , I'll expect I'll take it to Tony at MarineWorx to get all the impellors changed, and service before kicking the engine into life.

scottar
04-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Not sure about changing the oil but getting your mechanic to confirm operation of the alarm system - in particular the no oil alarm prior to start up is possibly a good idea. Full service, compression check, check the condition of the shift rod where it enters the lower unit and change the shift shaft o'ring. Possibly get him to hook it up to the computer and static test the injectors, New fuel filter

Noelm
04-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Google indexing plugs seeing as you had them out, other than that, fresh fuel, maybe fresh oil, and start it up.

myusernam
04-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Yeah I'd let it idle for a while. Maybe run some OMC engine tuner through it. Will decarbonise but also help with any old sticky oil etc

Feral
04-03-2017, 04:06 PM
change the 2 stroke oil in the reservoir as well.
Then run it for no more than a minute and pay close attention. Make sure it is pumping water, no obvious rattles, thumps or to much smoke (it will burn out the CRC etc you have put in it so expect some smoke initially).

Moejoes
04-03-2017, 07:23 PM
I would as stated, spray some lube in the bores.
Leave plugs out and turn over by hand first to ensure nothing is sticking.
Then with plugs still out turn over a couple of times with starter motor.
Put plugs back in but do not connect leads, turn over again with starter motor.
I'd actually try and open up the throttle and try to flood the motor with new fuel & 2 stroke oil as to lube in the crank case as well.
Then let sit a while, connect spark plug leads and fire up for a minute and watch for water pump as suggested.
Your rubber impeller will more than likely be shot.

Cheers Rob.

datamile
04-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone.. Sounds like there's little left that I can do without changing the impeller, and slowly kick if back to life.

Perhaps I wander over to Downes Marine during the week, and check on the xd100 oil ( liquid gold ) status, and still what they recommend and quote. Boat is in tingalpa so could tow it either way.

hino310
04-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Your outboatd is a Ficht di engine not an Etec. Anyway just make sure you have a good battery with clean connections, fresh fuel, change the engine mounted fuel filter and she will be sweet.

datamile
18-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Ok, update for all. I had figured out that it wasn't seized, and lucky for me, Downes marine had some slots over Easter.

With some tender care they got it started after draining all the fuel from the intakes and rails etc. They've had it running for an hour with computer diagnosis and it all looks good.

The downside was the stale fuel had jammed the fuel/vapor pump and it needs replacing (1200+) ,but all the injectors etc are good.