PDA

View Full Version : parsun owners update; hows yours going

up the creek
27-02-2017, 09:48 PM
yes this thread has been done but a while ago and i am going to buy a 9.8hp most likely based on my own research. but theyve been around a while now and i just want to know if anyone whos had one longer then a couple of years can tell me if there still going strong and if any nasty design flaws have reaered there head. as most posts were a few years ago and if the parsun motor is proving it self reasonably reliable then even though its only $400 more for a 9.9 mercury i am keen to give them a go..

GBC
28-02-2017, 05:40 AM
You can get a real 9.8 tohatsu for not much more. The parsun dealer/importer from on this forum never bothered following up any of my enquiries (twice - more fool me) so if that's anything to go by I'd give them a swerve.

up the creek
28-02-2017, 10:35 AM
thanks for the info and its something to consider, but the main point i want to know is the engine itself is it after a few years and a bit of good use, is it still going well... ie is it a dud mechanically.

You can get a real 9.8 tohatsu for not much more. The parsun dealer/importer from on this forum never bothered following up any of my enquiries (twice - more fool me) so if that's anything to go by I'd give them a swerve.

Parsun
02-03-2017, 11:44 AM
G'Day Up the Creek. As GBC pointed out I'm the Australia distributor for the Parsun range. If you have any tech questions feel free to ask or here or give me a call directly.
I also dug up this article that may interest you:
http://www.australianboatmags.com.au/pdf/previews/BTSENG339_prev.pdf
GBC Sorry what question did you ask me? I'm normally pretty good at getting back to people but if I'm overseas on business I may have missed you question. Feel free to ask away and I'll do my best top answer it. Your also welcome to give me a call directly as well.
Cheers
Garry