PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new trailer

TheRealPoMo
06-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Hello all, I think I am about ready to give up the ghost on my American trailer. it is 10 years old and just not meant for saltwater.
So any advice on brand and type for a 18.5 ft American fibreglass bowrider ? The current one is a skid trailer and requires a dunking to get the boat on and off which I suspect is 90% the problem.
Do I need to worry about dunking with a new galvanised skid trailer ?
Do roller trailers need dunking ?
Are roller trailers better anyway ?
Won't ask about discs versus drums - learnt that one.
I am in North Brisbane so any advice on a manufacturer - Belco, Sea Trail, etc ?
What's the procedure for getting the boat on the first time and fitting and adjusting ?
I think that covers it.
Cheers all

SUPERDAFF
06-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Hello all, I think I am about ready to give up the ghost on my American trailer. it is 10 years old and just not meant for saltwater.
So any advice on brand and type for a 18.5 ft American fibreglass bowrider ? The current one is a skid trailer and requires a dunking to get the boat on and off which I suspect is 90% the problem.
Do I need to worry about dunking with a new galvanised skid trailer ?
Do roller trailers need dunking ?
Are roller trailers better anyway ?
Won't ask about discs versus drums - learnt that one.
I am in North Brisbane so any advice on a manufacturer - Belco, Sea Trail, etc ?
What's the procedure for getting the boat on the first time and fitting and adjusting ?
I think that covers it.
Cheers all
You could also consider an alloy trailer set up specifically for your boat. Few good operators around including Australian Master Marine at Leitch's Road Brendale.