PDA

View Full Version : Yamba fishing tips

masonrigging
14-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can give me some basic tips for fishing Yamba. I'm heading down there tomorrow with my 3 young fellas and need all the help I can get. I've fished there once before and caught nothing:'(. There's a heap of rain forecast for tomorrow so I'm guessing the flat head and muddies might fire up after that, but I'd love one or two spots that I can take the kids offshore (not too far) and hopefully get em onto their first decent fish:D. I'd appreciate any advice, especially if someone can tell me what might be biting down that way at the moment. I've got a 5m centre console and we will be camping at the Blue Dolphin. Cheers fellas

twappett90
15-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Try drifting down the middle wall caught plenty of decent flathead an whitting about 2 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

kingcray
15-01-2017, 06:28 PM
normally loads of flathead along the shallow side of the middle wall - western end near gap in wall.
The deeper side is good at night for jew,flathead,big bream, pretty much everything lives along there.
Always a few whiting off whiting beach also

masonrigging
15-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Thanks heaps fellas. I appreciate the help. I'll give it a crack over the next couple of days. The bloke at the BP tackle shop suggested using mullet and beach worms, is that the go?

Brad O
16-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Pump some yabbies plenty along the river, sandbanks and island fringes and it's fun for the kids.

Sent from my Pixel using Ausfish mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91595)