PDA

View Full Version : Another ICONIC Build 4.5m V Punt

Skusto
15-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Well i thought i would post up the build of my current boat that's getting built, I will attach a list below of what is going in the boat. This should be a nice strong boat by the time its finished and cant wait for it to be ready early January when i get back home from holidays. As i mainly do a lot of prawning and crabbing i have set this boat up for that which should make it nice and pleasurable.

Feel free to ask any Questions.

List as follows.

10 degree deadrise
5083 aluminium construction. 4mm hull 4mm sides, 4mm full depth girder and frame system
Bare aluminium hull - have changed my mind here and will nyalick (SP?) coat it .
Inbuilt reversed chines for stability, ride and dryness
3mm checker plate Fully welded self-draining deck
Side pockets
Casting deck with weatherproof hatch and switch panel plate inside
Wide side decks
Underfloor fuel in cell (60L)
Anchor well
25mm Fwd and Rear grab rails.
Bollards located in anchor locker
Basic flotation
Transducer bracket to stb side and 25mm 1/2” BSP deck wash pickup provision welded through hull.
Small iconic boats logo sticker kit
Provision for battery in casting deck hatch
2 seats on seat posts
2 seat sockets
Kill tank plumbed
4.5m Custom Iconic Aluminium Skid trailer with Keel Ladder.
Garmin 95SV Supplied and fitted
Bulge Pump supplied and fitted
Under gunnel LED’s
Elec Motor Bkt
MSRA70 fusion radio, 2 x 6” Fusion speakers, aerial fitted
Live bait pump plumbed to kill tank
2 x battery box supplied and installed under casting deck
Deck wash pump and kit installed
Pt and Stb rear steps
Rod locker port side
6 x welded alloy rod holders to side deck
Electrical fitout, including battery switch, MFM70start battery, led nav lights, wiring and waterproof connections

I have gone with a standard Transom because i have no need for a livewell and if needed could always use the kill tank as i a live well, The Kill Tank is fitted with a pump to store Mud crabs in and keep live by recycling water when boat stationary.

The other reason for the standard transom is so hopefully i will be able to fit 2 eskies either side behind seats for food and bait.

Here are some recent Pictures.

robcam
15-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Hey Dan, build is coming along very well and looks like it`s going to be one tough ass little punt.Seams like you really have it sorted and know exactly what you want.

Skusto
15-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Yeah should be a good tinny, hopefully sorted everything out! Added A few extras today lucky I'm going away otherwise I probably wouldn't stop adding stuff ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91595)

BAR UP
17-12-2016, 08:35 AM
Sick looking boat there Dan should do the job.

EdBerg
21-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Nice, are you welding it up yourself and if so where did you get the plans?

Skusto
23-12-2016, 10:26 AM
No I'm not welding up, it's one chris from iconic boats range. He is based in Sandgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91595)

Feral
23-12-2016, 10:57 AM
So what size mill will go on her?

Skusto
23-12-2016, 12:16 PM
4mm everything except for checkerplate floor which is 3mm

ricehole23
23-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Hey Skusto
What's the package worth roughly??
Cheers
Troy

Skusto
24-12-2016, 03:53 AM
Hey mate

I've added a lot of extras to this boat but I think you would be surprised by the cost of them compared to a quintrex or a sea jay dearer of course but not by big amounts still keeps it well within budgets.

I'd rather not say on here but if you have chris a call I'm sure he would be happy to discuss with you.

Skusto
18-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Hey guys

So i have been a little slack here are some of the Build Photos, will post the finished photos in about a week just finishing some stuff myself so will post once all done.

Sorry dont know why they came out on the side.

robcam
19-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Hey Dan, saw this boat today, talking to Chris about a custom shape tool box for the front of my trailer. Your boat is looking great, I`ve never seen a punt like this one.I recon the pro crabbers in Stanage will be keeping a bit of an eye on you in this thing. Rob

Skusto
19-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Yeah mate he said this arvo when i poped in. I am wrapped with how it has come together looks massive on the trailer and looks a lot bigger then any other 4.5m boat on the market so was a good decision.

Lucky we are near the end cause i don't think it could have any more extras on it! ha ha

And well Chris will be happy to see the arse end of me ha ha ha

Cheers Dan

robcam
21-01-2017, 08:00 AM
Yeah mate I did the same thing except I did it for 4 or 5 months, I`m sure Chris was glad to see the back of me. But seriously I think this is one of the main advantages of building a custom plate boat, the extent of customization you`re able to do before and during the build. Rob.

Skusto
01-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Hey Guys

So Boat had its first test run last weekend and all i can say is wow!, it sits well in the water is dry and for a 4.5m Tinny has Massive deck space. Goes quite well in the chop to for a v punt i was quite surprised on what it can push into!

I still have a few more weeks and bits and bobs i want to do but all in all Chris Has been a Pleasure to work with.

Cannot recommend him enough if you guys are looking to buy a boat in this size you should give him a call and have a chat. its one solid boat and has been great being able to add things like the Rod locker storage and things that you just cant get when you buy the Production Boats.

He put in a lot of work in the last week to make sure it was delivered on time.

If you are looking for a boat like this and want a test run more then happy to take potential customers for a run to see for them selves.

Any way here are some picks but i haven't really had a chance to get a good lot of them.

Oh almost forgot if you guys are looking for a new motor as well then don't hesitate to call Garry(Spaniard King) at Silver Service Marine for a price on a Honda you might be very surprised on how competitive Honda is getting plus with a 7 year warranty you cant go wrong!!

Cheers Dan

robcam
02-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Hey Dan, congrats on the build mate, not your average 4.5m punt. That trailer looks smick, also nice catch already there on the casting deck. Rob..

Skusto
02-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Hey Rob

Thanks yes really happy how it turned out. It does look good the trailer hoping it doesn't look to good that someone may try to steal it while i'm out.

Ha Ha the catch up the front can be temperamental at times though. ;)