PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota/Motor Guide for CruiseCraft Outsider 575

Hillbillyfish
04-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Hi All, Interested to hear if anyone has fitted a Minn Kota/Motor Guide on a CruiseCraft Outsider 575 or something similar. Main use would be to use as an anchor.

Cheers

Hillbillyfish

mace01
04-12-2016, 07:47 AM
hey hillbilly. I mounted an 80lb Xi5 to my Cruise Craft 530 Explorer. Mounted it on the rear boarding platform (with the ladder) rather than the bow as that was going to be impractical. It worked a bloody treat. The only slight difference than on the bow was that you had to steer "backwards". But on anchor lock it was peerless. Also really nice to be able to get any "drift" going when tossing plastics at snapper. Batteries were mounted up in the cabin underneath the infill cushion, and the extra weight up in the bow actually helped the overall performance of the boat too. Do it I say! Mat.

Spaniard_King
04-12-2016, 10:52 AM
Just did one on a 2100 walk around Whitley. We made a stainless bracket and mounted the motor bracket to that. The customer had a 24Volt model which we mounted a pair of batteries in the front of the cabin. It took some think tanks to get over all of the issues

take some pics and we can discuss it

Out_There
04-12-2016, 01:13 PM
I've got a Minn Kota Riptide ST (80 lds thrust) on a 5.75 platey. Use it to anchor bottom donging. Works a treat. Changes the way you fish.
Can fish very small shows and up current of reef that would be near impossible to anchor on. Also great for trolling livies for spanards.

Hillbillyfish
04-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys, Im really keen to mount it on my bow sprit and get rid of my electric anchor, i'm just worried that I wont have the electric in the water deep enough as the cruise craft has a flared bow. For those with the motors mounted on the bow how do you find the depth of your electric into the water. thinking I may have to go the 72in shaft but that rules out motor guide and I was leaning there way :-?.

RayLamp
04-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Auto stow, 72" and has been on the front of a bar crusher. It would be my pick http://minnkota.com.au/products/trolling-motors/riptide-ulterra-saltwater/

scottar
04-12-2016, 06:09 PM
You really won't be able to make any sort of decision on location without a dry fit and as you will probably want the longest shaft possible you will need a lot of room in a straight line for the stowed position - maybe more than straight down the bowsprit will allow. If you are happy to modify one rail and go down one side, this may not be an issue . They can be a bugger of a thing to install - measure about half a dozen times before you cut and drill - allowing for the full range of tilting motion during deployment/retrieval. If you do use the bowsprit, have you allowed a contingency for the use of a standard anchor?

Hillbillyfish
04-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Yer i was thinking of putting an anchor tie off point somewhere up the front.

Because the outsider has a pretty big walk around area im thinking there should be plenty of room either off the sprit or just to the side. Im happy to cut the bow rail and mount a plate onto the front side of hull and fit it across the front of hull on an angle to follow the walk around. This way id be able to keep the electric anchor when required.

RayLamp
04-12-2016, 10:04 PM

Because the outsider has a pretty big walk around area im thinking there should be plenty of room either off the sprit or just to the side. Im happy to cut the bow rail and mount a plate onto the front side of hull and fit it across the front of hull on an angle to follow the walk around. This way id be able to keep the electric anchor when required.
You might not have to do any cutting. When you look at that mini kota video, that bar crusher doesn't have its bow rails cut. You might need some form of mounting plate extension though.

mace01
05-12-2016, 06:52 AM

See PM's hillbilly, but save yourself a lot of hassle (no cutting or anything) and go the boarding platform mount option. a 60" shaft is perfect, as is stowing it, deploying it and you don;t need a 36VDC. From the bow on the CC 530 I would've definitely needed a 72" in any sort of swell. Mat.

philliplucky
10-12-2016, 08:28 AM
does anyone have some pics of their elec mounted