PDA

View Full Version : tag off Maroochy

Sheik
28-11-2016, 09:51 AM
I caught a little red emperor on Murphy's the other day that had a tag in it. It started with a W. Would that be a Sunfish tag or someone else? how do I find out?
On that note, I've been out a few times recently and caught probably fifteen or twenty little reds which amazes me. They're obviously breeding there I assume, but are the bigger ones caught offshore of Maroochy as soon as they hit the legal size or are is it a nursery that they leave to head north? No pics sorry. Too rough to hold the camera steady

Luc
28-11-2016, 10:15 AM
There should be a phone number on the tag that you can use to report the capture.

BeastMaster
28-11-2016, 06:14 PM
If you ring 1800077001 and report the species, total length, whether or not you released the fish, location caught and tag number ,you will be sent a recapture certificate.Ive recently tagged a few juvenile red emperor on the Sunshine Coast ,some of the tags started with w , so theres a fair chance its one of mine.The recapture rates on red emperor is quite high.
Regards
BeastMaster.

Sheik
28-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Thanks BM. I;ll do that.

Sheik
28-11-2016, 06:48 PM
There should be a phone number on the tag that you can use to report the capture.
Couldn't see a phone number on this one...but thanks.